• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Back to R.C.D. !

Started by Akallan, January 08, 2016, 05:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emanuelfranco0390

Nice, I love everything in that video, so realistic city. Congrats.  :popcorn:

kbieniu7

Oh dear! I haven't been there for a while and when I come back, I see another great leaps in your work! Impressive... hard to say what exactly, because everything is so. Maybe the irregular fields and roads and paths, that are so tiny-detailed and break the grid. Or the little bushes and trees filling each empty space near raillines. Or a stream flowing trough the highway junction.  Or the river in the city with a embankements on both sides and with some rocks and debris inside  :)

I've sen the video. It's nicely done. I like the further view with all that traffic driving on the highway. And the multi-level network crossings in 1:40.

Keep it going!  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Vizoria

Good job! It's always nice to see new, high quality SC4 videos on Youtube.

Akallan

https://www.youtube.com/v/ROp99TNpgWI

Mods used in the video:

For the Rock:
LEX : Plopable Maxis Flora Pack (for the rocks only)
STEX : Murimk MMP Rocks - Pack 1
STEX : Murimk MMP Rocks
STEX : Paeng's Free Waters (for the rocks only)
STEX : Rock 'n' Stones
STEX : VIP RuralPack (for "Mossy Rock" an "Iris pseudacorus seasonal")

For the Water:
STEX : RFR Plopwater

For the Vegetation:
LEX : VIP girafe beeches
LEX : VIP girafe bushes
LEX : VIP girafe cattails
LEX : VIP girafe chestnuts
LEX : VIP girafe daisy
LEX : VIP girafe elms
LEX : VIP girafe lindens
LEX : VIP girafe narcissus
LEX : VIP girafe norway maples
LEX : VIP girafe sparaxis
LEX : RRP Pasture Flora (for "ALN_Grasses","ALN_Grass_green" and "ALN_Yellow Wild Flowers-B")

Replies:

Quote from: vortext on July 22, 2016, 03:34:19 AM
To embed flash you have to tweak the url a bit. This is the original and doesn't work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROp99TNpgWI

Now delete the 'watch?v=' part and instead put /v/ in there, followed by the ID, like this:

Finally surround it by flash tags to set the width & height, like so:

[flash=1024,576]https://www.youtube.com/v/ROp99TNpgWI[/flash]
Thanks for your help! :)

Quote from: Alan_Waters on July 22, 2016, 11:40:18 AM
Quote from: Akallan on July 22, 2016, 03:18:14 AM
Today I published a short video again. This is a "tutorial" that shows how I build as rivers. I hope you will like, the video is accelerated. :)
Absolutely!  &apls &apls &apls
:thumbsup:

Quote from: 11241036 on July 22, 2016, 12:53:12 PM
Great to hear from you again. Your MMP work is really great, and I think that it has been a very good idea to show us a video of how you do your work, although, on a minor note, I would've appreciated it if it weren't accelerated, merely because I can see how you do it, but it was too fast to see which plugins particularly you are using. But my deep congratulations to your work so far. I onnly wish I had more time to play SC4, the last months I either had too much work or I've had to tidy up my Plugins folder.
I'm sorry, it's true she's a little quick video. I did not want it too long either. Then, even if the video was normal speed, you would not have been able to identify my Plugins, because they are all modified (name, description, and the icons. Everything is translated into French). For example, for the bushes of Giraffe, the name of this Plugins is "Bushes", but my home is "Buissons" and the icon is no longer the same as Girafe.

To be forgiven, and the good sense to Vizoria I put you the list of everything that I use during the viedo!

