• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GWL workshop

Started by Gwail, May 18, 2009, 01:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwail

Hi there, folks!

As I'd like to proceed with some different projects, I think it is the best place to show results of my work.

Some of you already know me - especially as a member of AC Team and creator of RMIP-3 vol. 1 project. Beside this I'm gonna to complete some other projects of wide variety - automata, lots, small BATs maybe. I will show the pics made during the progress. As I'm kind of perfectionist, I'll try to provide only the stuff of the highest quality ;).

Any comments and constructive criticism are always warm welcome.

Released so far:

NYC MTA bus - MCI D-4500 / MCI D-4500 CT
Commuter coaches used by MTA New York City Transit. Three models - MCI D-4500, MCI D-4500 CT and a MCI D-4500 with special 9/11 murals.
- STEX download
NYC MTA bus - New Flyer 40 LF
A low floor suburban highway coach used by MTA New York City Transit.
- STEX download
NYC bus stop props
A pack of a MTA NYC bus sign and 8 bus shelter props with different advertisements for use with RTMT serie.
- STEX download

FDNY Engine and Ladder 10
Two fire rigs from the Ten House, New York City.
- STEX download

TTC Toronto bus  pack
Two buses with TTC livery - Orion V and Orion VII, both conventional. Made on the request.
- STEX download

NYC MTA bus - Orion VII
The Orion VII bus with NYC MTA livery. Two propelling versions - CNG and hybrid-electric. Additional an Orion VII HEV bus with The Port Authority of NY & NJ livery.
- STEX download

NYC MTA bus - Orion V
The Orion V bus with NYC MTA livery. Two propelling versions - conventional (diesel) and CNG.
- STEX download

NYPD ESS police truck
A NYPD ESU Radio Emergency Patrol unit. Replaces original police van.
- STEX download

1997 AmTran school bus
The school bus loosely based on 1997 AmTran. Three different liveries and a generic bus, without markings.
- STEX download
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Gwail

Are you sure your children are safe going to school? Aren't you thrilled about their safety? Is their yellow bus reliable enough to get them to school and back home?

Don't take such risk, trust in the experience. Here comes 1997 AmTran Body on International Chassis - Conventional just to cure all your pains. Replace any old bus with our product and you can work every day without troubled thoughts:

It would come as a replacement for the in-game school bus automata and as the prop for Lot Editing.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

io_bg

Looks great, Gwail! I bet the Americans here will love this one!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ryan B.

Whoa, that's awesome, Gwail!  I don't want to 'dump a load' of requests on you (if you even do them), but I was wondering if it's possible to throw some ID on the sides, such as:

LAIDLAW

First Student

Ridge Road Express

Those three are the prominent bus carriers around here, save for the several school districts.

Ennedi

It looks really good Gwail!  :thumbsup:

Now we only need a bit better textures for roads, props, BATs, terrain...  :D
And we will be able to enjoy the next city simulation game  ;)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Gwail

io_bg - thanks, I hope so, too ;).

Ryan B. - as it's only a "cosmetical" change and a bit of messing with the digits, why not. If I only could have a good pic showing the name for reference, plz.

Ennedi - thanks... and I'm starting to worry right now  :o .
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Ryan B.

Gwail:  Ask and you shall receive!

Laidlaw:

First Student:

Ridge Road Express:

All pictures are property of their respected owners.  No infringement is intended.

Of course, if none of these are sufficient - and you'd be willing to send me the base texture - I can make my own and send them over to you.  :)

Thanks very much!

Gwail

Thanks, Ryan. I need pics only for font face reference, these pics are enough. Microgamma for Laidlaw, Southern family for RRE and something similiar to Arial / Swiss for FS (it's called "professional abreviation ;) ). Although FS on this pic isn't any of these (I'm not sure, I don't use such font, but I've found alternative pics with FS name, written with Swiss family font) it looks almost like the hand written technical using a stencil ;). At worst I will copy / paste the name from the pic ;).

Edit:
All right, here we are the bus family:

It's taken from the lot, as it's quite difficult to hunt down every bus on the street, they dissapear so fast... ;).

Now I have to handle with some issues (ugly shadows on the lot and some UDI menu troubles).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

BarbarossaS

Those look absolutely amazing Gwail!  &apls I love HD!  ;D

-Stijn-

Ennedi

Quote from: Gwail on May 21, 2009, 12:22:25 AM
It's taken from the lot, as it's quite difficult to hunt down every bus on the street, they dissapear so fast... ;).

It is possible to change the time after which automata disappear  ;D If you want, I'll look for an apropriate exemplar  :)

Great vehicles!  :thumbsup: I want them!
(I hope there will be more, not only buses... :))

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Gwail

Stijn, glad you like it. And I have to dissapoint you - it's definitely not HD ;). As the game running on software render mode doesn't support s3d textures largen than 256 x 256, I use just 256 x 256.

