• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

possible? a subway with RCI jobs

Started by mightygoose, January 19, 2007, 05:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

high i am trying to create a ploppable lot that functions as a subway station and still has commercial jobs, is this possible and if so how would i go about it...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

deadwoods

You will need to set the Capacity Satisfied property and Purpose property. Have a look at SimGoober's articles at ST, I seem to remember he talked about this in one of his tutorials.
David, aka deadwoods

mightygoose

ok i looked at the simgoober tutorial and it seemed that if my knowledge of the subject was better i would be able to figure something out but it isnt. i know its possible definitely now because Rubik3 did it on his original 1 and 2 world trade centre. see my school of thought would be to start with a subway lot expand the lotsize and then just give it a capacity satisfied. but then it leads me to a custom query. something i definately know nothing about.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

sam

Quote from: mightygoose on January 21, 2007, 07:17:54 AM
ok i looked at the simgoober tutorial and it seemed that if my knowledge of the subject was better i would be able to figure something out but it isnt. i know its possible definitely now because Rubik3 did it on his original 1 and 2 world trade centre. see my school of thought would be to start with a subway lot expand the lotsize and then just give it a capacity satisfied...

Yes I think you would definitely find it easier to start with a subway lot, as most of the functions you want would already be in place.

Quote from: mightygoose on January 21, 2007, 07:17:54 AM
but then it leads me to a custom query. something i definately know nothing about.

Yes you would need to make one if you wanted the query to show the jobs you added. Daeley has a nice tutorial on the LEX explaining how to make custom queries. Its not all that hard to do. But you do need to be very careful when creating it, and test it thoroughly.

RippleJet

Quote from: sam on January 25, 2007, 04:11:08 AM
Yes I think you would definitely find it easier to start with a subway lot, as most of the functions you want would already be in place.

Actually I would prefer starting from the commercial building. I have added subways stations to a lot of ploppable NDEX towers, both CO and CS ones. Actually I've made them into rewards triggered by the size of your subway network.

The properties I've added are:

OccupantGroups
Needs to include Building:Transportation, Building: Subway and Building: Strikable Transit

Transit Switch Point
At least Outside-to-Inside,Walk,Ride Subway and Inside-to-Outside,Ride Subway,Walk

Transit Switch Entry Cost

Transit Switch Traffic Capacity

If you want to include a monthly cost for the station, that is possible too by adding all four Budget Item properties. Even if you do that, you will still be receiving tax revenues from the commercial part of the building.

The subway tile will appear in the middle of the lot. If the lot width/height is an even number of tiles, the subway station will appear in the northwest corner of the middle of the lot.

I have also noticed that the "Inside" of a large subway lot includes not just the subway tile, but all of the lot. Thus you will be able to pull in several subway lines into that station.

Finally, you probably want to edit the Item Description to include stats about the subway station. For the NDEX towers I made I've also modded the Custom Queries to include all stats for the subway station and I've even added a custom Query Sound, where both the sound of an office and the subway station is heard.

mightygoose, if you're still having problems adding the subway station, send me a PM and I'll see how I could help you. You could also send you lot to me and I'll add it for you.