For more information, see on TSC (french): https://www.toutsimcities.com/threads/view/728614/page:14#760340

Quote from: kbieniu7 on July 23, 2016, 04:31:00 AM
As I've said at TSC - really good work with that river! Great plus for the details, such as sand deposition just behind the bridge pillars  :thumbsup:
Thank you! :D

Quote from: Vizoria on July 23, 2016, 11:23:24 AM
Great work with the tutorial; perhaps a list of MMPs will be useful for less experienced SC4 players?
The list was put, thank you your advice! :)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

vortext

To embed flash you have to tweak the url a bit. This is the original and doesn't work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROp99TNpgWI

Now delete the 'watch?v=' part and instead put /v/ in there, followed by the ID, like this:

Finally surround it by flash tags to set the width & height, like so:

[flash=1024,576]https://www.youtube.com/v/ROp99TNpgWI[/flash]
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Alan_Waters

Quote from: Akallan on July 22, 2016, 03:18:14 AM
Today I published a short video again. This is a "tutorial" that shows how I build as rivers. I hope you will like, the video is accelerated. :)
Absolutely!  &apls &apls &apls

Great to hear from you again. Your MMP work is really great, and I think that it has been a very good idea to show us a video of how you do your work, although, on a minor note, I would've appreciated it if it weren't accelerated, merely because I can see how you do it, but it was too fast to see which plugins particularly you are using. But my deep congratulations to your work so far. I onnly wish I had more time to play SC4, the last months I either had too much work or I've had to tidy up my Plugins folder.

kbieniu7

As I've said at TSC - really good work with that river! Great plus for the details, such as sand deposition just behind the bridge pillars  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

Great work with the tutorial; perhaps a list of MMPs will be useful for less experienced SC4 players?

Akallan

Hello everyone,

I wish to inform you that I have a little change my response system. From now on, I will answer your comments on the topic related to your comment. I'm in that way in order to respond to comments immediately.

Before, I was still waiting to answer several comments at the same time (not to make a reply to a comment). If that could be annoying for those who asked me what I use mod or other various issues. They had to wait for anything.

So now, when I see that there is a new comment, I replied as soon as possible in the post which is related to this commentary. :)
My CJ :

kbieniu7

I'm not sure, what exactly do you mean? Do you plan for example to answer for my comments in my thread "Kolbrów", for vortext's in "Aerden" or Vizoria's in his "Scrapbook"? If it is so, I don't think it's a good option. Comments and their replies are an important part of the thread, sometimes making a discussion with results (like links or tips) visible for the whole audience. What is more - what if there is a comment written by somebody, who doesn't have his own Mayor Diary?

I think it's better to stay with "traditional" way of waiting for several comments and replying in this thread. You don't need to wait until you post a full update, but you could write an extra post with just replies :)

Akallan

No no... :D I'll explain it to you, but in French, because my English seriously playing tricks on me! %wrd

French:
En fait, lorsque vous ferez un commentaire à propos de mes images ou vidéos, hé bien je répondrai à votre commentaire dans ce sujet lié. Par exemple: tu commentes à propos de ma vidéo tuto', alors pour te répondre, j'écris la réponse dans le sujet de la vidéo (comme ça déjà été fait si tu vas voir! :) ). Je fais ce système car avant, j'attendais de recevoir plusieurs commentaires avant de répondre, mais quelques fois ça faisait attendre certains qui me demandaient des choses (mods, questions). De cette manière là, je répond au plus vite aux gens, et surtout je n'ai pas besoin de créer une réponse pour un commentaire. :)

En fin de compte, rien ne change vraiment! :)

English:
In fact, when you make a comment about my pictures or videos, well I answer your comment in this related topic. For example: you comment about my video tutorial ', so to answer you, I write the answer in the subject of the video (like this been done so you'll see :)!). I make this system as before, I expected to receive several comments before responding, but sometimes it was expected some asking me things (mods, questions). In this way, I respond as quickly to people, and especially I do not need to create a response to a comment. :)

In the end, nothing really changes! :)
My CJ :

kbieniu7

Ah, ok, now I got it. You mean, you want to respond in the post (message) with the update connected to the comment, you're answering to. Then, I think, it might be a good idea! You may add such "notice" at the bottom of every update, that you're doing so, because not everybody might remember that :)

And don't worry of your English! Sometimes we miss a single word, that mess everything up, it happens to everybody!  :D

Akallan

Fanèse / 18'605 habitants / Under construction

Hello everybody!
I try somehow to play SC4, but it's complicated, because too many bugs since I am the days of Windows updates. The problem will be resolved soon, a friend will completely reinstall my Windows 7! %bur2$

