• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BASE TEXTURE

Started by 0715463494, July 26, 2018, 03:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all.Hope all is well with all the lovely people :)I have a question about creating base textures,must the picture that i convert to lets jpeg file be dark as possible or is that not the issue,because all i get in the SC4 TOOL is overlay textures,can it even make base textures?Hope one of our geniuses here a the community can help me out :thumbsup:

mgb204

SC4Tool can make either a Base or Overlay texture, but whichever you get really depends on the source texture.

So, if you are including an Alpha (or transparency) texture, you will get an overlay texture. Similarly if your source texture has transparency, you may end up with an Overlay texture. To ensure it is assigned as a Base texture, just ensure there is no transparency or Alpha to add transparency and you should be fine. Note also, you are making a Lot (Standard) texture, NOT a Transit (Traffic) texture, it's very important to select the correct setting for this too.

Thanks a lot MGB,tried it,it works perfectly now,did not know to leave the Alpha open :)Now what is the story with the traffic texture option?Please explain lol?

mgb204

An Alpha is a transparency channel, so yeah if you used one, the application will assume your texture has transparent areas. Since only Overlay textures can have such transparency, it therefore is designated as such.

A Traffic Texture is simply a texture used for a transport network, which needs a different GID (Group ID) from Lot Textures. Unless you start making textures for the various transport networks from either the base game or NAM, you won't need this option.

Hi all,thanks again MGB for youre explanation about how the different ways the texture creator operates.Just another question,when i make a new texture i have to put an ID number in,now the creator is giving me free or pre programmed codes,if i use them and maybe want to upload some of my stuff at a later stage,am i going to cause conflicts with other peoples codes,just wondering &mmm?

vortext

Indeed such conflicts could happen, so in order to avoid that please request a texture ID range over here.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana