• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

korver

Wonderful work! What a perfect recreation of a Japanese harbour. The MMPing is done extremely well, too :thumbsup:

kelis

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

manga rivotra

Great update as always !  &apls &apls &apls
I especially like the very realistic overviews and the last pic. This close view of the small fishing port is stunning !
And the choice of buildings is perfect everywhere. One would imagine a real reproduction. It's impressive !  :thumbsup:

kelis

Thanks for your kind comment manga rivotra, It is not a real recreation, but I must say that I try to take a look at google earth almost every day, I know very good the coast of Japan  $%Grinno$%.

Just a teaser for today's update. A small village located pretty close to Hatsukaichi main port

:thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

korver

I love the coastline MMPing! Stunning work with the village, too :)

kbieniu7

Hi! I haven't been there for a while... Well, I repeat what feyss and korver said, you have done a lot of great work with coastline and sea bed. The transparency of water is just in the point!  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

kelis

• Update #7 || Hatsukaichi - Closer View •

##############################################################################

• Hello everyone, in the last update we've seen Hatsukaichi from the heights, now is time to get closer and see all the details that this village can offer to us. This update has a great amount of pictures and all of them are focused in the village of Hatsukaichi and non in its port. We will visit the port in the next update.  •

•  This is Japan and that means that you can reach all places easily. You can reach Hatsukaichi by car; using the Highway, national road or just driving across the roads of the prefecture. By train and also by ferry. in this picture you can see the Highway that cross Saitama from south to north and also the Shinkansen line, it has not station in Hatsukaichi. •

Trains are everywhere, even if only one rail line cross the village there are trains passing through Hatsukaichi all the time •

• Here is where the national road is connected with Hatsukaichi, it is one of the entries of the village •

• Hatsukaichi during normal days •

• The first school in Hatsukaichi, still in function •

• There are not too many flats in this village, most of the areas are covered by old low houses •

• Some trains parked right in front of the Hatsukaichi station

• The sea has always been good friend in Japan, anyway it is better to keep distances •

• The city hall and the Hatsukaichi temple •

( More info later)

• Hatsukaichi at night  (Very nice and quiet place to live) •

kbieniu7 -
Thank you so much my friend.

korver - Thanks Korver, glad you like it.

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

korver

Lovely pictures as always. The night shots are gorgeous :thumbsup:

Akallan

Very good work, I love the quays and the coasts with the rocks of Simmer2. The final rendering is very natural and the city always so detailed! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

kelis

• Update #8 || Hatsukaichi - The Port + Extra •

• Hello everyone, today I want to share with all of you the last update of Hatsukaichi. We have visited this wonderful town in the last 2 updates but  I wanted to leave the port for the last update of Hatsukaichi. Why ? I have put a lot of effort into making this port and I'm really happy with the result, to me the port of Hatsukaichi means a step forward in my way to the perfect recreation of the Japanese landscape. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and the update itself •

• In the past, the Hatsukaichi lighthouse was located far from the population and the buildings. This was previously a small peninsula far from the habitable zones of Hatsukaichi

• Due to the strong demand in the country and the shortage of land, the city was gradually gaining space to the sea and today the lighthouse is part of the town itself •

• To understand the progress of the port first it is necessary to explain its past. The port is divided into 3 parts, in these two pictures you can see the old port; this one was the first port of Hatsukaichi. It's shape is quite simple, just a small zone created on a a shallow area, building it was simple and for the small and old boats there was no problem of depth ( In the past Hatsukaichi used its port only to supply fish for its inhabitants ) •

• When the people of Hatsukaichi realized that the fishing could be a good business, they built an extension of the old port, the part two. Part two consisted in building a dock for ships a little bigger and deeper where the first fishing companies could be established. The Hatsukaichi fish market was also built •

Part two of the port was built between the lighthouse and the old port of Hatsukaichi

• In this image you can appreciate how the old port (Part 1) and the extension (part 2) are perfectly connected along the shoreline •

• Currently part 2 of the Hatsukaichi port is normally used by small boats because the larger ships use the new port that we will see below.
A small security post was also built to maintain maritime control of the area •

The new port of Hatsukaichi (Part 3)  is bigger and more modern, its docks are more spacious and functional and it has much more space for the workers and their trucks •

The part 3, the new port of Hatsukaichi is the heart of the town, most of the inhabitants are working here, fishing is the main business for this people and Hatsukaichi has it own fame. It is located far of the city center, far from the main ports and industries of the prefecture. Its fish is fresh and it is very famous in the entire prefecture of Saitama, for that reason during the all day ships are transporting fish from here to the main port of the Prefecture, located in Tokyu, the biggest city of Saitama Prefecture

##################################################################################

• If you are one of those people who usually come to Hatsukaichi to buy fish or you are just passing by, I recommend you visit this small town located west of Hatsukaichi •

• It really has nothing special but for those people who live in the big cities of the Prefecture small towns like this are pure fresh air, simply walk through its small and narrow streets while listening to the sound of the Saitama Sea

The Saitama Prefecture It is a huge place, it is known as the port of Japan, the whole prefecture is destined to the sea and not only the big international ports are important, ports and places like these contribute to keep our Prefecture in perfect operation. I hope you enjoyd your visit and until the next time my friends •

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

art128

Wonderful recent updates Jonathan, Hatsukaichi is a beautiful city.  :)

Funny how your version of Saitama is a big port while the real Saitama is a land locked prefecture.  :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Akallan

It's excellent! Really! I love your job MMP, you have the light and intelligent hand to put them where it is needed. MMP paths that furrow the houses along the coast and very beautiful, as the docks. Great job! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

dyoungyn

Truly reminds me of my 14 years of time while living in Japan.  Your detail is amazing and really brings me back to a wonderful and enjoyable time in my life.

noahclem

I've missed some great updates  &apls  The shoreline and port stand out as particularly unique and impressive  :thumbsup:

Badsim

Hi Jonathan ,

My apologies for not commenting your MD more often  :thumbsdown: , you're attached to realism and details so , of course , your MD is one of my favorite  :) ... this update  is perfectly showing your skill with MMPs and I like particularly how you play with the water transparency , the shore in its all with the underwater work is outstanding indeed . &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

feyss

Those are the smoothest transitions between land and water that I have seen in a while, great work  :thumbsup:

Nanami

As I said in ST... you;ve done really great job on the coastal area!

Million

Love those red brick warehouses
Also that aquatic vegetation
And the boats...
Well, every detail is fine!

kelis

Hello guys:

Its been a while since the last time I posted here... I was working a lot on my Japanese Region, Saitama. I have made a new map and I had most of the bay done, covered by industrial islands and some cool things that took me a lot of time... the last week the light of my house just went down and my Hard drive just die... today I went to the shop and they said that is almost.impossible to find my files... for some reason they are gone... the last back up was the last year... I think in december when I was playing the old version of my region... The guys told me that they are going to use a program to try to bring back my files... Iet see what happens... but in any case one more time I have to go trough this things... Lost all my motivation right now...

If all my plugins are gone I have no idea if I will be able to come back with another region and maybe is time to give up and stop playing this game...

Sorry for the bad news this time and I hope I can share with you better news in the next days...

#Jonathan
.