• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nova vesfalo

wow WOW!!

Love this updates, you're truely a Craqueur ! Love this lil'town , the Somy's port and Mikebear mediterean buildings fit well to create that "latin american" feeling !

and the country side with shantytown :| wowing (btw where did you find them ? )

kimcar

&apls &apls Amazing region pic my friend. :thumbsup: Love what i saw with this little town. Great work.

sebes

Lovely update Emilin, it's a pleasure to look at those houses and paths in the scenic areas!  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

thundercrack83

Hello, there, emilin!

Outstanding update, as usual! What struck me the most is something that I've often overlooked in the months that I've been enjoying your work, and that is the terraforming and terrain of the islands themselves. Stunning job! The first picture shows the painstaking detail you put into every part of your work, and it is absolutely fantastic! I'll be looking forward to seeing more, my friend!

SC4BOY

That's quite a marina for that sleepy little town.. :)

nice work tho

tkirch

More great pictures.  It looks great.  I love the way the town is nestle din there it looks just amazing

Badsim

Hi emilin ,

Lobo is perfect and truly beautiful ...  wild slopes this time ( I mean where you could have used conforming walls ... :P:thumbsup:

The dirty road is good making sharp bends  climbing the hill but then , too squared on the top ... that's not annoying on the closest views but it is on the farthest . You should try to cut these angles with diagonals ...   ::) ... these two small (very small !) and poor ( we wonder from what somebody can live here ) villages lost in the forest aren't only excellent : they're a  well thought and convincing addition ...

Great update . :thumbsup: &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

emilin

A few notes

First of all: sorry for not answering your comments personally. That is the second time during the span of the Islas Gemas journal that I have been forced to answer by just saying "thank you so much everyone, for all of your wonderful comments and valuable input!", but I promise not to make a habit of it.

Second: have you ever wondered where all the tourists on these islands come from? Well, the answer to that will come shortly. In about one months time from now I plan for a huge expansion of the scope of this journal that will feature new and quite different environments. I still have 1-2 updates to go before that, but I should be ready with a whole new set of places to show you (still going side by side with the continuation of Islas Gemas, of course) in just about exactly the same time that this journal becomes one year old. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Happy New Year, emilin!

If 2007 is an indication of what 2008 will be like, we're in for a heck of a ride, especially from the sounds of the new ideas you've got in the works for us. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing where you take us, my friend!

Dustin

kimcar

Same things to you . :thumbsup: As for the picture ... wow very well done. &apls

sebes

Fantastic picture Emilin!  Have a good end of the year, and see you back again in 2008!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Shadow Assassin

And a happy new year to you too.

So, you're gonna do a large city, right? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

I wish you also a happy new year!

And that's a wonderful looking picture! Looking forward to the updates in 2008.

Schulmanator

A beautiful mosaic. And I look forward for more to come in 08!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Yoman

Well I figured you'd run out of room to build eventually :) Can't wait, hopefully it will have an even bigger seaport :P

warconstruct

WoW splendid mosaic  &apls &apls

happy new year!
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Ennedi

Beautiful mosaic, Happy new year for you emilin!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

emilin

Personal replies:

thundercrack83: Thank you Dustin! I hope we all go a good year ahead of us.

kimcar: Thank you!

sebes: Thanks a lot!

Shadow Assassin: Thanks! And to answer your question: sort of... it will be a big city eventually, but the main part of the new project is to develop some new skills that I lack at the moment: like modding and more advanced lot editing. But in the end the result will be... a big city, yes.

bat: Thanks!

Schulmanator: Thank you! And I hope to see more of your work aswell.

Yoman: Sorry to dissappoint you, but I think I have already built my biggest seaport. ;D

warconstruct: Thank you so much!

Ennedi: Thank you! Sorry for not commenting in your diary lately, but I am following your work with great interest - and learning tremendously from your skills.

Finishing País Palo

Time has come to finish off the northern peninsula of Zafíro - known as País Palo (bat country). From the region shot you can see that we will be looking at the following towns and villages today: Garachico, Santa Cruz, Píco and Cappo (in that order). I have thrown in a couple of unedited nightshots at the end too.

This will be the last update from the Islas Gemas in a while. The next update (expected in 1-2 weeks) will feature my new project: the City of Blackwater - a Northern European metropolis that is a sort of mix between London, Paris and Scandinavia (on a map very similar to real life Stockholm). I will continue to develop Islas Gemas and jump between the two place in different updates (that are connected in several ways). But, more on that topic in the next update. ;D

Now, on to the pictures:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Air6

There was long time that I didn't comment your work. But you know that I love your MD since the first picture that you've posted. Definitively, Developing Islas Gemas will stay my favourite MD.
Good luck with your next project my friend  ;)

Yoman

Another excellent update of these small coastal towns along the northern section of the island. Its easy to imagine driving along the coastal road and suddenly exploding out of the forest upon these towns with small boats beached on the water. Excellent work!