• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 34!

The downtown area of Bahía Roja is looking very nice, emilin! Wonderful update! :thumbsup:

kimcar

&apls Nice update  my friend. Very colored and look warm for get vacation over there. Keep going. :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Whew! What can I say? As usual, your work is incredible, my friend! And it's great to see a port in Bahía Roja! Can't wait to see more!

rooker1

Great update.  My favourites pics are the first two.  The overall island and than the corner showing the tree line before the mountains.  All are great pics though.  The city looks very nice.

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Berethor

Wonderful spanish-styled city. I like a lot the small port and the downtown
keep up the good work!  &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

Heblem

Excellent update! keep it up  :thumbsup: &apls

Yoman

I too am going to assume the surrounding areas are not yet finished. A very great update all around though, I look forward to seeing the rest of the area.

figui

first time comenting here.
nice looking city. wonderful overview and excellent pics of the downtown.
i like your work :thumbsup:
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Pat

Hey emilin a great update here and i love that Shoreline wow

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

urban

your region views are just stunning and you collected some very interesting bats and
(even more important) you know how to use them :thumbsup:

edit:  ;D my 200th post, where else should I post it, if not here in this fantastic MD!

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

NikNik

I am glad to see your updates again Emil, I hope RL is slowing a bit down.

Wow that Bahía Roja update is impressive. Great that cruiseship terminal, can you zoom in on that one, I just wonder how you made it.
You highlight the major features of the town; hospital, school and churches ;)
I wonder what building it is on the last picture, the one with the reddish Philips Logo on it (I am working at a former Philips company in RL). That basillica must be dedicated to St. Nicolaas the Patron Saint of shippers (who's name is somehow related to mine  ()stsfd() ) is it?

Great work. It is very tempting to keep on looking at it as you have so much variety in this update very, very well done  &apls

Nik-Nik

nova vesfalo

really nice harbour side town ! (love the church on the sea banks - btw the curved grass lot is your or is it available somewhere on internet ?) , the realtion between the ferry terminal , the seaport and the old town with some modern buildings is really nice !

sebes

I missed a great update again - the walls, seaside park and church look gorgeous.

And the waterheights - that is natural in autumn, due all storms... don't worry, it will get lower...  %wrd Wont 't it ?  Will Bahía Roja be the first victim of raising sealevels?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

emilin

Just keeping on top of my replies here, folks... an update is planned for the weekend, but I can't really be 100% about that just yet. Might just aswell be early next week. It's in the pipeline, none the less...

Personal replies:

iamgoingtoeatyou: Thank YOU for such a nice comment!

kwakelaar: Thanks! I did consider the area finished when I posted the update, but after reading your comment (aswell as Yoman's) I took another look and I figured you are probably right. I think that what is lacking is low wealth suburbs, so I will try to develop the area around the westbound route out of Bahá Roja a bit more.

bat: Thank you so much!

kimcar: Thanks!

thundercrack83: Thank you! I will try to post another update as soon as possible.

rooker1: Thanks! The island has a very nice topography. I'm not sure but I think it's actually handterraformed to a large degree, but all credit for that goes to Heblem who produced the map. :thumbsup:

Berethor: Thanks! More pictures of the small port is coming up in the next real update, by the way.

Heblem: Thanks a lot!

Yoman: Thank you! For my respons to your question look at the above answer to kwakelaar.

figui: Thank you and welcome to Islas Gemas! Hope to see you around again!

patfirefghtr: Thanks!

urban: Thank you! That is quite an honour for me with the 200th post too. ;D

NikNik: Thanks! I will try to produce a closeup of the cruise ship terminal for the next update, but it's really nothing fancy - basically just a BAT by SOMY surrounded by Marrast walls. The in the last picture house is called Madrid Apartements and can be found STEX (I would provide a link, but ST seems to be down at the moment). And I am sure you are right about the basilica... ;D

nova vesfalo: Thank you! The grassy features outside the basilica is just a patchwork of old Marrast parks. I think they can be found both on STEX and here on the LEX.

sebes: Hehe... thanks! The citizens of Bahía Roja just got a lot more involved in issues concerning the climate changes. Al Gore is already booked for a lecture at the local college. :D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

I'll definitely be looking forward to the next update, as always! Whenever it is! Until then, my friend!

figui

i will be around. take it for sure  ;)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Yoman

Take your time, I'd much rather prefer to see another stunning update from you as opposed to not stunning rushed :) I have full confidence it will be worth the wait.

emilin

Thundercrack, figui and Yoman: thank you for your comments!

Bahía Roja – second visit

This update features the second visit to Bahía Roja on the island Rubí. As you can see from the first region shot I have added more suburbs to the west of the city center, mainly low wealth. I hope this makes the transitions look a little smoother.

The main feature of the update is the harbour, including a close-up of the cruise port as asked for. Towards the end of the post is a park with a palace (a SimGoober BAT) that I thought would look good there. I have yet to decide the purpose of this building, and any suggestions are welcome as to what it actually is. It's a rather odd building in this environment (with the strange "ottomanish" dome on top), so it can't be a governmental building. Other than that I'm open to any ideas?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

WoW awesome update here Emilin!!!! i love the car haulers where did you get them?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Schulmanator

An impressive industrial area. You continue to impress  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0