• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Tarkus,

Thank you for the reply.  I did try addressing this under the "NAM Issues" with no hits. 

Are you address the  ERHW8S over RHW6C or the diagonal?

dyoungyn

roadgeek

Quote from: dyoungyn on March 24, 2015, 03:46:39 PM
roadgeek,

Thank you for the reply.  I have tried it again and this time I did as you suggested and even plopped the 7.5M flex piece and a RHW8S before and still no joy.  I honestly believe it is the dragging 4 lines of RHW over 3 lines of RHW.

As for the diagonal, I agree this may be an issue to RHW.

dyoungyn

I would recommend clicking right here with the standard RHW piece. I have found it works when I had a similar glitch RHW-6C over Ave-6. You might also try moving your exit ramp out a tile or two.

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Tarkus on March 11, 2015, 11:33:54 PM
We may want to add additional coverage.  A Tarkusian BYSOI (Blow Your Socks Off Interchange) will be making a landing shortly . . . party like it's 2007.  8-)

-Alex
Party like 2007? Let's do it  :bnn:.

Quote from: eggman121 on March 11, 2015, 08:33:51 PM
I am going to settle some things down now!!!  ::)

Quote from: eggman121 on March 11, 2015, 08:11:14 PM

Why stop the NAM for a new game when we have come this far. Yes I am not going to tell you by words but rather by pictures. What are your impressions?

Not a definite certainty but I'm pretty sure these will make it in  ;)

-eggman121

In one word, my impression is "heavenly". Building interchanges like that in SC4 has been a fond dreamscape of mine since I first laid eyes on the MIS. I am very pleased at the progress the NAM has made, and I'm already plotting how that will that into my style of city, since those components will prove extremely useful. My pre-emptive congratulations.

Quote from: Tarkus on March 11, 2015, 05:04:59 PM
Development on NAM 33 is actually at the "feature freeze" state, in that we've stopped adding content.  But we haven't put all the parts together into any semblance of a complete build, and RL has slammed a bunch of us (present company included) pretty hard in recent months.  Because everything is kind of scattered--both content-wise and personnel-wise--it's really hard to tell when NAM 33 will be released.  It's going to take getting through what looks to be a very painful integration phase in our release engineering before we have any idea internally.

-Alex

Nice to see an update on how far along it is, and I'm glad to see that you're continuing to work on it. We shall be happily awaiting the release for as long it takes to release it.

roadgeek

I know this has been requested before: I would like to know if the Basket Weave interchange will make it into NAM33.

Tarkus

It's already possible to do a basketweave with the existing content.  There's not really anything new coming to that side of things for NAM 33, however, if you're wanting there to be some sort of QuickChange-like setup.

Also, on another note, today happens to mark the 11th birthday of the NAM. :party:  The RHW project will be hitting the 10-year mark later this year, on November 16th.

-Alex

JoeST

Very much congratulations on 11 years of this amazing plugin, you guys are seriously the best :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

gn_leugim

happy birthday NAM and a huge congratulations to all present and past team members as well a huge thank for the amazing work so far done, and, may the "NANce be with you" for the future work/releases :D

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on April 24, 2015, 11:42:49 AM
It's already possible to do a basketweave with the existing content.

Is it possible using FA X FA?

Tarkus

FA x FA isn't possible with the RHW at present, let alone for basketweaving.

-Alex

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: roadgeek on May 09, 2015, 10:02:37 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on April 24, 2015, 11:42:49 AM
It's already possible to do a basketweave with the existing content.

Is it possible using FA X FA?

For RHW2 you could use, as workaround, the T or X Intersection in the FA Road puzzle pieces. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

roadgeek

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on May 10, 2015, 06:24:05 AM
For RHW2 you could use, as workaround, the T or X Intersection in the FA Road puzzle pieces. ;)

I am not quite sure what you are getting at. Are you aware that a basket weave interchange involves parallel multi-lane RHWs? Actually, it would be much nicer to interface with a OWR as is possible with MHW.

Edit: See this image

shows that there is no RHW2 involved, whereas this one

uses parallel roads. It looks similar to an FA x FA basketweave, and I am sure it would generate a lot of drool, if it were adapted to RHW.

c0rnh0li0

Can anyone tell me why this exchange doesn't work?

j-dub

&mmm I'm afraid that's because the paths do not exist on the middle diamond center of that piece where they're supposed to exist, thus no arrow paths, no connection.

jdenm8

Looking at it, all the diagonal RHW intersections in Symphony seem to have bad paths. I'll have a look into fixing it.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

"Wealthification" work under way with the new FLEXRamps and Draggable Ramp Interfaces.

We've managed to kill all but 9 of the non-FARHW static puzzle piece ramps.  Everything else now has a FLEX or draggable implementation, complete with this snazzy "wealthification", and a whole bunch of new possibilities as well--the ramp above (an RHW-8C Type B2, added this release by Ganaram) never existed in puzzle form.  By the release following NAM 33, that number should be down to 0, with possible inroads on the FARHW ramps. 

-Alex

c0rnh0li0

Can anyone point me to a fix addressing the fact no sidewalks show up? I'vie tried taking out any plugins I thought might be causing a conflict, but nothing is working.

Korot

On the RHW? Which RHW should have sidewalks then? For more in general missing sidewalks: I have no idea, but I don't think this is the right topic.

Tarkus

The RHW shouldn't have sidewalks.  There's a few newer items where NAM 32 doesn't have wealth textures in place, causing sidewalks to appear, but those aren't intended, and NAM 33 is designed to eliminate those situations.

-Alex

c0rnh0li0

Sorry. My streets & avenues don't have sidewalks

mgb204

Do your roads and One-Way roads have sidewalks? The sidewalks are not baked-in to the bulk of the network textures, they simply take the remaining space that is left transparent in the texture, so the sidewalks themselves are nothing to do with the NAM. Since no NAM components change these textures in such a way, either something is very wrong with your game or more likely some erroneous mod that you've installed is making this happen.