• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Krasner BAT thread

Started by Krasner, September 08, 2016, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Excellent buildings !! &apls &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

911Diva

Really great buildings, I will definitely download and use!!!!!!

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

c.p.

That's a brilliant idea making that style of industrial building modular :thumbsup:  The modelling and texturing looks very good.  The only odd thing (and maybe its just me) is the sloped tile roofs are super clean, but the flat roof is super grungy.  It's great as-is, but maybe more grunge or a gradient or something on the tile roof would help  ()what()

Simcoug

modular, grungy, industrial awesomeness  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

I'm a simple man- I see industry and I like.

I see a modular factory set and I adore!

:bnn: :bnn: :bnn:

Once you release your modular factory it WILL make its way into my MD- I've got a special scenes slot just for great stuff like this.

Tyberius06

OH, well-well, it's fantastic! :) I can't wait for these models, I would like to use them for my SeaPorts! :) Keep up the good work! :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Krasner

@praiodan Thanks  :thumbsup: As you will see lower in this post I took your advice in consideration

@noahclem Thank you  ;D

@Sciurus Thanks again Guillaume  ;)

@911Diva Thank you  ;D

@Simmer2 Thanks again !  :thumbsup:

@c.p. Thanks c.p.  ;D Well, I did an alternate version with a less grungy roofing as ou will see lower in this post.

@Simcoug Thanks !  ;D

@Vizoria Certainly I am as simple as you as this type of industrial devices pleases me a lot, but irl  ;) The sad thing is that this type of buildings are slowly disappearing, as it has no historical value and as it covers huge areas in towns, replacing them with real estate programs make astronomical capital gains  &mmm

@Tyberius06 Thanks !  ;D I'd like to see that !

My prop pack is finally available, you can get it here : http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads/view/3311

Many thanks go to @Akallan who datpacked it for me. I will provide a personnal lotting with custom overlays, but for the moment I prefer to finish other projects. Feel free to make your own lotting and share it if yo want, I would'nt mind for sure  ::)

As said I changed the grungy roofing on gate n°2, it's better I think. I would like to know if you prefer this one or if the former roofing was better  ;)

I also added a third version of my railroad crossing keeper house to the two others in the railroad pack still in the making with @Sciurus, this time it's abandonned and completely walled to prevent squatters from entering in. I commonly feel disgusted towards this type of practices irl, but eh, I try to reproduce real life in SC4, I have to show its cruelty as well...

Hope you like it anyway  ;)

ANARCHIST !!

praiodan

Quote from: Krasner on May 05, 2017, 11:46:03 AM
As you will see lower in this post I took your advice in consideration
Oh yes, this is a huge improvement! Now this will not stand out too much anymore, which is a very important quality for a modular building set. Well done!  :thumbsup:

And very good work on the keeper's house, it indeed looks very realistic (albeit sad)!

vester

On the Maison du garde-barrière, turn down the saturation, my best would be around 70-80 pro cent of the current texture.

In general what I do when trying to get the saturation is to open a photo in Photoshop.
Then use the pick color tool and see what the saturation is compared to a rendering of my bat.

In general your bats tend to be a bit over saturated, but beside that.....

Great work.  &apls

Like the modular approach. One question how does the shadows plays along. shadow on the next building.
Shadows is one thing that to ruin the impression.

noahclem

Wow, the details here look just superb  &apls  Already picked up the prop pack ;)

Krasner

@praiodan Thanks  $%Grinno$%

@vester Than you ! In the early, unshowed steps of this project I had indeed some issues with the shadows, I made a base piece with two "dents" so when assembled there was a shadow one in two. Each "dent" now is a single prop, only the more elaborated front pieces are double, it shows a shadow only in one view and they stay "logical" to me as they stand from higher walls. So shadow issues are cleared in my opinion.

About the keeper house, I desatureted the textures more or less following your tip and it's better I think :

@noahclem Thanks  ;)

Just a quick update about the puzzle factory, to show the few more pieces I made :

In fact modeling is finished, so the only steps left ahead are adding some fillers and put everything in a MML. I wasn't able to find any tutorial, unfortunately  &mmm So I'm asking you, where can I find this type of information ? By the way I'm still hesitating about what base texture to use with all this. It looks far better to me with this particular texture from @vortext, but it would make the whole thing much more difficult to mix with all the other filler pieces available here and there, which use almost always the same maxis concrete (the light one).

Fortunately there is not much moiré pattern in zoom 5, which is so difficult to avoid when redering in HD  ::)

Hope you like it  :satisfied:

ANARCHIST !!

belfastsocrates

Those factory pieces are fantastic!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

praiodan

This is coming along really nicely! Though, one more time I'd like to grump a little on a high level. Maybe you could use a more seamless texture on the loading rack pieces. The darker area around the top left corner is rather prominent and with a high repitition of this piece, it might be a little distracting. Otherwise, as I said, well done.  :thumbsup:

Andreas

The modular factory stuff is coming along nicely alright, I can think of quite a few possibilities how to use that in the game!

Quote from: Krasner on May 07, 2017, 10:52:51 AM
In fact modeling is finished, so the only steps left ahead are adding some fillers and put everything in a MML. I wasn't able to find any tutorial, unfortunately  &mmm So I'm asking you, where can I find this type of information ?
It is found at the place where nobody ever looks - in the readme file of the first MML release that I made back then. ;)
Andreas

Simmer2

You captured the mid 20th century feel just right  &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

Sciurus

Well I missed some posts... but I still follow your work, don't worry  :thumbsup:
That's a great work anyway !! &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

_Michael

I'm really loving the style of this work - looking great! :)

kbieniu7

I'd like to write a lot, but I missed a lot, so that would be to much  $%Grinno$% So, briefly: great! Especially the factory, will be great for smaller towns  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Looks excellent and I quite enjoy the fence lots. This is shaping up to be a great set  &apls