• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TIP: on vista and windows 7 use Virtual PC 2007 with winxp to run SC4 Mapper

Started by justinrpg, August 15, 2010, 02:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

SC4 Mapper doesn't work on Vista and Windows 7 but I was able to install Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and windows XP on Virtual PC and wallah! you can run SC4 Mapper on those computers just make sure you copy the Sim City 4 folder from my documents to the my documents on XP on Virtual PC, to fool SC4 Mapper into thinking you have SC4 on the Virtual PC. (do not install SC4 on the Virtual PC it is too complex of a game for it to run on Virtual PC) to do this... you need to install Virtual PC additions (comes with virtual PC in the File Menu) then you click on share folder and share the sim city 4 document with Virtual PC then copy it to the my documents on XP (virtual PC) install Sc4 mapper, you can share other folders as well, I share another folder just so i can get images from my main to XP (Virtual PC) to get them into SC4 Mapper, the folders shared will appear in MY COMPUTER in XP as Network Drives...

virtual PC 2007 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=04D26402-3199-48A3-AFA2-2DC0B40A73B6&displaylang=en

the only downfall is, you'll somehow need to come up with a Windows XP copy, whether it is on a disc or an iso