• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 32 (Full Release) Now Available

Started by Tarkus, January 14, 2014, 10:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Some screenshots would help identifying the issue ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Wodong

Quote from: MandelSoft on January 20, 2014, 12:58:17 AM
Some screenshots would help identifying the issue ;)

Yeah, that was my bad.  Here's an image showing what I mean regarding using Dedgren's rail texture mod (at least I think it's him, not SFBT) and then trying to place FLUPS road under rail underpass.  As I said, I don't know if it's not something that's implemented, or if it's operator error.  (Actually it would probably be easier if it WERE operator error!  :P )

https://app.box.com/s/rv6nxxg7go21bk0mnft3

Not 100% sure if the image will show without having to click the hotlink.  Box.net is kind of screwed up, and I don't know that I've ever gotten my Flickr account to work right either.  :-[

APSMS

That's actually the RRW mod, which isn't a retexture at all (strictly speaking, it's a reworking of the entire rail network).

I think those underpasses/FLUPs are unsupported at the moment, though they will probably be fixed by the next NAM. Best bet is to wait until more features are implemented/completed.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

the7train

Thanks NAM team can't wait to try it out! One thing I noticed is the documentation is from NAM 31.  Can you make the NAM 32 documentation available for download? THanks!

Wodong

Quote from: APSMS on January 21, 2014, 11:18:35 PM
That's actually the RRW mod, which isn't a retexture at all (strictly speaking, it's a reworking of the entire rail network).

I think those underpasses/FLUPs are unsupported at the moment, though they will probably be fixed by the next NAM. Best bet is to wait until more features are implemented/completed.

(After I tried to quote the wrong post and failed several times, ahem  ::) )  Well there I go, then!  At least I know I didn't futz up trying to install things too badly!  I ended up reinstalling NAM32 with SFBT textures, for some reason I was getting issues with train tracks not matching up quite right when trying to use NAM without RRW and dedgren textures (my second install attempt).  I'm not completely sure that it wasn't operator error or a hiccup with something while I was trying to install.  I don't have any pics of that, didn't think of it and already reinstalled NAM32 a third time to get uniform tracks.  Oops.  Anyway it was only noticeable when using FARR and wide curve plops, and custom train stations; the ortho and diagonal tracks were lighter colored at until zoom 5.  Wasn't sure if I should reply just to say "thank you" for letting me know RRW was still in-progress but felt guilty and like an ingrate just letting it go without saying anything.

v32 just came out and already I'm looking forward to an update with RRW fully operational!  Would that be what they call a "cliffhanger"?   ;D   I shall bide my time and try to get proficient with the RHW on/off ramps until then.

TEG24601

Quote from: TEG24601 on January 19, 2014, 02:14:37 PM
Quote from: MandelSoft on January 18, 2014, 03:08:08 PM
Why not? If it's a bug, we'd certainly like to know...

Well, I went through all of the troubleshooting I could.  With the RHW core file installed, the game freezes.  With it out, it loads.  Of course, nothing works with the NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat loaded either (unless paused), and hasn't since NAM 30.

I finally had the time to go over the entire installation and found that the High Speed Rail Stations appear to be the source of the issues in the z__NAM folder.  I pulled that out, and everything seems to be working great.

TEG

itsacoaster

Hey guys, just got a chance to play with the new NAM.  Pretty great stuff.  Love the new roundabouts.  Lots of neat stuff.

I have some questions about the limitations of the draggable road/avenue viaducts.  It seems that the only kinds of intersections that are supported are RDxMIS, AVExMIS, and RDxRD.  Are there any others that I've missed?

It looks like I can plop puzzle pieces right in the middle if I need to make anything wild so it's not a big deal, I was just wondering.  It's already a huge increase in convenience.

Tarkus

I believe that's it as far as elevated at-grade intersections right now.  I seem to recall that a couple more might be supported at L1, but not L2.  That's something we'll add to in future NAM releases.

-Alex

loico84

Hello guy, I have NAM (v32) and I have found a problem with only these two rail bridges:

Sorry, if it's wrong section

MandelSoft

These rail bridges are meant to connect with rail viaducts, hence why they are raised by 15m. There are also normal variants of these bridges.

So no, this is not a bug, but actually a feature
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

loico84

Quote from: MandelSoft on February 18, 2014, 12:29:55 PM
These rail bridges are meant to connect with rail viaducts, hence why they are raised by 15m. There are also normal variants of these bridges.

So no, this is not a bug, but actually a feature

ok, sorry for my stupid question  :'(, You are right. I have find the normal variants.

Thanks

jackmaundrell

I have a question regarding the widening mod. I can't seem to get it to work. I had 31.2 and it was fine. There was starter pieces for the roads to make it a 6 lane ave. but I can't figure out how to do it in 32. The only 6 lane pieces I see is for the highway and not the roads or ave. The widening mod folder is in the NAM plug-ins yet I don't see where to use it. Much appreciation and I love everything else about 32, Thanks.

APSMS

Have you checked in the roads menu? All highway options are under the freeway menu where Maxis Hwy resides, with the exception of RDxRHW overpass pieces. The NWM should be located towards the bottom of the Roads menu.

Priyon

Good job, NAM team. Congratulations for creating another splendid release of what is probably one of the most remarkable mods on earth. :thumbsup: &apls

But I think I have got a problem. Everything was fine in the previous version, and this one also seems to be (luckily) working perfectly with all of my other plugins.

