• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golhbul

&apls Sublime.... Very nice.... I can't wait the upload.... :)

The extenders are provided?

belfastsocrates

Oh excellent! Very nice indeed.

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

vester

Was hoping you could do some tracks for the Lygten Station:

(STR at the platforms.)

Not sure how many tiles long the transition should be.

Nice work on the pipes.
Maybe use Multisub materials, using one sub material for the roof of the pumping station and one for the edge of the roof.

What program are you using, gmax or max ?

Jack_wilds

Simmer2

Thanks guys! I'm currently working on 3 more additions :thumbsup:

@Vester Here are two pngs for you.
With number 1 you only need to create a crossover just outside the station by just using the NAM RRW.
Number 2 is your actual design.
Save as and cut.

I'm using good 'ol Gmax and the issue your keen eyes have noticed is due to pulling polygons on a mapped surface.
Isolated the offending polygons and textured them separately but they lose the map coords, therefore I have to switch to X,Y,Z texture mode.
I may create a veneer with its own map coords and texture it separately.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

omgitskosc

Those pipes are phenomenal! Looking like a great way to recreate some abandoned industrial plants.

Vizoria

Krasner

The pipe set looks wonderful ! It's really needed.  ;D
But, if I had to criticize it, I would say that the red/white texture you applied on the metallic structures of the overhanging pieces looks weird. It's too "loud" for some reason in my opinion, it seems to be glittering like neons.
ANARCHIST !!

Simmer2

Thanks again everyone!

@maharadjahdesaboum Regarding the color scheme for the crossover bridges, they are rusty white and they show quite well on my screen.

Major update...in the pump, out the pump, through the valve, across the river,  up the hill, down the hill....heck I lost count on how many new pieces I made. I also revamped the pump houses. And yes those are 15m transitions. Many pieces are not even shown but I will re-list them all and post pics.
So, fasten your seat belt and please make sure your table is in the upright position.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Golhbul

&apls
The pipe adapt to the terrain? It's just a job titan .... Highly upload

schokoladeneis 1

Can't wait!   :thumbsup:
But the support pillars on the 15m transition pieces would look better if they were vertical instead of diagonal (45°). I think.
At first I thought the rusty parts are too bright and saturated, too. Well, now you showed us the pipes in a real sc4 eviroment and it looks pretty good.

dyoungyn

Now that is something that is original and very creative.  Taking Oil/gas pipes to whole new level. Great job!

_Michael

Looking very good! I'm sure I'll find use for them!

Tyberius06

Wow!
I mean woooww!  &apls &apls &apls :popcorn:
Is this still SimCity 4???

Very nice! :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mgb204

Great work on the pipes, looks like you've covered all the bases in terms of pieces too.  :thumbsup:

I wonder if you'd consider making a few longer bridge pieces though? I prefer to make embankments into the water, rather than sheer slopes and the one you show is a little restrictive. Considering the height is good for decent sized shipping too, it would be nice to have clearance (width) in the water for them to pass under too.

vester

I really don't like the roof texture on the pumping station, it is just of.

Maybe add a tar roof.

Easy way to do this, is to place a rectangle with a extrude modifier on top (maybe with the settings as low as h=0.001)

Also don't use a pure white materials as you have done on the pipes (beside the rust).
More details will stand out if a light grey instead.

For a white material I use this texture, which I mix with a black (as a composite material)

If I am going for a more dirty material, I could use these one:

As you can see they are both rework of the same base texture.

Another reworking into a black paint:

dyoungyn

I don't know, the roofs look like they are made of tar and gravel and is not taken care of or rather dilapidated which in my opinion fits beautifully in industrial.

Mandarin(a)

Wow, those pipes really look wonderful!  :thumbsup:

feyss

That will fit perfectly in my harbour area.

Awesome work  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

These pipelines are bloody marvellous!

&hlp &hlp &hlp