• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Everything's very well put together. Good job!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Ennedi

Excellent work!  &apls
It is not easy to create a realistic looking downtown streets, plazas and free spaces between buildings, even if somebody uses LE and puts a lot of props everywhere  :)
But your vision is fantastic for me! The rail station surrounding is one of the most realistic I have ever seen  :thumbsup:
There are a lot of nice details and creative use of some BATs (for example an old but still good Dolphin Landscaping looks perfect on it's place!)

As Shadow Assasin said, everything very well put together. Great job!
(And a big inspiration for me, I'm still before my LE discovery  :D)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Yoman

More excellent LE work here emilin! Those w2w buildings match together perfectly and I like how not all the lots are stacked up one upon the other in wall to wall fashion, but spread out a little.

It looks very well put together and everything seems to match flawlessly.

thundercrack83

These lots look amazing, emilin! Simply amazing! Everything is so meticulously placed, I can only imagine the amount of time you've spent on it!

I will definitely be looking forward to seeing more.

Dustin

Pat

very very good update emilin!!! WOW, loved the train station area...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

panthersimcity4

I love your cities, they're so realistic and have tons of detail.  ;D :thumbsup:

soulstealer

I don't usually comment on MD but your work is absolutely stunning. every picture reflects how much attention you give to the fine details. I like it when the player doesn't rush things (zone huge and forget) but rather progress slowly giving much thought and work to every single tile and that is truly remarkable :thumbsup:

I'm still reading through, going backwards. I'm excited to see what's on the earlier pages.

My favorite part so far are your wetlands pictures on page 41. Excellent landscaping there!

I like this small pond so much! For a moment there I forgot this is simcity.

What are those green rocks and the small shrubs? first time I see them.

Thank you for sharing all of this with us.

kimcar

&apls &apls Beautiful lots that you have done. I saw some new props like statue or sculpture i`m not sure . Is it your creation or what ? Looking forward

Quesh

Very beautiful, more realistic  :thumbsup:

emilin

Personal replies:

sebes: Nope. Sorry, that's just some underground pipes, actually.

bat: Thank you very much!

Shadow Assassin: Thanks! I am eagerly awaiting your euro RHW modd by the way... ;D

Ennedi: Thank you so much! How nice of you to notice the Dophin Landscaping building, by the way. It represents a sort of architecture that there are very few BAT:s made from. Glenni has made some nice ones, but that is pretty much it. I really like those rundown 1960s-1980s buildings.

Yoman: Thanks! That was very kind of you.

thundercrack83: Thanks! It does take some time, yes, but for me that is the fun part of this game right now. I am in no hurry to finish anything - and that feels really good.

Pat: Thank you so much, Pat!

panthersimcity4: Thanks a lot!

soulstealer: Thank you and welcome to Blackwater, soulstealer! I really appriciate your comment - since I am also a big admirerer of your work. Some of the stuff you used to post over at Simtropolis have had a substantial impact on how I play this game. I see that you have started a "port journal" now, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. The shrubs are part of jeronij's latest flora set - found here on the LEX.

kimcar: Thanks! Even though I have on occation opened the BAT, I have never really gotten any further than that. I can't even BAT a square box, so you can safely assume that all props are someone elses work.

Quesh, Thank you, and welcome to Blackwater!

Blackwater: Downtown shopping

Ok. With this update we continue to develop the downtown area of Blackwater. This is pretty much the dead center of the city. And since Blackwater is over 1.000 years old and located in northern Europe this is not at all a scyscraper forest. You will spot some really old buildings here and there, but a lot of those have been replaced by modern shopping facilities. I think it is a reasonable assumption that Blackwater was bombed during WW2 which would explain why there are so few old buildings left in this particulare area.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

metasmurf

Antagligen din bästa update nånsin  :thumbsup:

Probably your best update ever  :thumbsup:

bat

Great progress on Blackwater, emilin! Wonderful work on the church-area and around it!

Looking forward to more...

Strechnitz

Hey Emilin,

These last updates on blackwater are stunning!
I have missed a lot since I went absent in Januari.

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

rooker1

I'm going to have to agree with metasmurf.  Best update you have ever done.  I see you are relly digging deep into LE.  Great work, it looks like you are really getting the hang of it.  I can't pick out one thing you should change, it looks perfect.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

The city center's really starting to come together, my friend! I love the backstory behind it, too! I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

Dustin

sebes

Quote from: metasmurf on March 12, 2008, 08:38:11 AM
Antagligen din bästa update nånsin  :thumbsup:

Probably your best update ever  :thumbsup:

I fully agree!! Stunning this is - absolutely gorgeous - I have fallen in love with the lots you made
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Quesh

Thanks for the welcome at Blackwater  ;)
This church surrounded by buildings is Very well done  :thumbsup:

figui

the area is looking really nice :thumbsup:
i really like how the church looks surrounded by those small 5-floor buildings.
looking forward to what's next!

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

krbe

Great to see some proper cities in large scale (i.e. Scandinavian $%Grinno$%). I have to go Stockholm and have some hours free tomorrow--any idea for how to go for the Blackwater experience?

emilin

Quote from: krbe on March 12, 2008, 09:15:40 PM
Great to see some proper cities in large scale (i.e. Scandinavian $%Grinno$%). I have to go Stockholm and have some hours free tomorrow--any idea for how to go for the Blackwater experience?

I guess I'm a bit late to help you out, but I do have a brief history lesson about Stockholm and the curse of bad city planning. ;D

The latest update was the closest to actually recreating a part of the real Stockholm as I have been so far. If you look closely at this picture you can even see the little café in between the two modern buildings:

The church is a beautiful landmark, but well hidden by ugly modern offices so many people don't even notice it. Its' name is "Klara kyrka" (Klara is basically the Swedish version of the name "Claire", but it doesn't refer to a saint or such, but rather to the  old name of this particulare neighbourhood).

Now, you might have noticed that I explained the lack of old buildings in central Blackwater with WW2, which would be reasonable. But, now some of you *cough*americanswatchingseinfeld*cough* basically just know one thing about Sweden: "They're neutral", so why would anyone bomb a neutral country?

Well, nobody did. This is a major difference between Blackwater and the real city.

Stockholm was never bombed during the war it just looks that way...
...due to the miracle of city planner Hjalmar Mehr who decided to "modernize" downtown Stockholm by turning this:

into this:

ending up with this:

So, to get the Blackwater feeling when you go to Stockholm, imagine that there is actually a reasonable explanation for destroying large portions of the historic city centre, rather than a 1950s mayor with that had a bad morning. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine