• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Farms North of Grasmere () My SC4 MD Scrapbook

Started by Vizoria, October 08, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

Nice work on the diagonals, FAR and MMPs :thumbsup:

The 7x7 victorian lot appears to be missing some textures (in the pasture).  Did I forget a dependency? (Or maybe it's been modified?)  %confuso

Vizoria

Replies:

Silur: Yeah those birches are too bright and green. Thanks for your comment and for your praise!

brick_mortimer: You're welcome!

praiodan: Cheers!

c.p.: Thank you! As for those missing textures it could be indicative of my using rsc204's TGN (Terrain Grass NAM) mod for Sudden Valley terrain.

{---}

Part 5 of the finale: Grasmere

I will keep this short as I have been working intensively on this portfolio of evidence and records for my teacher training course- there are only two weeks left and then the course is done. Now then, here is the centre of Grasmere: concrete, grunge, fields, diagonals and MOAR greenery!

{---}

The town hall.

The money shot.

{---}

On Tuesday the tour sweeps downwards upon the fields south of Grasmere- some very special stuff in that entry.

manga rivotra

I'm speechless !  &apls &apls &apls
Your sense of scale reaches a climax in these last updates.
This is brilliant of realism and full of inspiration, i'm eager to see more !  :popcorn:

praiodan

What a massive update. It is hard for me to pick something I like best this time, but the town hall and the park in pictures 13 and 14 keep me drooling all over my keyboard. And I love how carefully you place different kind of fences everywhere.  &apls

Vizoria

Replies:

manga rivotra: Thank you very much! There's another five entries from Grasmere.

praiodan: The town hall is an example of mattb325's great BATing and LOTing work. Thanks a lot for your comment.

{---}

Part 6 of the Finale: Farms South of Grasmere

In this entry it is a lot of pictures of fields and of the southern fringes of Grasmere. Enjoy! Again I'm keeping the annotation to a minimum as I am very busy with the teacher training course- it's the last two weeks you see.

{---}

{---}

In the next entry -- this Friday -- we move to West Grasmere. That entry is going to be something a bit special!

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

praiodan

Superb agricultural scenes.  &apls Again this feels incredible real, with the fences, the gates, the pathways and the harvester... Can't wait for the next update!  &apls

kbieniu7

Well, that's a real sign of perfection. It's a pleasure to look at all those fields, pasture lands and woods merging with each other and with the development. As previously, I love how you also manage the attention to details - like all those diagonal roads, once again concrete road, housings, diagonal paved and dirt paths, parking lots and small garages. What is more, looking from the bigger distance - everything looks so homogenous, so all parts of the landscape are perfectly put in their places  &apls

Anyway, I also have a remark - I really think that you're overdosing. I mean, each update you show us has 30 shots or more. I look at them and in every single one, I can see that you really wanted to show something interesting. At every single one there's something worth shown - a parking lot, detailed-made pasture field with a dirt path going trough it, a housing estate, a railyard. I have the same dillema often - there's so much to show, where should I put my camera? And though all the work is mindblowing, I think you need to cut down the number of pictures a bit. It's hard, but try to pick just some of the existing details to show, maybe with showing more of the higher-zoom views, so one can more clearly navigate trough the area? Or maybe a region view would be a good addtion now!

Your updates are always an example of a masterpiece. Just try to make them more mind-seizeable, I propose :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Mikey Knox

What i really would like to know is, how in the World do you get so many Trees on your Lots? Do you use MMP's for that? And what kind of ploppable Tree Lots are you using?

metarvo

Good work, Vizoria!  :thumbsup:  Nice street layout here!  :thumbsup:  Those 90° large wide curves are quite eye-catching when used the way they are here.  The diagonal farm fields add a nice touch, too.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

c.p.

Wow, a great tour :thumbsup:  I love the harvest shots.

Quote from: Vizoria on April 28, 2017, 02:25:41 PM
As for those missing textures it could be indicative of my using rsc204's TGN (Terrain Grass NAM) mod for Sudden Valley terrain.
Ah, that makes sense.  Thanks!

