• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Ooooh wow Emilin just stunning update here!!!  I do so agree with Robin that several of those pics could most defintly be a tough contender in the Pic Comp!!!

BTW welcome to page 49!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Hello, my friend!

Sorry for missing the teaser you posted, I was down in Texas for Springsteen concerts over the weekend and just got home today.

I must say that Daught Island is looking absolutely magnificent, too! Of course--as is par for the course here--the terraforming of the island is phenomenal, and the way you've placed the farmlands, it looks stunning, my friend! Simply stunning!

As always, I'll be around to see what's next!

Take care,

Dustin

Shadow Assassin

I must agree - it all looks stunning!

Looks like I've got a lot to catch up on, seeing as I haven't replied for quite a while.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

pvarcoe

I would have to agree with Robin.
Those farming shots are outstanding.
The combination of components like fields, fences, and trails go together so well.
Excellent work!!

panthersimcity4

Holy guacamole, I just went back and saw the Blackwater region, and was like HOLY CRAP...  :o Those are alot of trees - I'd never have the patience to fill up an entire region like that with forests  :P

I love how you have different unique lots. Makes it feel much more realistic.

emilin

Personal replies:

rooker1: Thank you so much! Well, at least there are 20 pics this time around too. Maybe I'll do a couple of closeups and nightshots for the last update from the island - but that will probably not count up to 20 pics in that case. We'll see... ;D

sebes: Thanks! And on that note: I grew up watching that tv-series all the time, and I remember having such a hard time being named Emil at school... with all the kids teasing me about it. A few years later every other kid on the block that was 4-5 years younger than me was named Emil (because of the very same show). I consider myself a pioneer in that sense  :D

metasmurf: Thank you! And yes, I have also come to the conclusion that English lacks a proper word for "fjärd". I'll have to think up something else to solve that issue.

bat: Thank you!

Yoman: Thanks a bunch! And the waterway is now officially named "Perch Strait" and nothing else. I'm not really happy with using Swedish words in an English speaking region, though, but I will find some way around the issue I'm sure.

Pat: Thanks! Turns out you were right - I did manage to win a few rounds, for once.  ;D

thundercrack83: Thanks! I'm glad you mentioned the terraforming too - I really took my time finetuning the coast lines - and I think they turned out pretty good. Also, if you look closely, you will notice that there are almost no flat roads/paths anywhere on the island.

Shadow Assassin: Thank you so much! Good to see you around again, too, you are always most welcome!

pvarcoe: Thank you! And I have to add that I do appriciate it more when coming from yourself. Beside David's work in 3RR - and of course Darmok's Anduin Valley - I spent a whole lot of time looking at the archived Terraforming Teton before I started out on the farm lands. I still think it's a brilliant journal - and your farmlands are second to none. So if you say I did a good job I must have done something right.

panthersimcity4: Thanks so much! And yes, it did take some time to fill the map up. But what is worse is that I find myself redoing the procedure when I do the fin terraforming as I go along. For Daught island I left only about 1/3 of the original trees, the rest are new. :satisfied:

Blackwater: Daught island - second visit

Here we go... the east part of the island:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Hello, emilin!

All I can really say is, "WHOA!"

These are some of the best farms I've ever seen--and that includes the ones I've seen in real life! All the paths and fences meticulously placed, you can see the amount of time you've spent toiling over these farms, and it is definitely worth it, my friend!

You are truly an artist!

Take care,

Dustin

Yoman

Oh its English speaking? I see. These English speaking farmers certainly seem to have a rather dull life :P Raising cows, sitting in shacks, well at least theres a ton of trees. You've captured this feeling very well once again.

Are alot of the islands in the region like this?

Quesh

Very rural, very realistic, very beautiful  &apls

Shadow Assassin

Very nice farms. Everything is well put together, but...

It'd look better with some bushes on side of the road or something... it just looks too empty otherwise. Either that, or the farmers have too much time on their hands. ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jmyers2043

Hello Emilin

Nice looking country side. I enjoyed looking at the pictures.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

Emilin that was by far the most stunning update Ive seen WOW!!! love those farms!!!!

Also Congrats on getting a HOFfer and for your first pic too!!! I cant even pull off one...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Emil......another fabulous update.  Your farm lands are very beautiful and peaceful.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Your farms are looking really fantastic, Emilin! Excellent new update!! Very realistic, too! :thumbsup:

nedalezz

You continue to set standards left and right, and with this update, gotta go back to the drawing board with my farms after what I just saw!

The tree placement is immaculate, the way the roads fold against the farms realistic, and I love your coastline, especially in the frst picture. Very well done!

emilin

Blackwater: Time for a break

I haven't really built much lately, but I have been able to play around with the wonderful new Rural Highway Mod. I was waiting for Shadow Assassin to realeas his set of euro textures before I used the RHW, and I am very, very happy with the results. The pictures that I will show you aren't very much work at all, but they look about 100% more realistic than the ingame highways. I actually doubt that I will ever use anything other than this for highways ever again. So, if you haven't already downloaded the RHW with the Euro textures... DO IT NOW!

But, there is also another issue: frankly I need a break. There is just too much else going on right now. As some of you might know, my work has been very time consuming lately - and now I have another, more joyous distraction on top of that: my wife and I are about to have our first kid.  &dance It's still quite a way to go, but I am having trouble focusing on anything else than that right now.

I guess this update just bought me another 40 days of thinking before I decide wether to put this journal on a longer hiatus or if a short break is enough. We'll just have to see about that. In any case: I will still be around, posting here and there, reading and looking, etc. But I will obviously be much less visible.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Yoman

Congratulations on your child! We'll have to hold another parade in the PSSO  :thumbsup:

Take all the time you need, we'll be here if or when you decide to come back, waiting for another mouthwatering update such as the one you posted. Thats some really great work with the RHW your doing. I personally haven't tried it yet but from what I can see it looks incredible. Though it appears that noone really travels this stretch of highway :P Nothing you can do about that besides traffic gens, which would ruin the look.

Owen

dedgren

Emil- Absolutely amazing rural scenes.  You are thinking of and doing stuff I haven't even dreamed of yet.

IG (I still think of this MD as Islas Gemas- Blackwater makes me think of the Doobie Brothers) is a world-class stunner.  Beginning to end.  If someone asked me for two words of advice about how to learn what it takes to make a great MD, I think you'd know what they'd be.

Huge 'grats to you and your wife on the new addition.  We'll be watching for pics of the new addition to our SC4D family.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

kimcar

&apls &apls Congrats for you and your wife for the future simcity player .  :thumbsup: We understand that ababy and job took a lot of our time , so don`t leave the game but like you said come on to say hi and we will waiting for the news . Great work btw with RHW and take care of you and your family  ;)

aliek

Excellent diary!!! &apls

Once time I saw in a japanese site that underpass (under highway) and I don't know why I didn't download, now i can't find it :(
do you know where can I find it?