Edit: It's all good, I installed Windows 7 as the orgine configuration! It's wonderful to see my PC as virgin! $%Grinno$%

Meanwhile, since nothing prevents me to play there, here are some pictures of Fanèse! ;D The small village that you see in the pictures is located behind the hill and you can see more of the river. I hope you will like it. ;)

Replies:

Quote from: Themistokles on July 30, 2016, 08:38:16 PM
Wonderful mmp work!  &apls
Thank you! :)
My CJ :

Themistokles

Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Akallan

Thank you Themistokles! :)

Hello everyone,

As you have seen in recent days, I have had problems with backups in SC4. The game crashes when I try to saving my area Dahammas. At first I thought that this could come to Windows 7, so I reinstall entirely. But the problem continue to persist, and then imposes harsh reality: the Dahammas region is corrupt. Somewhat in the same kind of Prop Pox, but this is the whole region is affected and not just one tile.

It has become really difficult to play on the region since. Build his city, and see its efforts to annihilate because a backup that works only half the time, this makes the hard work and slows me.. So I took the decision to stop my work on Dahammas my biggest regret...

That was one year I built this region. All are wiped time for a bug! Anyway, things are done ... It's time to do something else now. I thought again a little something in the same genre as Korver. I like to create scenes with the MMP's and create the most realistic scenery. Create scenes that still have an air of central Europe. Some scenes may be a little more "exotic", we'll see...

With Dahammas I learned many techniques one can see the difference in the quality of work between my first city (Dahammas) and the last (Wardruna), and I'm very happy. Also, in recent months I further manipulates the software modding (although it is still very poor). I learned the best I can!

I will make one last update of Fanèse with some photos to show the (small) party built. And soon a new project to replace one of Dahammas I hope.

Here, I think I more or less said it all. I also want to thank you for all your comments I received and advice. See you soon! :)

Akallan

Here are the latest pictures of R.C.D.!

Replies:

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on August 01, 2016, 02:35:22 AM

It's a sad situation,
but your skill with MMPs
will go further of misfortune!

Thank you very much, I hope so! :)

Quote from: 11241036 on August 01, 2016, 08:10:34 AM
This is a really sad ending :'(. I can understand it, as I'm having much similar trouble with the game freezing while saving and corrupt city tiles. Your MMP and city building skills have really improved quickly imo, I took the liberty of saving some of your last pictures for inspirational purposes. Hope to hear from you later.
Thank you very much. You do not need to save, this topic will never be removed, and I always in case of problems the pictures of R.C.D.
The region also is preserved in a corner of SimCity 4 folder! ;)

Quote from: vortext on August 01, 2016, 10:29:42 AM
That's an unfortunate end for such a promising region.  &mmm

However, your skills have definitely improved over the past year and I for one am looking forward what you come up with next . . realistic central European cities, exotic MMP scenes .. . all sounds good to me! Keep at it!!  :thumbsup: :popcorn:
Hey, careful, I did not say said I will make the cities, only central European landscapes! :D And for exotic landscapes, is yet to be seen. ;)

Quote from: Vizoria on August 01, 2016, 03:47:13 PM
Bummer!

But those are some interesting, and great, MMP pictures and custom lotting pics. So your next MD will look even more interesting and coherent.
Thank you, we'll see, I completely changed style! :)
My CJ :

vinlabsc3k

It's a sad situation,
but your skill with MMPs
will go further of misfortune!

My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

This is a really sad ending :'(. I can understand it, as I'm having much similar trouble with the game freezing while saving and corrupt city tiles. Your MMP and city building skills have really improved quickly imo, I took the liberty of saving some of your last pictures for inspirational purposes. Hope to hear from you later.

vortext

That's an unfortunate end for such a promising region.  &mmm

However, your skills have definitely improved over the past year and I for one am looking forward what you come up with next . . realistic central European cities, exotic MMP scenes .. . all sounds good to me! Keep at it!!  :thumbsup: :popcorn:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Vizoria

Bummer!

But those are some interesting, and great, MMP pictures and custom lotting pics. So your next MD will look even more interesting and coherent.