• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rush Hour Patch UPDATE_SKU1_TO_P1_B638

Started by doug_w, December 19, 2017, 04:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug_w

Purchased SimCity 4 Deluxe from Origin about a week ago. Wanted to load the NetworkAddonMod but is says that the Rush Hour patch UPDATE_SKU1_TO_P1_B638 has not been load. So download the patch but it does not work. giving the following error log

----- Processing Patch File -----

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'DELUXE.exe'
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'Graphics Rules.sgr'
New Version of File 'Graphics Rules.sgr' already exists.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'RUSHHOUR.exe'
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_1.dat'
warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_2.dat'
New Version of File 'SimCity_2.dat' already exists.
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_3.dat'
New Version of File 'SimCity_3.dat' already exists.
Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'SimCity_4.dat'
New Version of File 'SimCity_4.dat' already exists.

----- Patch File Processing Complete -----

How does one get around this problem. Origin Technical Support is hopeless.

If anyone who has applied this update could you possible upload the files that should have been updated, so I can download them

Thanks and any advice would be welcomed.

Maybe let me know where I could buy original CD version, I live in Australia

mgb204

Long and short, the Origin version is the worst one out there. It's the only unpatched digital release, worse still, it's unpatchable to boot. Make Origin refund you for their sloppy crap, because this problem is unlikely to get fixed.

A disk-version is probably not a viable option, if using Win10, it won't work. If using any other version of Windows from Vista onwards, MS removed a vital driver in a OS update that prevents the disk from validating. I.e., death by DRM.

So what are your options?, well personally I'd recommend GoG for a digital release, it's the best version out there and fully DRM Free. But, most people aren't unhappy with a copy from Steam, keep an eye for a sale, if you ask me the RRP of $20 or so (no idea what that is in AUS$ though), is a rip off. I got my GoG copy for 2,49€ in a sale with a free copy of SC2k, but anything around the 5 Buck/Pound/Euro mark is a good deal IMO.

Tarkus

GOG happens to be selling SC4 for 75% off the regular price as part of the Winter Sale right now.  It's going for US$4.99 on sale, which, in addition to being the best digital version of the game, is the best deal out there right now.

Origin did once fix their unpatchable mess when my 2014 exposé ended up getting covered by PC Gamer, but they switched back when no one was looking, and we've not had any luck shaming them into fixing it again.  Getting a refund does hit them in the pocketbook, however, and is the best recourse right now.

-Alex

art128

In addition to what Tarkus and MGB said, the steam version is at 10$ and regularly goes under 5$ during the sales. The winter sales start Tuesday so keep am eye out for a good deal.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Alan_Waters

I also support the posts of the MGB204 and Tarkus. I will also draw your attention to the fact that buying in GOG you purchase the version of B641.

doug_w

Thanks for your reply. I have purchased a copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe from GOG and cost only AUD$6-49. I got a refund of the AUD$16-99 from Origin after complaining. So am happy chappy and it cost me AUD10-00 less. What a bargain.

Taynak

Ok... so here's the thing. Origin is only $15 a year for Origin Access. It's dope. tons of free games and the list is always growing. big titles too like titanfall2... battlefield 4. .. and a lot of others.. so naturally i am opposed to having to buy it for steam or GOG or any others just simply because i shouldn't have to.  $%Grinno$% ... so with that being said..

the problem i am having is it saying that it can't find the files for the installation.

art128

The issue you're having is related to the fact that ORIGIN sells an OUTDATED version of the game that is UNPATCHABLE.

That is why we generally tell people to buy it on either steam or GoG. GoG being a bit better since it doesn't require a DRM to launch the game.
It has nothing to do with disliking Origin or EA... it's purely objective to the fact EA voluntarily sells an outdated unpatchable version of the game and is generally very uncooperative in refunding people who bought it.

I understand it's a hassle to launch a game on a platform, and another game on another platform... I feel the same when i get a uplay CD key and the like. But at present time there is simply no other way to go if you want to play SC4 with mods. (and you should)

For a limited time origin sold the correct version of the game after the issue posted on Tarkus' blog was relayed by a PC Gaming news website... But they reverted back almost a month or so later, updating the game of all the people who had the correct version at the same time.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog