• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Hmmmm... I had started to prepare an update, but my photobucket account seem to have some login problems right now, so it'll have to wait untill tomorrow night.

Here's a quick teaser that I uploaded to imageshack instead:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

Emilin that is just sweeeeeeeet i cant wait to see the full update...  - pat &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

HabLeUrG

wow  :shocked2: thats a nice job, like thet suburbs looks soo realistic  :thumbsup: &apls

thundercrack83

Great teaser, emilin! Can't wait to see the full update!

kwakelaar

Yoman

I too want more! You've convinced me to make my own lots for FF's buildings!

Strechnitz

OOH, that thos look intriguing.

I look forward to your next update.

Strech.

emilin

Personal replies:

Badsim: Thank you.

thundercrack83: Thanks! I used to be a real hardcore Springsteen fan myself. I still like him a lot, but I have sort of mixed him up with some other music by now. But I still remember being 13 years old and sitting on a hill top outside the Ullevi arena in 1985 when he did the Born in the USA tour listning to the concert and wishing I could have afford a ticket. After he played that arena they had to repair the concrete foundations because the people inside litterarily danced so hard they were cracking it up.

dedgren: Thank you for giving me the honour of being "special interest" this month.

iamgoingtoeatyou: Thanks! And don't worry. Nobody in Islas Gemas takes city officials seriously anyway.

Yoder7652: Thank you.

patfirefghtr: Thanks a lot.

Strechnitz: Thanks!

bat: Thank you, as always!

Air6: Thanks a lot! I really appriciate the work your doing on Desert Ofala by the way.

sebes: Thanks!

HabLeUrG: Thank you H. I hope to see those houses on the LEX soon. The would be perfect for the Santiago suburbs.

kimcar: Thank you!

nova vesfalo: Thanks! And right back at you, by the way. I should comment more in your MD, I know, but I lurk in it almost daily, hehe..

Yoman: Hehe... nice to see you around Yoman. And I'm happy you like what you are seeing.

kwakelaar: Thanks! More coming right up.

Further development of Santiago

Photobucket is still bugging me, but after hours of uploading the pictures one by one I managed to get them all online. I had planned some presentations of what the functions of the buildings are, but I'm to tired to do that right now. So this update is basically just a bunch of random pictures from different areas of Santiago that are more or less developed by now. Changes will come, and I still have about half the city to go, but it's developing much faster right now.

Anyways...

BlackwaterEmil's inn

bat

That's a beautiful island! Great region shot! Also wonderful pictures and work :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

thundercrack83: Thanks! I used to be a real hardcore Springsteen fan myself. I still like him a lot, but I have sort of mixed him up with some other music by now. But I still remember being 13 years old and sitting on a hill top outside the Ullevi arena in 1985 when he did the Born in the USA tour listning to the concert and wishing I could have afford a ticket. After he played that arena they had to repair the concrete foundations because the people inside litterarily danced so hard they were cracking it up.

WOW! That is crazy! I've been to over 20 of his shows since the 1999 Reunion Tour, and they're definitely a sight to see! Anyway...

This latest update is fantastic! Santiago is looking better and better with each update. I love the pedestrian walkways next to the street in the picture with the roundabout and the picture of the movie theatre and the diagonal parks may be my favorite one yet! Keep up the good work, my friend!

Yoman

Looking...scroll back to the top and look again, thats a pattern I've repeated 3 times looking at this update, I really like images 10-17, thats just because I'm studying your w2w lots to make sure I do a good job on mine ;)

I'm not to convinced about the use of those Athens apartments, too oversized for me. Those last 2 images are nice also though, and the use of Jeronij's canals is just awesome, I'd like to see the area where the city meets the port area again. In close detail this time.

emilin

Quote from: Yoman on May 08, 2007, 04:37:36 PM
I'm not to convinced about the use of those Athens apartments, too oversized for me. Those last 2 images are nice also though, and the use of Jeronij's canals is just awesome, I'd like to see the area where the city meets the port area again. In close detail this time.

Here's a big patchwork of the transition area for you.

And I agree about the apartments. They are oversized. I have chosen some less than perfect BAT:s for their originality. Most european style buildings out their look to "french" for Islas Gemas. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn

sebes

Emilin thanks for this great update again. It's a pleasure lookingat the "spano/venetian" style in your city. The athens apartments are indeed too oversized, though in lat-but-one picture they look matching from the side..
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jeronij

emilin, You are showing some really nice and pleasant to the eye pictures  :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your magnificent work with us all  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

kwakelaar

Love the harbour patchwork, very interesting to look at and some great work you have layed down in the details around that area.
The w2w area are looking very good as well, I also notice you have added buildings to the inside of  the cityblocks, that is making it look a lot more real.

A great update :thumbsup:

Badsim

Hi emilin ,

I agree with all has been said before me ... I love your work on these residential blocks . I don't have this set of houses but just having a look , I can feel how It must be more difficult to work on them than parisian blocks . So , I applaud your effort  .  &apls
I remember to have loved these Athens apartments too when they came out ...  ::)
My favorite close view is the one with the roundabout , diagonal canal & park , and  pedestrians tiles ... :thumbsup:
On the fist picture ( superb ) the landscape with the curved road going to Santiago looks awesome ... I would like to see closer views on this part ... ::) 

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Zaphod

its so colorful!

i love the terrian
War Kittens !?

nova vesfalo

Wonderful updates ! The region shot is so incredible ! And your suburbs are stunning ! Maybe the palace lacks of space at the back ...

Yoman

Your right, there aren't enough Spanish looking BATs. Micklebear's while awesome only really suite northern Italy.

That little shot you gave me was more than satisfying, I really like the left most area of the port, but is it just me or is the SOMY ship run aground on the dock :P

Berethor

Great work!
You always surprise me Emilin, all the pictures are real good.  &apls
Beautiful city and wonderful custom lots   :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine