• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My Questions about NAM 31

Started by packersfan, March 03, 2013, 09:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

packersfan

1.) The NAM installer introduces the option to install a number of transit stations, however, the installer and cleanitol does not eliminate duplicates of these stations if the user has some currently installed.  Is there a list of what stations are included so we can manually delete duplicates?

2.) I can't remember how I solved this issue in the last version of NAM and I must have missed the option this time around.  When placing subways, el-stations, etc, the view goes to zone mode instead of completely underground mode like when placing pipes.  Returning from zone mode is a very time-consuming process as the game has to completely rerender the city.  How can I change the view the game goes to when place subways.  The last NAM allowed this option.

3.) How is one to uninstall certain parts of NAM like Bullet Train Mod if we find we don't want them?  I'm worried that not all related files are located in clear logical places.

Those are a few questions I have right now.  Thanks for the incredible work.  Just stuck right now in my game process as I have to re-setup everything again to optimal.

MandelSoft

About #3: Just re-run the installer. The Cleanitol also take care of NAM 31 files.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

selles

Just to avoid creating a new topic, I figured I'd post a question here. I have duplicates of NAM items in my transit menus.

Duplicate RHW items
Duplicate Road/OWR/AVE viaduct
Duplicate Heavy Rail viaduct
Duplicate Ground Light Rail items
Duplicate E-Rail over road

I have been looking in my NAM folder for duplicate files, but I can't find any. Any idea on how I can go about finding the duplicate files?

Diggis

I THINK that means you have 2 controllers installed?  Have you DAT packed it and are accidentally loading both?

selles

Searching for "controller" in the NAM folder has given me the following files:
NetworkAddonMod_a_Controller_Marker.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Controller_RIGHT_HAND_VERSION.dat

I tried DAT packing the NAM after installing 31, but for some reason the NAM folder was crashing DatPacker.

However, I did find the duplicate RHW items in the Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Real Highway Mod\ folder, the names of the current RHW files have changed ever so slightly. I'm still having troubles locating the other duplicates.

I'm doing the testing with only the Network Addon Mod and z___NAM folders in my Plugins.

z

Quote from: packersfan on March 03, 2013, 09:03:55 PM
1.) The NAM installer introduces the option to install a number of transit stations, however, the installer and cleanitol does not eliminate duplicates of these stations if the user has some currently installed.  Is there a list of what stations are included so we can manually delete duplicates?

In the future, duplicates will be deleted automatically by the installer, possibly as early as NAM 31.1.

Quote2.) I can't remember how I solved this issue in the last version of NAM and I must have missed the option this time around.  When placing subways, el-stations, etc, the view goes to zone mode instead of completely underground mode like when placing pipes.  Returning from zone mode is a very time-consuming process as the game has to completely rerender the city.  How can I change the view the game goes to when place subways.  The last NAM allowed this option.

The best solution is to use the DatPacker to compress your SC4 files.  This not only speeds up loading time, but it also reduces the time used returning from the Zones view to almost nothing.

However, if you don't like the way the NAM uses a Zones-based Subway Building View, run the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool and uncheck "Use the New Subway Building View" at the bottom.  If you don't have the TSCT, you can get it by re-running the installer and choosing "Build a custom traffic simulator" under "Traffic Simulator and Related Options".