• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frdrcklim

Hmmm... yeah I've had that icon on my mass transit option. The GLR with an arrow sign. The thing is that the pre-build thing where the elevated rail thing is supposed to come out isn't coming out. In fact, nothing appears but a red arrow.

BTW, about the gentle road/ rail curves, assuming I have it, where should I find it.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

Shadow Assassin

For the gentle road curves, you'll find them at the end of the tab loop in the road puzzle pieces.

For rail, they're at the end of its respective tab loop, before the Ramp and after the Rail Interchange, if I remember correctly.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

frdrcklim

Hello, I actually found the 45 degree gentle rail curve. Anyway, that's all the curves I found. Sadly, didn't see the road curves in the road puzzle piece. This NAM is self-sufficient in itself right or am I missing something like a missing download.

Yep, I still got it.

JoeST

this was a suggestion found at simtrop for how to make it easier for the NAM team to help people:

Quote from: frdrcklimI have a request. I have difficulty getting some of the latest NAM additions to work. These are mainly the draggable GLR, the avenue roundabouts and finally the all the gentle road/ rail curves except for the 45 degree rail curve. Anyways, I'm thinking it's very hard to explain everything in detail for how to get each of them working so I was thinking if they could give their technical assistance on youtube. The NAM Team could show some of us (and me) where to particularly to find it, how to use it and, if there's a problem, how to get it. I don't know if anyone suggested about it but I just thought about it now and if anyone did suggest it, I'm already looking for it in youtube .

I thought it was an ingenious idea especially if someone could get a program that recorded the screen and also maybe showed what keys were pressed..

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

frdrcklim

Whoa... I didn't think that post would come all the way here lol... I did check youtube and didn't know where and how to begin. :)

Yep, I still got it.

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

frdrcklim, if you're only finding the Rail Curve piece it means either a) you accidentally installed the January 2007 NAM by mistake, or b) you have some January 2007 NAM stuff still in your plugins.

The Rail Smooth Curve piece was actually added by memo into the January NAM--the Road ones were added in June.

I'd suggest maybe deleting your NAM folder and re-installing it with the version up on the LEX. 

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

frdrcklim

Tarkus,

I decided to take your advice and I installed the one at the LEX and uninstalled mine. For some reason, when the NAM installation was running, the date 12.24.06 appeared. I immediately thought it was the old NAM but I continued anyway. To my surprise, I was wondering where the files are placed. It finally hit me, I remembered that before I uninstalled the June NAM, I remembered I had two NAM folders and the second folder is where the 12.24.06 was placed. Why did I keep that folder you might ask? Well, it was because of the Euro modd textures I downloaded before. So now, I have to ask:

1. Is the Euro road modd the cause of this problem I had?
2. I like the Euro road (double yellow line roads got me bored), is there anyway I could keep it?
3. Is there a Euro road modd for the June NAM 2007 assuming I can't keep it?

Yep, I still got it.

frdrcklim

To add to my last post, I also saw an RHW v13 file. I'm thinking there is the RHW in the June 2007 NAM. It's incredible and I'm hoping this is the cause.

Yep, I still got it.

Tarkus

Hi frdrcklim, to answer your question about the Euro Road mod, it's just a texture mod, so it doesn't affect any of the internal workings on the NAM (the RUL files) so it will work fine with the June NAM.  There hasn't been an update to it since the version you got.  Folder placement will have a large effect on it working, though, with the game's alphabetical load order.  I'd suggest putting it in the Network Addon Mod\Plugins folder, and if that doesn't work, then try creating a Network Addon Mod\z-Euro Texture Mod folder. 

And with the RHW, if the file says "v13" on it, that would be either version v13 or v13a, which were released in April 2007, and as such, are not compatible with the June NAM.  However, a new version, v13b, was released in June simultaneously with the June NAM, which can be found here.  In order for the new RHW version to function, you'll also need an updated NAM Controller file, with the central RULs.  The required update can be found in the NAM Essentials-June 2007 Version package, here.  It will also update the Bridge Controller, allowing the custom bridges currently available to function.

