• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_Waters

It's amazing!  :thumbsup:
Just do not see the "T" and "X" diagonal intersections. ()what()

Simmer2

Quote from: Alan_Waters on February 03, 2018, 08:02:18 AM
It's amazing!  :thumbsup:
Just do not see the "T" and "X" diagonal intersections. ()what()

I knew I forgot to plop something  $%Grinno$%
I made so many pieces I lost count lol.
They will be shown in my next pic set.
Thank you.

Simmer/Nick

PS I did remember to plop the Diagonal to Orthogonal "X" piece. You can see it on the bottom right.
________________________________________________________________________________

Akallan

Wow! I have not commented here often, but know that I always look at your work and it amazes me every time! You are excellent, all these BAT are great! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Jack_wilds

how about adding kissing gates that would fit in stone walls   ???...

would such a thing even show up in the game...  ()what() and then elevated v-neck access gates would they work and bee seen in game to play... kissing kates come in all materials and sizes so I would not even begin to know what to point at aide from wooden variety   

... really like the tweaking of late as some detail with up close pics show real attention to stone fence detail...  :satisfied:

:)

Simmer2

Thanks!!

Well I think this is the last pic dump. Added 5 more pieces and a 7.5m slope friendly transition and here they are!!

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

They are here......http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3566

SM2 Dry Stone Walls  (Muro Secco)

Is a type of wall made with stones found locally and assembled without mortar thus the name Dry Wall (Muro Secco)
They are mostly found in European countries. Unfortunately they are the remnants of a lost art. No one makes them anymore.
These walls were used to "fence in" properties and also to provide shelter for livestock.

I tried to provide almost all possible combination in order to make just about any shape you may need.

Orthogonal, diagonal, round corner, sharp corner, diagonal to orthogonal, broken walls, overhanging diags and orthos, open gates, closed gates, even gates on diagonals and more!

There are also a few stone structures to complement the set and one special transition piece which will allow you to follow heights differences of 7.5 meters. (slope friendly). Please use the road lifter tool in the NAM menu to set height to 7.5 meters when using the transition piece for best results.

Included are 4 lots (Orthogonal only) that will make it possible to create EDGE to EDGE scenes.

And last but not least, I have included 2 MMP files based on the model and texture of the wall, for those hard to reach areas. They are slope friendly and you can even place them under water if you wish.

I created a custom icon set with clear and easy to recognize symbols, You will find all 42 lots in the park menu.

No cost to plop, maintain and bulldoze. Neutral lots.

No Dependencies.

Simmer2

Simmer2/Nick

Page 1 has been amended http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.0

Glenni

Downloaded and rated a soon as i saw it, excellent work!  :thumbsup:

belfastsocrates

These are superb! Looking forward to using these.

I wouldn't say they're a lost art though. There are Dry Stone Walling Associations in Great Britain and Ireland that keep the craft going and provide training, some agricultural colleges here provide training also.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

Glenni Thank you very much  :)

belfastsocrates Thank you!!
I had no idea that the craft was still being taught! Probably more as a hobby but I'm so glad to hear that  :thumbsup:

Well, its time to pick up some old threads and complete the tapestries....

Continuing the Wind Power trend (from my other 2 lots) SM2 Wind Power Inc. is my first choice from that list. This is the lot where the turbine cones and blades are made. Eventually I will create the one that produces the poles and generator housings.

I have had to re-do the base texture in order to accommodate a bigger building thus making the lot a tad bigger. With the extra room I should now be able to setup a parking lot for employees and perhaps add a few more props.

Due to the bigger size of the lot I may or may not split the lot in 2 or more pieces or create additional lots with more parked blades which will give players the choice to expand the assembly if they so wish.

This gif was made with the old lot which is smaller than the one I'm creating now. Therefore WIP alert!

Simmer2

feyss

noahclem

Great to see this progress progress! Been excited about it for a while!

Unconstantean

hell yeah  &apls &apls &apls where i live it's a big fuss bout wind power and they've build a terminal in the harbour for the components of the turbines and man it looks like in your gif  &apls &apls &apls

Simmer2

Thank you!!

Re: SM2 Wind Power Inc.

Here is the new lot with all the bells and whistles. Bigger size, detailed custom texture, bigger building and many many more timed props!
This is the animation, the other pics are closeups.

Action starts at 6AM and goes around the clock. Cars start to come in and park and then by 9PM they are gone. Trucks begin to trickle in after 9pm bringing in new supplies for the next day's shift.

Simmer2

huzman

Beside being a fantastic job, besides being very beautiful, this is exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks a heck of a lot!
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Simmer2

Another one bites the dust.....

SM2 Prop Pack Vol7 is here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3571
SM2 Wind Power Inc. is here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3572

Welcome back for more wind power lots!
This time its the actual manufacturing plant for the generator's nose cones and blades.

You will find 3 lots in this pack.

The main one is 19X15 and will provide 496 I-M jobs.
D1 (big blades depot) is 9x3 and will provide 3 jobs.
D2 (small blades depot) is 5x4 and will provide 3 jobs.

You can expand the main lot by plopping extra depots around its perimeter or you can plop them separately, up to you.

All 3 lots make extensive usage of timed prop families.
Actions starts at 6AM and goes around the clock.

Last pics.

Page one has been amended.

vinlabsc3k

Awesome as usual!! &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Your effort, to make this big lots realistic and detailed, is fantastic!! :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Simmer2

@vinlabsc3k Thank you paesano!!

SM2 Shocking Jimmy's Electrical Supplies is the next lot in a series of industrial supplies businesses and you can now get it here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3573

Lot size 7X10
Jobs I-M74

Requires power and water to run.

The rail connection is STR RRW and it will allow both freight and passenger trains to pass through the lot for that extra realism.

As usual, custom textures included.

"Even Thor shops here"

Simmer2

Page1 has been amended http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.0

feyss

I'm going to need to change my urban planning to build those  :D

Tyberius06

ONE day two lots and a nice prop pack again for lotters! :D  &apls &apls &apls
What is this, Christmas again?  :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Thank you very much, it's really awesome!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.