• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadgeek

Quote from: Themistokles on May 02, 2016, 02:21:12 AM
Quote from: eggman121 on May 01, 2016, 10:54:53 PM[...]
One idea that has crossed my mind is placing tutorials in the public space on how new content is made these days. The old way was churning out puzzle pieces but that became impractical when you consider all the functionality that has to be incorporated. One person that has been my mentor, inspiration and has led the way in the tools he has created is Memo who sadly has been inactive for quite a while. I have picked up many skills and would like to pass down his teachings in the NAM world. I wonder if that is an Idea that would interest anyone?
[...]

I for one would love to have some modding tutorials to learn how to make draggables. There are good puzzle piece tutorials out there, but they are really limited since many of the online tools have gone down. I can't promise any great products, but I'd love to use some tutorials to try out making draggable things.

I second that motion. All in favor, ....

j-dub

Me! I can't imagine what designs others have got going on in their heads.

woodb3kmaster

I definitely think it would be great to have a tutorial that covers all the minutiae of coding in RUL1, RUL2, INRULs, etc. - essentially, everything we use to make draggable content these days. A nod to newer dev tools wouldn't go amiss, either.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

dyoungyn

I would like to show my sincere appreciation for all those marvelous imaginative creators out there that has made and and continues to do so in SC4 that really energizes and makes me want to continue playing SC4.  I have personally put in over 13 years of SC4 playing and hard to hang the hat.  THANK YOU again coming from the bottom of my heart for keeping the game alive and well.  Really excited to see the future teases for the game which again really makes SC4 the TOP city building game out there.

Seaman

yes, I can second that! thx

dyoungyn

I realize it has been a little bit of while since the last post, but I just want to thank the entire NAM Team for creating this beautiful gentle curve.  Without you all's creative thinking, this would have NEVER been possible.  Thank you again.  BTW, all draggable ;D

dyoungyn

Tarkus

A recent RHW-related project went a little tangential, and turned into some updates for the draggable Elevated Road/One-Way Road/Avenue Viaducts.

-Alex

Gugu3

gn_leugim

dyoungyn

Agreed, amazing; and wow, what can be done with this 13 year old game that was once thought impossible.  My only complaint about "Elevated AVEs/roads/oneways always looks funny in the region view.  Understand about the limitations of the Region capabilities.  This is the reason, I have been very selective on the use of "Elevated NAM components. 

noahclem

Draggable viaducts are looking great  :thumbsup: &apls

Tarkus

Thanks, Gugu, gn_leugim, dyoungyn, and Noah!  Here's a little more where that came from, with a look at the Road/OWR viaduct intersections:

-Alex

Seaman

gn_leugim

this almost makes me ask when will the next nam version will come out   $%Grinno$%  $%Grinno$% :P

Seaman

Quote from: gn_leugim on September 26, 2016, 06:52:09 AM
this almost makes me ask when will the next nam version will come out   $%Grinno$%  $%Grinno$% :P

shhh... If you say it out loud, the dream won't come true... :D

gn_leugim

Quote from: Seaman on September 26, 2016, 09:25:20 AM
Quote from: gn_leugim on September 26, 2016, 06:52:09 AM

shhh... If you say it out loud, the dream won't come true... :D

but did I say something??  :P $%Grinno$%  ;)

Andreas

We all know that the new NAM will come "soon", while "soon" might vary between 14 days and 14 months or so. ;)
Andreas

woodb3kmaster

The correct answer is always "The next NAM release is imminent." :P

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

gn_leugim

Quote from: Andreas on September 27, 2016, 03:16:36 PM
We all know that the new NAM will come "soon", while "soon" might vary between 14 days and 14 months or so. ;)

So the number to know here is 14..hmmm :p

Jokes aside, I know very well the policy of NAM release dates, so let's wait :)

Tyberius06

Hello!

After MGB made his RRW tunnels (the DTR and now the STR version too) a thought came into my mind. When I installed the NAM last time (and probably into some previous versions too) I saw the option between CAN-AM with SimGoober canals OR SG-CAL canals. At this moment the whole CAN-AM thing is important to me due to the canal FLUP pieces. I was wondering how about other canal types? Like PPond/PEG Pond or Paeng's Urban Recreational Canals (URC) etc... I know the whole FLUP system will be revisited at some point in the far future (because all of them Puzzle Piece based and that technology obsolate), but would it be hard work to make some under canal transitions for URC and/or PPond? (oh and I know, there's some custom flup piece for PEG Streams made by the SFBT Team, I guess.)

Thank you for any answere in advance!

- Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.