If you are planning on using the Street Addon Mod (SAM) by jplumbley (which adds capabilities for multiple street textures to co-exist), found here, it further updates the NAM Controller file, so you'd need to install it after installing the RHW and NAM Essentials.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

vistla

I've had the latest version of the NAM installed since it first came out but havn't really had time to play SC4 in a few months, as my employer is part of some cosmic conspiracy to try to work me to death. Anyways, I just noticed that I'm missing the avenue Y-stack interchange (I have all the rest of them, of course), but I thought that this was a bit strange. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, what can be done about it? I would greatly appreciate any advice on the subject, as it's one of my favorites. Also, has anyone attempted to make a highway version of the same interchange?

Tarkus

Hi vistla-

In the June NAM, the Avenue Y-Stack has been moved from the "Avenue Puzzle Pieces" to a new "Avenue Intersections" button, where you can also find the new Avenue Roundabouts (which are pictured on the icon).

As far as a highway version, I believe there was one attempt a couple of years ago, which never got anywhere.  If you use the RHW, though, there's a new version (v20) in the works, which will include a Modular Interchange System (MIS), which you'll be able to utilize to produce vast numbers of fully-customized interchanges.

Hope that answers your questions.

-Alex (Tarkus)

VeTram

-NAM (Windows) version June 2007  Core Files is the first download for starting to install NAM from the beginning,  YES or NO?
-During the installlation , i dont understand what is ANT Plugin and if i must choose it or not , and also which in your opinion is the most realistic option to choose in Automata Controller files , and Traffic Controller files?  %confuso...thanx
-Finally if i change my mind later on , can i run installer again and choose another option without problem?? %confuso
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

capo

Quote from: VeTram on November 21, 2007, 01:28:46 AM
-NAM (Windows) version June 2007  Core Files is the first download for starting to install NAM from the beginning,  YES or NO?
-During the installlation , i dont understand what is ANT Plugin and if i must choose it or not , and also which in your opinion is the most realistic option to choose in Automata Controller files , and Traffic Controller files?  %confuso...thanx
-Finally if i change my mind later on , can i run installer again and choose another option without problem?? %confuso

All your questions can be easily answered with just reading the provided read me (a box with "show read me" will be highlited after installing NAM). May I suggest you first have a look at the read-me before you post your questions next time? But to answer your questions this time:

* Yes, first you install the NAM June version.
* ANT: This file contains the modified files of an Additional Network Tool that Maxis left incomplete & non-activated in the games files. As at the time of writing, this item was still in beta. The plugin has been adapted for the usage with the RHW (Rural Highway mod), which can be downloaded separately. (from the read-me). The most realistic option to use for the automata + traffic files is the radical one, but make sure your computer can handle it!!
* You should remove the NAM before re-installing. You can either delete the whole NAM map in your plugins folder, or choose to remove the software through the remove software option in windows.

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

VeTram

thanx for the informations capo....now after installing the above NAM (Windows) version June 2007 , should i also download Network Addon Mod Essentials by the NAM Team - Version June 2007???   or its the same? %confuso
if must install should i unistall first the NAM (windows) version 2007? %confuso
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

capo

The NAM Essentials is an update for some of the NAM core files

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

VeTram

capo , should i uninstall the NAM (Windows) version June 2007 , or should i simple run the update? ( NAM Essentials) %confuso

RippleJet

The NAM Essentials contains the RUL and INI files that you must install, after you've installed the ordinary NAM files.
Do not uninstall the NAM before installing the Essentials, they are both required.

The reason they have been separated is that they need to be updated every time a new RHW, TLA, SAM, or other addon is released.
Keeping them in a separate download reduces the size of the files you need to redownload whenever such an addon is uploaded.

VeTram

ok i just installed the NAM Essentials , should i do anything else?  thanx RippleJet
and something more...where i can find stations for GLR , that is already contained in NAM GLR patch for stations...? what if i dont download all the stations? will be empty icons in misc trans menu?

RippleJet

Quote from: VeTram on November 21, 2007, 03:53:29 AM
where i can find stations for GLR , that is already contained in NAM GLR patch for stations...? what if i dont download all the stations? will be empty icons in misc trans menu?

You should only install the patches for those GLR stations you have. Otherwise you will indeed have empty icons in your menu.

Although Vester_DK isn't updating the thread anymore, the GLR stations thread is still the best source.
Be sure to download only those that have a patch available for the latest NAM! ;)