• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sunken Light Rail

Started by miggoycor, November 17, 2009, 04:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Quote from: ps2owner on June 26, 2011, 04:16:56 PM
Ah okay then.
Also, 1x1 pieces and turns would be nice, who every does the sunken GLR now. I heard something about models and stuff, so how hard would that be?
Also, about not being able to turn it into a puzzle peices(the sunken GLR lots) how about making the base texture transparent, putting in the model, and doing the pathing/coding? would that work?

EDIT: You would think converting one of these to a station wouldn't be so hard..... (Grumble)

The Sunken GLR was created by NOB who is no longer active, but give permission for SC4D to release their work on the LEX, but as far as I'm aware SC4D don't have permission to start making major changes to this or any of NOBs other creations, so unless someone starts a new project and creates a new Sunken GLR network I afraid you will have to make do with the existing pieces.

As to 1x1 pieces and turns, etc I have been using the FLUP Pedmall pieces

APR110006 by SC4D_CATTY, on Flickr

as for stations we will be eventually releasing the new RTMT stations once testing is complete

JUN110006 by SC4D_CATTY, on Flickr

Catty
RTMT Team
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

ps2owner

Man, that sucks.
About your sig, DiscWorld?

Diggis

Quote from: ps2owner on June 26, 2011, 04:16:56 PM
Ah okay then.
Also, 1x1 pieces and turns would be nice, who every does the sunken GLR now. I heard something about models and stuff, so how hard would that be?
Also, about not being able to turn it into a puzzle peices(the sunken GLR lots) how about making the base texture transparent, putting in the model, and doing the pathing/coding? would that work?

EDIT: You would think converting one of these to a station wouldn't be so hard..... (Grumble)

Right... on the topic of 1x1 pieces, being TE lots this doesn't work and caused major issues with the pathing.  We tried and failed sorry.

With making these puzzle pieces, the grass will not disappear with these as puzzle pieces meaning you wouldn't see the base of the model, just the tops and green.

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

joshua43214

I just got done fighting with these things, and I thought I'd share my results so that others won't have to fight as hard either. I am sure this is not the only way to use these, but its clean and everything works

Plop as many in a line as you need.

use subway to connect the gray/blue tiles

you can go under roads/avenues/pedmalls/etc with the FLUPS puzzle pieces. Use the "straight route under..." pieces, not the underground light rail.

If you assemble everything this way, the sunken light rail will be fully functional, the automata works, UDI works, querries work.

you can connect to the sunken light rail from an adjacent tile like so

You won't be able to place the RTMT stop next to the FLUP puzzle piece, so you will have to go arround the corner, or use your favorite non-roadtop subway station.

Hope this helps

j-dub

Oh, the lite rail according to the book of Joshua. TY for the heads up. I may not be too familiar with sunken lite rail, but this would be a useful tutorial if I needed to get to it.

Chrisim

There is no need to connect with subway. It works without and will be cheaper to maintain.

ps2owner

Sorry for the bump, but I think this is relevant. I'm trying to create "Train Trenches". These trenches will come in subway converters, transitions to heavy rail, stations, and 3 variations. I know how to make the models, but for the technical side, I'm looking at NOBs sunken GLR. I need to figure out how to path it similar to the sunken GLR, but I need to put in heavy rail paths also, and put it at -10 meters instead of -5. There will be 2,3,4,6, and 8 tile long pieces. It's all 1 tile wide. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Here's some renders of how some of it looks like right now.

I've been looking through the his .DAT file that has the paths, but I'm still unsure how he connects the paths to the lots.