But for some reason, all the zebra-crossings from normal roads have disappeared.

I suspect I might've made some wrong selection during installation (I always do custom installation for NAM), but is there a way to fix it? It looks awkward in my densely-built city districts.

What would happen if I reinstall NAM right on the previous installation with different settings, would it work? Just wondering.

Thankfully I had created a full backup of my SC4 folder in Documents, so I can revert to the previous version if any problem appears, and try again. ()stsfd()

droric

Quote from: Priyon on April 03, 2014, 01:41:21 PM
What would happen if I reinstall NAM right on the previous installation with different settings, would it work? Just wondering.

You can reinstall the NAM over the top of the existing NAM installations without issues.  The NAM installer will first remove any components it needs to then update the installation.  I am unsure about the zebra crossings perhaps you could show a screenshot if you have one?

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Priyon

Quote from: droric on April 03, 2014, 02:31:37 PM
Quote from: Priyon on April 03, 2014, 01:41:21 PM

You can reinstall the NAM over the top of the existing NAM installations without issues.  The NAM installer will first remove any components it needs to then update the installation.  I am unsure about the zebra crossings perhaps you could show a screenshot if you have one?

Thanks for replying. Is it possible to reinstall NAM 32 over the same version, i.e. over the NAM 32 install I did not a long time ago, just with different settings this time? Having modding experience from a whole lot of other games, I bet it is going to create a lot of problems.

Also, here is the picture of the issue:

(Sorry for the traffic signals blocking the view, it's another plugin.)

And here is how it looked in previous version, as you can see the zebra-crossings are still there:

The same problem is present with one-way road intersections.

Everything else seems to be working fine, zebra crossings are present on every other network intersection, and that includes normal road/one-way road intersections with other types of networks.

And for some reason, the installer replaced the railway track texture even though I had selected another one. But oh well, the new one looks fine everywhere except for railway crossings in FAR pieces.

I apologize for putting this in the wrong thread. Didn't notice earlier that there was a dedicated thread for the issues. Moderators can shift this discussion there if they wish. &ops

APSMS

Previous installations include all installations, prior version or current. So feel free to run the installer over again. Remember that uninstalling the NAM is generally very simple (just remove the folders from your plugins), so at the very worst you could just delete the existing files and then reinstall.

You installed the NAM alternate texture mod. Most users prefer this (not sure if it's default), but try a custom install and just make sure that any texture options are off.

Also, which rail textures did it install? By default if you install the RAM or related components at least some rail texture overrides are in order so that the NAM pieces match the Maxis default. (I'll sneak a RRW promo in here as well; combine it with Rivit's RUM for RRW and it works almost flawlessly! It's still not for everyone, but I'd say it's worth a shot).

Priyon

Quote from: APSMS on April 03, 2014, 04:05:20 PM
Previous installations include all installations, prior version or current. So feel free to run the installer over again. Remember that uninstalling the NAM is generally very simple (just remove the folders from your plugins), so at the very worst you could just delete the existing files and then reinstall.

You installed the NAM alternate texture mod. Most users prefer this (not sure if it's default), but try a custom install and just make sure that any texture options are off.

Also, which rail textures did it install? By default if you install the RAM or related components at least some rail texture overrides are in order so that the NAM pieces match the Maxis default. (I'll sneak a RRW promo in here as well; combine it with Rivit's RUM for RRW and it works almost flawlessly! It's still not for everyone, but I'd say it's worth a shot).

Thank you very much. I did a custom install, and now the roads are back to normal (or say, the old heavily-modified Japanese theme roads). ;D

The problem was that, for some reason, every single option got selected in the installer. And that is where the road textures got replaced.

I don't exactly know what texture pack I installed, but it seemed like RRW. Fine quality realistic-looking railway. It seems like RRW was put on hold, probably didn't get updated for fractional angle roads, hence the FAR crossing still uses vanilla/SFBT textures.

Or it might be a simple problem only with my game, because it seems to work fine everywhere else.

Jataro

Quote from: jgehrts on January 15, 2014, 10:27:36 AM
Just to make sure I'm not losing my mind... the image on the left side of the installer window says Network Addon Mod PRE-RELEASE when I installed it. Anybody else have that, or is the issue the guy I see in the mirror?

I can't believe no one has replied yet! I'm having the same issue, and it's making me think I'm taking crazy pills because everything I can find (even the official LEX page!) says the Full Release it out!
On top of that, a lot of the features advertised (Draggable El Rail over Ave/RD4, RRW) aren't in the menus when I load SC4.... does anyone know what's going on?

compdude787

Quote from: Jataro on September 07, 2014, 04:40:14 PM
Quote from: jgehrts on January 15, 2014, 10:27:36 AM
Just to make sure I'm not losing my mind... the image on the left side of the installer window says Network Addon Mod PRE-RELEASE when I installed it. Anybody else have that, or is the issue the guy I see in the mirror?

I can't believe no one has replied yet! I'm having the same issue, and it's making me think I'm taking crazy pills because everything I can find (even the official LEX page!) says the Full Release it out!
On top of that, a lot of the features advertised (Draggable El Rail over Ave/RD4, RRW) aren't in the menus when I load SC4.... does anyone know what's going on?

I guess that the reason it says "NAM 32 Pre-release" in the installer is because someone forgot to change that. ;)

And for the features that you're asking about, you can run the NAM installer again, select "custom install" and choose exactly what you want to install. You can run the installer even with the NAM installed already, and it will overwrite your previous installation.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel