• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Personal replies:

Schulmanator: Thanks! Let's hope for it at least.

thundercrack83: Thank you, and not a small part of those comments are from you, my friend, hehe... ;D

patfirefghtr: Thanks! Yeah, I noticed that too, but a bit too late, actually. I would have reloted it, but for some reason it doesn't look wrong from other angles. ???

Shadow Assassin: Thank you so much!

NikNik: Thanks! That picture looks exactly like I thought it would look inside the club too. :thumbsup:

Strechnitz: Thanks a lot!

bat: Thank you, as always, bat!

rooker1: Thank you!

threeswept: Thanks! I like the older BAT:s a lot myself. Some of them may have some technical issues, but it looks much more original with them.

Badsim: Thank you and welcome back! I'm glad you liked Cecric el Malo (and that you understood the implications, hehe... :satisfied:).

nova vesfalo: Thank you so much! I'm really glad to hear that you think I have a "coherent urban style" since there are so many different BAT:s in there (for instance the "Finish rowhouses" that I use for midrises, hehe...) and it's hard to fit them all together.

kimcar: Thank you, kimcar!

Yoman: Hehe... thanks! I do think there is a small spieces of crab lurking the muddy sea floor of the Habelurgian Strait, known as Crustae Emilianus, but it has yet to be scientificly proven. ;D

Río Paraíso

Just a small number of pictures this time. One of the new features of Playa del Paraíso is a river that comes down all the way from the mountain Trueno. It streches over two city tiles, so this update will only feature the part of the river that is located in the PdP tile.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Very beautiful looking pictures, emilin! Wonderful work on the river! :thumbsup:

kimcar

&apls Very impressive work on this river. Super pics. :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

A very beautiful river I like the way it is ending in the ocean cutting through the beach with all the underwater growth.

Pat

Emilin ummm i dont know what i can say but dang you are good!!!!  :thumbsup: that stream is defintly wicked cool

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

FromTheAshes

Sweeeeeet river :thumbsup: Very realistic nature there.
Visit Vorsfelde.

thundercrack83

The Río Paraíso looks amazing, emilin! I love the bridge you've made to cross it with the puzzle pieces--very clever! I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

Thundercry

Very nice! &apls

Are those custom beaches?

Schulmanator

I love the terrain and the details you put in the landscape. Superb.  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Berethor

The river looks great, also the bridge looks very realistic.
great work as always Emilin   &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

NikNik

Great 'small' update Emil.

I like that river and it is very realistic until it hits the beach. It looks like a very rapid river but at the beach it has quite down dramatically. This is only possible if you have some sort of lake just before the beach or the opening to the beach is very wide. Anyhow, just my thoughts.

Have I ever asked before where those reddish highrises can be found? If yes, sorry I missed it, if no: Where can they be found?

Enjoy life.

Nik-Nik

emilin

Personal replies:

bat: Thank you so much!

kimcar: Thanks!

kwakelaar: Thank you! I like working with underwater flora a lot, so I'm glad it was appriciated.

patfirefghtr: Hehe... thanks! You are much too kind.

FromTheAshes: Thank you!

thundercrack83: Thanks! I'm glad you noticed the bridge.

Thundercry: Thanks! Yes, those are custom beaches. I edited them from the "beaches for irregulare coastlines" available on STEX.

Schulmanator: Thank you!

Berethor: Thanks a bunch!

NikNik: Thanks! You raise a valid point about the "speed" of the streem when it hits the ingame water. Sadly there is not enough space to solve the issue by making a lake, but if dedgren solves the problem with ploppable streams in ingame water I could probably sue that to solve it. And about the red houses: I'm not sure what they are, actually. I will have to get back to you on that one. ;D

Los Olivos and the southeastern coast of Zafiro

This will be a sort of roundup-update. In the region shot I have marked out all the places that we will visit in light blue. The places marked in white have already been featured in earlier updates. We are still touring the southcoast of Zafiro with all of its' tourist attractions and resorts, but after this update I will give that area some time of rest (frankly I'm a bit bored with building hotels right now ;D) and focus on some other places for a while.

Let's start with some of the farmlands surrounding Playa del Paraíso and the villages of Trevejos and Vilaflor:

And now, Las Galetas - a small resort town closely connected to PdP:

Los Olivos is a medium sized resort town with a more family oriented profile:

Buenavista is mostly timeshares and no hotels. Most of the people renting these houses are retired and looking for a peaceful vacation:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

It really is a great day when we get a new update from you.  Another fabulous update.  I love your choice of residential homes, they fit together so well.  But instead of using the avenue, why don't you use RHW?  Just a thought.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Wonderful new update, emilin! Great work on that city (/town)! Also a great overview of that part! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Splendid update, as usual, emilin! Your farms are fabulous, and I love the that waterfront building! Excellent job, my friend!

flame1396

Love the timeshares. You find some interesting BATs.

Those tilted buildings are great.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

NikNik

Great work Emil.
My first thoughts were, hey those appartments could be time shares, guess what you also thought that: "Buenavista is mostly timeshares and no hotels. Most of the people renting these houses are retired and looking for a peaceful vacation".&apls

Great stuff, the farms look also great.

Nik-Nik

Pat

emilin wonderful update and biiiiig one at that!! great job here and i look foward to seeing more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

urban

The River Paraiso is one of my favorite rivers on Sim City ever :thumbsup:

Wich flora mod are you using on the banks?

And the villages of Trevejos and Vilaflor are so great to. This peaceful feeling, wich reminds me of Mallorca or Sardinia :thumbsup:

your dAVid

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Heblem

really nice lovely towns and colonies!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls