• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help RHW-8 Tunnels

Started by SimSome, April 09, 2012, 07:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimSome

I tried to find the Help thread for RHW but could find it. :-[

I have 2 questions/issues. What is up with the tunnels? (They are RHW-8)

And I've got them both at the same depth right now. I was wondering if they would intersect under or the tunnels do not cross streams.As a follow up if they do in fact intersect, would building them at different depths allow them to not intersect.

Ive got a very complicated set up involving a modified version of a two level turbine for the Distributors. I was hoping I could send the collectors underground.

jondor

Allow me to quote from the RHW readme:

QuoteFunctional tunnels are not possible.  They are hardcoded and there is no known way to fix it.   

While it is possible to actually build what appears to be a tunnel with the RHW, and the Maxis default slope settings for the network will allow it, the tunnel will show up missing models and will not function.  Even if proper models and paths are applied, the tunnel cannot be made to function due to the hardcoding.

As far as tunnel solutions go, some RHW Flexible Underpass (FLUPs) pieces by Chrisim and toja, including an RHW-2 portal, have been added in Version 4.0 and can be found under the Road/RHW Interface Puzzle Pieces button.  For traditional tunnel functionality, you'll also need to use another network as a workaround, or use one of buddybud's underpass lots or blahdy's Boston Big Dig (BBD) lots, which utilize the Subway network.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

SimSome

Of course. The read me.

Thanks!

DAB_City

I can't get on SimCity right now to show you, but you could split each RHW-8S carriageway into two RHW-4 and then into two OWR-2 tunnels. I hope that you understand, or that somebody can attach an in-game picture of what I mean!
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/