• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Do I Have Enough Demand?

Started by Dreamcat, March 15, 2012, 11:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcat

I don't know exactly how demand works. I know about demand caps and all that. I'm wondering what the numbers mean. I know they don't mean occupancies. So what do the numbers on the demand bars tell me? My CO$$$ demand is at +6,000; how many jobs is that? How many jobs do they want? Is it just an arbitrary figure? The reason I'm asking is because I have some huge buildings that should grow, but aren't, and it might be because I don't have enough demand. But I don't know... it says I have a LOT of demand.

Thanks!

jmyers2043

Quote from: Dreamcat on March 15, 2012, 11:22:18 PM
So what do the numbers on the demand bars tell me? My CO$$$ demand is at +6,000; how many jobs is that?

A relative number that does not represent xxx numbers of job seekers.

Quote from: Dreamcat on March 15, 2012, 11:22:18 PM
The reason I'm asking is because I have some huge buildings that should grow, but aren't, and it might be because I don't have enough demand.

The stages are determined by how many exitsting jobs of a specific catagory are in your city -  which is also a reflection of your population. A city of 100 can have a high demand for CS$ but will likely grow a stage 1. A large city will have a small percent chance that a stage 15 CS$ will grow. Notice I said percent chance. Large cities will continue to grow lower stage buildings ... which can or will upgrade to higher stages if necessary.

The census repository by RippleJet has specific information. It reports how many sims are looking for specific catagories of jobs and how many of those jobs are present in your city. Plus other useful information. 

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)