• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Alba Ceann mu Dheas - Update - January 26th 2014

Started by rambuckel, October 01, 2011, 11:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambuckel

Alba Ceann mu Dheas = Scotland South End

I'm not sure if this is really correct but it sounds good to me.

Well, a short introduction to begin with:

It was one day in June when I asked Franky / Framly for some props in one of his pictures. This was the day when we started to PN. And that was about the day I startet my RP on simforum.de. The story ended up with me creating some Corn Props in the BAT for Framly for the time being.

I wasn't sure whether I should open my RP here as I have never posted here so far. But I read a lot. My favourite is the "Winding River Project" which I discovered recently and which is my actual bedtime reading. Today I found my nickname in bold letters in the "Rondnoir / Beyen RP" and some hint from eufl to my RP on Simforum. First it made me a little bit sheepish  &ops. At least it might be the right moment to open my RP here. I hope you like it.  :)

Let's start: 

This RP takes place on a map of South Scotland. The map is not scaled, but I don't care. It will not be a reconstruction of Scotland. It will be my fantastic Alba. Why? I love Scotland. The 3 holidays I spend there were some oft the best times I had so far. All those quiet places and the quiet manner of the people. The RP – first started without intention to publish anywhere – intends to reflect my wonderful memories of my holidays in Scotland. And it sort of reveals my own development in the "art" of SC4 ...  :)

I tried to find Scottish names for some of my places. For those who speak Gaelic the translations might be a nightmare ... perhaps someone here is able to give me the right translations (?)  ;)

Let me introduce Finola Drummond and Gavin Innes. The two friends took timeout from work to travel Scotland on horseback. The story will show their journey.

The journey starts at ,,Cobair Stables". It used to be the farm of a horsedealer. Nowadays it is a stud on which you will find western riders as well as those who ride in English style. Right now the first participants of a riding competition arrive at the stable.

Let's start southward towards Stranraer and Port Logan. Finola and Gavin pass this little Farm where Farmer McAllister still maintains some cows although he's already in his 80s. If you ask him, you might get some can of fresh milk.

Next our riders pass the fruitfarm of Family Morrisson. On their fields they have Apples, Peaches and a little bit of Wine.

The juice is produced in this restored barn. As organic products are very popular nowadays it not only sold by local shops but also by larger supermarkets.

Finola and Gavin travel on southwards in direction of Stranraer.

Passing the Golf Court:

First they ride tot he little ferry port. Please be so kind to excuse the missing protagonists. The pictures were made before I had the idea with the two riders traveling Scotland.

Some pictures of Stranraer...

... which even has a little industrial estate.

Going on in southwards...

... passing a brewery ....

... and the dairy ....

... on the way to Port Logan ...

...which is surrounded by many farms.

Going onwards in northern direction to a large cattlefarm owned by Gavin's uncle Ryan Innes. It is quite a large business with milk- and slaughtercattles. Our two riders are going to stay for the night.

At the end oft the day our friends go for a walk to the lighthouse of Port Logan to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and breathe the salty air that comes from the open sea.

Slàn leat!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

art128

You're off to a great start!  I liked each pictures here. Also excellent job on that marina.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

carlfatal

I love to see Your pictures here!  &apls
And i think traffic is on the "right" side of the street... :P
From now on i will follow Your story here too,
greetz, Carl

Framly

Welcome on SC4D ;)

One of my favorite SimForum-MD

Nice to have you here, i love your rural pictures.You have a good eye for the small details..

Have fun here and I'm looking forward to more :thumbsup:

Hendrik

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

rooker1

Great start indeed!
I see some really good details, very nice setup and great chioces of custom content.  But where did you get that seawall, I don't recognize it.
I look forward to seeing a lot more.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

rambuckel

@art, eufl, framly: Many thanks for visiting and commenting  :)
@rooker: The Seawalls are from the STEX I guess. They are calles JS Seawalls V3. Creator according to the readme is "JayStimson".

Finola and Gavin had a great breakfast with baked beans and tomatoes, Toast and Bacon and they travel in western direction where Castle Kennedy offers a magnificent view.

Through the entrance ...

... over the court towards the donjon.

Going through the donjon will bring our friends to the castle gardens.

___

The old gravel pit of Stranraer lies directly behind the gardens. Pit and Stone used to be cleaned and cut in that area. As it always used to be a wet pit it's now filled with water. People love to chill on the shores and go fishing on the lake.

___

Leaving Castle Kennedy you'll find yourself in what can be called Stranraer West "Downtown".