Vizoria

Hi everyone!

Since next week is the final week of my teacher training course it is a VERY critical week for submitting in a mass of paperwork- this portofolio of evidence i have gathered, personal reflections and all sorts.

As such I'm pushing back the Grasmere West entry to the 15th of May on a Monday. The reminder of the finale parts will be posted on Mondays and Thursdays from the 15th and beyond.

And now for the replies:

{---}

Simmer2: Cheers!

praiodan: Thank you, I am a real stickler for fencing off areas!

kbieniu7: The large number of pictures stays because if I took a smaller number it would defeat the purpose of detailing large portions of the map. Besides a take a lot of pictures from a variety of zooms to help viewers see where things are in a selected area. This is why I create so many mosaics to help give a sense of the transitions. Since I don't play regionally then there is ZERO point in showing regional pictures. Thus the overdosing of pictures will continue.

Anyway thanks for the homogeneous remark- I've finally created a rural and flat area which has zero trace of the vanilla SC4 and is fully optimized in an aesthetically/realistic fashion.

Mikey Knox: c.p.'s lots come with a lot of trees. Download the dependencies! I also add in trees around the 3x3 housing lots, trees from FrankU's Dutch Fields and Dutch Parks and trees from Gn_leugim's Forest Parks- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/19429-forest-parks-ver2/. This REALLY spruces up the tree density!

metarvo: Thank you! It's always pleasurable seeing the grass textures emerge from a dragged wide 90 degree curve.

c.p. : Thanks for that!

Mikey Knox

Quote from: Vizoria on May 05, 2017, 02:47:53 PM

Mikey Knox: c.p.'s lots come with a lot of trees. Download the dependencies! I also add in trees around the 3x3 housing lots, trees from FrankU's Dutch Fields and Dutch Parks and trees from Gn_leugim's Forest Parks- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/19429-forest-parks-ver2/. This REALLY spruces up the tree density!

Isnt using that massive amount of Tree Lots in your City causing Prop Pox ?

Vizoria

Quote from: Mikey Knox on May 05, 2017, 04:18:59 PM
Isnt using that massive amount of Tree Lots in your City causing Prop Pox ?

Nope! The last time I've had prox pox was about two years ago, it also helps to create large woodland areas or MMP areas because they don't add to the Prop load.

praiodan

Take all the time you need for your training course, it's a lot more important than continueing your very tight schedule. You provided us so many wonderful pictures that we can look at again and again anyway, so these few more days without an update will certainly not be a nuisance for us.  $%Grinno$%
And of course I wish you good luck.  :thumbsup:

Mikey Knox

Where can i get these Tracto Shops, i would need them for my Farm's i am working on  :)

Vizoria

Quote from: Mikey Knox on May 09, 2017, 11:26:15 AM
Where can i get these Tracto Shops, i would need them for my Farm's i am working on  :)

It took some finding but I found it, it is one of Simgoober's BSC Farm Rewards buildings- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/11917-bsc-farm-rewards-sg-vol-01/.

Mikey Knox

Nanami

Apparently I missed a bit here.... Nice work as usual! Thats a really green suburb area! is it a pasture in picture 32 of last update? it seems kinda empty.. keep up and good luck on the training course!

Vizoria

Replies:

praiodan: Thank you! Here are some more wonderful pictures to look at.

Nanami: It's just a green field! Thanks for the comment!

{---}

Part 7 of the Finale: West Grasmere

So my teacher training course is now complete. This means it is back on to the schedule of posting the remaining parts of the finale. In this part we take a tour around West Grasmere which is my favourite part of Grasmere due to some MMP work, use of lots and fillers and other items...

{---}

West Grasmere.

This STR station can be found here- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2041.

My longest ever mosaic- it took about thirty minutes to assemble and to spruce up.

MMP playground!

Due to the constraints of the city tile we don't get to see East Grasmere taper off into the countryside. But we do with West Grasmere.

And the petrol station marks the edge of West Grasmere.

Another view of the outskirts.

And of Grasmere in a wider context...

{---}

This Thursday the entry is going to focus on the fields north of Grasmere.