Adam, I'm not sure, but the automata dissapearing is coded within LUA file, not exemplar. Anyway, I'd like more to know, how to prevent of casting shadows - shadows casted by s3d model prop are strange, ugly and odd (you can see it on the ledt part of picture). Turning off "IsGroundModel" property doesn't work. I've asked Jan about it, I hope he could advice me.

Quote from: Ennedi(I hope there will be more, not only buses... )
So do I. It depends on you, too  $%#Ninj2.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

BarbarossaS

Wow, if that isn't HD, than it sure does look like it. This means that you did one hell of a good job on that texture, my friend!  &apls &apls

-Stijn-

null45

It may not be HD, but it is double the size / detail of the default maxis textures.  ;)

Gwail

Stijn ;).

null45, indeed, I've used a bit tricks on it.

If no one has any more comments and notes, I should find out how can I share it. Jan (Swamper77) has told me a bit about my worries (thanks a lot!), I think I've managed them.

The next project I'd like to show is the New York City MTA recreation project. First of all I'd like to note, that it would be quite long lasting project. It's only a "take-a-break" work away from the primary tasks from AC Team. I'm creating something different when I'm temporary fed up with all these runways, taxiways, layout diagrams and skidmarks ;). "Recreation" is a bit too big word, I'd just like to create some bats / automata that should at least reminds real ones as much as I'm able to do. You will judge it ;). Let's start!

The project is divided into two parts - BATs and automata. BAT's should contain the pack of common mass transit stations - bus stops and subway stations. For automata I'm planning right now to create some models of buses (Adam ;) ).

Stations
My idea is to create a wide range of Mass Transit stations, both roadside and road-top, diagonal and orthogonal, for high-wealth and ghettos. I'll try to diverese them as much as I'll could, using family props. How it would look like? Here we are what have I done till now:

Are you lovin' it, too ;)?

I know that Gshmails has done such stations, but they are too big to fit as roadtops and they aren't diversified at all.
These are my first BAT attempts (not counting plopping helper props for RMIP-3.1). So far I'be made about 15 adverts for bus stops and there is another bus stop shelter on the work bench.

Subway station will have randomly adverts, too, same as the light bulbs. Now I'll have to figure out, why the subway station doesn't appear with nightlights as it's shown in the upper corner (all is rendered, "IsGroundModel" property set to true).

Buses
There is nothing special to show right now. So far I've got only some early pics of my first automata textures (should be rework, both models and textures) - the school bus is third one, if I count well :). Most of this work will be possible thanks to kindness of Olasz, who taught me how to manage s3d model with Reader and agreed to use his work. Thanks a lot, buddy!

Take a look at these MCI D4500 coaches running along Empire State Building:

And here we are a test-driven Mercedes Citaro G, shown before in Olasz' thread:

The buses I'm planning to do are:

• Nova / TMC RTS
  • New Flyer C40
  • New Flyer D60
  • Orion V
  • Orion VII
  • Orion VII NG
  • MCI D4500
  • Mercedes Citaro G
Some of them will come with different propelling versions (CNG / HEV). It's all I've found so far in the internet.

If you have any comments, suggestions, requests, interesting info or picture, don't hesitate! I'll appreciate any help to make it as best as possible.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Ryan B.

Wow!  That's great, Gwail!  Thanks for those - I look forward to using them!

BarbarossaS

They look fantastic indeed! Would you release the BAT models of the bus stops too, so people could change the posters on the side of them?

-Stijn-

Gwail

Stijn, the adverts are separated props, so there will be no problem to publish the source gmax file, I think. There will be some changes, because I've talked with Steve (z) and cogeo to include these stops as props for RTMT series.

For now I don't have any news, it was a quite busy week for me. Instead I've got something different. While searching for various photos, I've found a lovely pic... Here you are the results, I couldn't resist not to make it ;):

It's NYPD Emergency Service Squad Truck, in beta. Based on Jan's (Swamper77) EMS Ambulance s3d model, still needs some modelling work (some details missing) and creating flashing lights.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Pat

OMG WOW Gwail the bus's are out standing and the ESU Truck is amazing!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Gwail

Thanks, Pat! I knew you will like it, especially NYPD ESU ;). You shoud like the pic below, too:

All the details are done (there is only two texts to add - "C-P-R" on the sides and "keep back 200 feet" at the back, I've forgotten about them). Now I've got only to figure, why the textures on the ladder and "grill-guard" have dissapeared. Maybe 1-2 pix width is too little...

Next stage are nightlights / flashing lights.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

SimNation

Great to see someone is doing a NYC transit project. Since I am a New Yorker I would love to have all of my cities have a bunch of the NYC stuff such as subway trains for rail yards and stuff. Your police van is a work of art and I love the bus's and bus station signs. Cant wait to see what kinda stuff you make. The Subway station looks good to btw...maybe a lil dark though