• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tarkusian Cities (Update 107-08/23/2020-West Chemeketa Reconfig, Part 1)

Started by Tarkus, June 17, 2007, 08:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

thundercrack83

Hello, there, Alex!

Fantastic update, as always, my friend! The TLA looks amazing, and the construction is always a plus!

Also, welcome to the Best Sellers section!

Jmouse

Thanks for the link. Probably I should study more maps like that.
In the update, I really like the neighborhood(s). They are some of the most realistic I've seen, and they look very inviting. Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

Filasimo

awesome update alex! you never cease to amaze me with your construction pics...i always love doing those when i build a major thoroughfare :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

BigSlark

Alex,

Your last two updates were great. I love to see that the TLA-5 is more or less finished and I'm looking forward to the freeway interchange that's coming soon.

Cheers,
Kevin

Pat

Alex anther fantastic update from you and the routes of inamint domain gotta love that process by the public works department.... will be looking for the next update soon i hope now lol  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

EDGE4194

Alex- great updates. its always interesting seeing what you're up to.

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Back for another update.   ;)

Well, lots of interesting stuff is going on in Wakeman.  First, a new waterfront hotel, overlooking both the Cascadia River and Gilmour Inlet has been built at the intersection of Banks Way and Kaye Drive.  (Anyone get the reference at that intersection?)

As you can see, the new hotel is hooked up to the start of a new pedestrian trail system, which will eventually lead all over Wakeman.

And another development.  This is at the intersection of Wakeman Boulevard and 22nd Avenue.  Wakeman gets its first strip mall, Wakeman Crossing. (Creative name . . . ::))

To mitigate traffic traveling to the new shopping center, the developers of Wakeman Crossing have paid the city a Traffic Impact Fee, which will go toward widening Wakeman Boulevard to a TLA-5 between 11th and 22nd.

Finally, here's something going on in Argentum.  Looking at this old map (one of my first attempts) [linkage], you may notice a "Country Club Road". 
Well, the aforementioned country club

no longer exists, for reasons you'll soon see.

As a result, the road name doesn't really make much sense now.  So, I'm going to rename it in honor the poster of our 100th comment, Meastro444. 

Congratulations, Meastro! :)

Now onto comments:

bat:  Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed the last update, and I hope this one was to your liking.

Meastro444:  Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for making the 100th post!

Dustin (thundercrack83):  Thanks for the kind words, and for moving my MD up to Best Sellers.  I'm really excited about it.  Thanks again for all your hard work moderating the MD section as well.  You're doing a fantastic job. :thumbsup:  And there's more TLA where that came from. ;)

Joan (Jmouse): You're certainly welcome for the link.  Thanks for the compliments on the neighborhood as well.  It's good to hear I'm doing something right. :)

Ryan (Filasimo):  Thanks!  I agree, the construction pics are always a lot of fun to make.  I'm always tearing up my cities to widen stuff.  Will be even more soon . . .   ;)

Kevin (BigSlark):  Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the past two updates, and hope you enjoyed this latest one as well.  I've still got some work to do on the TLA-5, but it's coming along nicely.  And I really do have some crazy things planned for the new Highway 24 freeway.   ;)

Pat (patfirefghtr):  Hope this one came soon enough for you. :D  Fortunately, the city compensated the land owners along Gilmour Street (soon to be Gilmour Parkway) quite well, so they aren't complaining.  The next stage of the project, toward 11th, however, will be a different story.  Lots of historic homes there, so things are still being carefully planned on that front.  And thanks for the compliments!

EDGE4194:  Thanks, glad you liked the updates! 

That's it for this update.  One other little news item before I close this update--Tarkusian Cities is CAMmed. ;) I've been utilizing it in both regions, and I'm happy to report that not only does it work well for creating larger cities and agricultural areas, it also works very well for suburban commercial areas.  I'll have some stuff to show on that front soon (including the skyrocketing demand chart in Argentum, if anyone's interested).  Thanks to Tage (RippleJet) and everyone at the BSC!

-Alex (Tarkus)

rooker1

Great update.   I like the hotel on the shoreline and the bridge beside it looks interesting.  The map at the end looks great as well.  I have no patience for things like that.  I make it up as I go.   ;)

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Beautiful pictures of your city, Tarkus! Great map! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Stunning suburbia, Alex! I love the strip malls, and I'll be looking forward to seeing what pops up where the country club used to be! And as always, the map is outstanding! Keep it up, my friend!

Dustin

Jmouse

Oh yeah, more nice neighborhoods, and that hotel is to die for. Like the strip mall as well although I can't say I've ever seen one across the road from a farm. And the street map is a very clever idea.

Until next time...
Joan

Pat

Alex its a blast to see what you do and come here each and everytime bud... this time is no exception...  i thought though on the historic front is if there is land still nearby can relocate those homes there as an idea
so its still preserving the historic area and demolishing any history  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Filasimo

alex,
cant wait for that urban sprawl develop even more crazily  :D great update!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

BigSlark

Alex,

You are not only the master of transit modding but you're also the master of the blurry line between suburbia and farmland. I'm glad AND amazed that you have the time for your MD and the NWM.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Kevin

flame1396

Cool... You have all this delicious stuff we don't yet  &sly

Good work!
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

sebes

The residents of Barnaby Drive will be forever greatfull to you! Looking forward to see how the Calderalane bridges over the Argentum Inlet will be reconnected... assuming you will help out the commuters between the Airport and Downtown that used those bridges  ::)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Tarkus

Very brief update here.  Seeing what David's been doing over at 3RR, it's put me in a map-making mood.  I'll be back with more a little later. ;)

Updated Wakeman Map--you'll be seeing the implications of this map very, very soon. ;)

Remember that ultra-curvy road from that mosaic?  Well, here is how it looks on the map. :D

And a random shot from Highway 32, in the southernmost part of the Cascadia Gorge region.  This is one of the highest points in the entire region.

-Alex (Tarkus)

BigSlark

Alex,

Great looking maps. Belew Mountain Rd. looks like an amazing drive!

I'm looking forward to seeing more freeway construction.

Cheers,
Kevin

Jmouse

Oh boy, looks like there's a whole lot more good stuff on the way. Meanwhile, the highway photo is stunning.

Until next time...
Joan