• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

problem with custom transport map

Started by GMT, July 31, 2012, 01:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMT

so
I'm creating my own transportation map color template, inspired by the google maps color template.
worked like a charm until I pushed towards the NAM compatibility.
So I downloaded the NAM compatible transportation map mod to dig what I have to do...
now, long story short:
The colors are all screwed up UNLESS I save the respective city tile with the traffic data map view active, in that case, the transport map regionview turns out as it's supposed to be.
Does anyone have an idea what may cause this? I save a city tile with the traffic data map active, colors in region view are correct and with the very same tile and w/o the data view active, colors are wrong.
I'll hand a picture tomorrow to show what it looks like as I am on a rush atm, but maybe someone has an idea right away?

... really, it is. I swear.

jondor

Are you using the RHW transportation map mod?  If so, it involves a trick that actually utilizes the traffic data map to make the RHW appear.  And it is a bit finicky.  You have to open at least one data view (presumably to initialize something in the game) before saving the city tile or the transportation map will draw strangely.

It is possible to change the colors, but in addition to the usual transportation map color table property, you also have to change the color ramp property that has been added to the other Region Transport exemplar.

(TGI: 0x6534284A, 0x690F693F, 0x0B9EC13D contains the color table; 0x6534284A, 0x690F693F, 0x4A0B68F3 is where the data view properties were added)

Also note that the data view properties that were added will draw in ALL car traffic networks (Street, Road, OWR, Avenue, RHW, MHW Tram-in/on-road/street/AVE and FLUPS) and they will leave a bit of a halo around anything with a different color, especially on diagonals.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

GMT

yeah I think I used that one, at least I can remember something with a color ramp. It's been a while already because I gave up trying because basically I went down trial and error lane the whole process and the latter got worse once I wanted the NAM to show correct (as it seemed to my I was unable to identify how to work the color ramp properly). I had no problems with the halos, as you call them but the overall result was not what I wanted and I couldn't think of which way to go. So I quit it, until yesterday as I discovered what I wrote above.
anyways, here's the picture I promised:

I guess anyone can realize what is supposed to happen and what does happen.
And like I said, once I open a faulty city and save it with traffic data map open, it turns out correct and I basically have to do this everytime I save and quit to region in order to make it looks the right way.

Now I feel like I want to get it working properly ^^

jondor

Yes, that looks like exactly the issue I ran into.  In my testing, the traffic data view didn't necessarily have to be open, but at least one data view map (any of them, not just traffic) had to have been viewed at least once before saving the city.

As long as that was done, the traffic data view would be drawn first and the transport map colors overlayed on top.  Without opening any data maps, the opposite would happen.  Since the ramp color is set to be partially transparent it's mixing with the transport map color and turning everything orange.

I wasn't ever able to find a way around the problem.  The halos I was talking about are visible on your long diagonal stretches, though given your color scheme, no worse than the near-Maxis colors I used.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

GMT

ok so... no way to get it correct w/o the data view work-around then... too bad...  &mmm