___

Some more impressions of Stranraer West:

___

___

After a short ride Finola and Gavin reach Glenluce where they will stay at the B&B of Family Peeples. They will stay a few days to visit Glenluce Beach and Monreith following the shore.

From Stranraer West they turn West directing towards Glenluce. Then turning left, passing Glenluce Abbey ...

... to reach the Farm of Family Peebles.

-

-

As it is around noon they decide to go for a short ride with other guests of the farm.

-

-

-

-

This is where we will travel next time.

Slàn leat!

Uzil

noahclem

Beautiful MD here!  &apls &apls

I've heard your work alluded to in Framly's MD as well but I don't normally visit other website MDs (not enough time), so I'm glad you've decided to share your work here. Welcome to SC4D!

Dantes

I like your MD.  :) Scotland looks at you a lot better and I'm curious what else is everything.  :P I love your style in SimCity.  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Another fantastic and huge update. 
Thank you for that link to Jay's seawalls.  Not too sure how I let those slip through my fingers.
I would make only one suggestion though.....less pictures is some times worth more.  You also won't get burnt out posting so many and will have material for another update.

Just a suggestion.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

rambuckel

@Uzil: Thank you  :)

@noahclem: Thanks a lot for the heartly welcome. I pretty well understand that it is impossible to regularly visit all those nice websites with all those nice MDs. That's the reason why Framly at least was able to convince me to post my MD here.

@Dantes: Thanks a lot  :)

@rooker: Thank you very much. You might be right with the number of pictures. I'm just trying to get up to date with my MD on simforum which I update continiuosly. But I guess you are right.

Let's continue with Finola and Gavin:

As promised some more pictures from the ride which continues passing a ford and a small grainfarm.

__

__

__

__

Along the street lies the village Carscreugh following the shore of a small creek. You also see Carscreugh historic church.

__

__

__

As picturesque as the small village may be Finola and Gavin prefer riding through the fields on which the harvest is in full swing. 

__

They meet some riders who lost control over their horses which cannot wait to race seeing all that free space in front of them. 

On the other side of the creek you can see the small industrial estate of Stranraer West where the recycling yard is located.

__

__

Slàn leat!

carlfatal

I love this little river, also the harvest scenes and how the "former" German houses blend in is wonderful.  &apls
Greetz, Carl

rambuckel

@Carl: Thanks a lot for your comment  :)

Mìle fàilte for the next update which will show the next two trips of Finola and Gavin who still stay at family Peebles' home.

To have some change in their activities they decide not to ride but to play some golf on the court opposite the estate of the Peebles' family.

Next day they start passing the Abbey again ....

... towards Glenluce.

Glenluce is surrounded by mostly Grain Farms. There's just one Cattlefarm that's still there. It is the farm of family Forsyth.

There's a small fishing port at Glenluce and a pier. 

Let's finish with some impressions of the fields surronding Glenluce.

Slàn leat!

DerChrischi

Nice would be an understatement! I like it very well! I'm looking forward to more!
Thank you for your visits to Gloria!  &apls &apls &apls

rooker1

Very good work.
Love the action on your farms.  Makes it all seem a little more real.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Dantes

So many details.  :o I like your real-life images.  :thumbsup: Your scotland looks great.  :)

Kergelen

I like the variety of farming scenes. The 10 image of the 2nd update is very well done with the horses and harvester &apls

Links to SC4 websites

chester

WOW, what great pictures. so much detail, those rural farm pictures are amazing. Great start.

rambuckel

Replies:

@Chrischi, rooker, Dantes, Kergelen, Chester: Thanks for visiting and commenting. I'm glad you liked my pictures.

Welcome Back to Scotland  :)

Following the street at the coast Finola and Gavin travel west from Glenluce ... 

... to Monreith. Monreith is quite a dozy little backwater with a ruin of a medieval lookout which was formerly used to observe the coast. There's also a modern watchtower from which you can sometimes even watch wales  ;). According to legends there used to be a little landing for ships of smugglers.

__

__

__

__

__

Northwest from Monreith you'll find the destillery of Daniel O'Brian who is a good friend of Gavin. He bought the land with buildings that were totally gone rack and ruined and restored them taking great pains to do so. Today there is a little party on the occasion of opening the destillery for public – with an opulent amount of the best Whisky of course  ;D.

__

As they do not want to travel too far after the party, Finola and Gavin decided to camp at Cowan Mill. The woodpath directly leads them to their caming place.

__

Cowan Mill is an old watermill where the wheat from the surrounding fields was once grinded. Nowadays the place is more and more left to decay.

__

__

__

Next time the journey continues north.

Slàn leat!

wallasey

The agricultural theme is well suited to the theme of the MD, well done!