• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I am scratching my head about the Disease Research Center

Started by Pythias900KMB, September 30, 2018, 07:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

Many salutations, everybody!  I hope that you are all doing fantastic.  The other day, I discovered that the Mayor Rating in one of my cities has bottomed out where the citizens continue to remain angry at me in spite of all of the overtures I have made to show good will -- building parks, building schools, building hospitals, reorganizing RCI blocks, reorganizing the pipes, reorganizing the subway tunnels, reorganizing the emergency responder stations . . . only to end up with a lot less money and not any more good will than when I started.  I discovered a spot of radiation near where I built the Disease Research Center and am questioning whether the Disease Research Center caused it and whether starting the city over again from scratch because of it is really necessary.

mattb325

The disease research center in and of itself will not cause your mayor rating to fall so dramatically. Even though it emits radiation within the the confines of the lot boundaries (ie it doesn't spew it across the tile. If it were spewing radiation then you would not be able to have CO$$/CO$$$ across the highway)

Apart from the radiation which just stops desirability immediately around the lot this is what it does and the positives (plural) outweigh the negative (singular):
Landmark effect + 40 over 20
Mayor Rating + 2 over 440
Lifts demand caps of R$$ & R$$$ by 10,000 each
Provides 112 civic jobs
Has a 60,000 hospital patient capacity and boost health quotient across the city.

If you are experiencing negative ratings, the cause will be elsewhere. Are you placing churches/mayor house/mayor statue etc? You may need a lot of parks; also you have a lot of $ in the bank. I'm not sure if that is from just typing in a cheat code such as weaknesspays or if it is from a cheat lot. If it's the latter, can you be certain that it isn't doing something negative in your city?
The best options are to fully fund all of your civics, and then click on the Mayor Rating button (to the left & up slightly of the radiation button) and actually see where the mayor rating is lowest and address those pockets accordingly.

mgb204

Please refrain from starting multiple new topics to discuss the same issue.