• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseyazad

I finally got this intersection to look decent, being that it's all diagonal it took me a while.  But after many in-game years, the stupid little simmies won't drive on or under the overpass!  They go backwards and turn around at another exit, and then drive around it on the MIS.  I feel a bit insulted, after the hours I spent building it just for them.  The diagonal puzzle pieces are supposed to be functional, as in, not just eye candy, I assume.  Is my RHW broken at the over pass or something?  I tried "drawpaths" and found no interruptions in the little green lines, I tried bulldozing the whole overpass and placing the pieces again, and I tried a search for "diagonal rhw overpass puzzle pieces" but found nothing relevant to the situation.  I'm still trying out my hand with the RHW, which is really fun, but I've hit a block here.  The other thing is that this was a completely different intersection before I rebuilt it this way, and I rebuilt it because of the same problem.  Either something doesn't work the way I think it does, or I just don't get it.  One interesting point is that there are pedestrians who, according to the route query, walk right up the ramp and then jump down onto the one-way road.  They don't drive over the overpass either.

Chrisim

The DrawPath display shows two situations with incorrect paths. They are marked with a red cross.

For the tile border running top-right to bottom-left, the blue lines show crosses, but the green lines are continuous. This means they are in opposite directions. Try plopping the piece in opposite direction

Korot

I assume that when he placed them, he put special attention at the yellow lines on the left side of the RHW (inner border side), and I think that when placed in opposite direction, the yellow lines will not match up, causing other issues.

ramseyazad

Yes exactly, I tried to put the overpass "backwards" i.e. the yellow lines on the RHW didn't line up, but that just messed up the RHW.   Since it's a 2-way road over a one-way hwy, there is only one orientation that fits.  I couldn't get any diagonal overpasses over rhw to work.  If it's my ineptitude it's fine, I rebuilt the intersection to be at right angles.  I just thought the people who made the puzzle pieces would want to know.  Thanks for pointing out the path problems!  I never would have noticed it.  I was looking for breaks in the green lines. 

With my newfound knowledge of finding issues with "drawpaths" I noticed that many of my overpasses over rhw-4 have this same problem - not just the diagonal ones.  Is this supposed to happen, i.e. have I neglected to read some info about the rhw puzzle pieces or is something just broken in my plugins?  And thanks again Chrism because that has helped me solve several transit mysteries in my current favorite city.

Korot

Well, as you are from the USA, you don't drive on the left-hand side, and you probably aren't stupid enough to still have selected the LHD option when installing, have you? This might, perhaps, explain why on these pieces the paths are the wrong way 'round. I think I'll have to have a look at it myself to see if I can find this issue aswell, if I do, it is a problem on the NAM side, if I don't, you probably did something wrong when you installed it.

ramseyazad

I  tried to find any LHD plugin that might have snuck into the plugins folder - couldn't find any - and just to be sure I reinstalled NAM.  The only difference I noticed was that I downloaded NAM essentials just before the april update.  Now I'm up-to-date  :satisfied: It wouldn't make sense, however, since all my otho/ortho overpasses work properly (right hand driving) and even the diagonal road/ortho RHW overpasses work properly, it's just that one (or two?) puzzle piece that seems to be bass-ackwards.  I did notice that the one-way rhw overpasses seem to be pathed like two-way roads.  This doesn't seem right either, and maybe it's a clue to something I've installed that messed things up? 
Thanks again, for all the NAM work.  It's being used, and loved!

Korot

Last time I looked at the OWR overpasses, they were impossible to place, without trying millions of times, but that was before the NAM March 2009 update, but it makes sense that they are pathed both ways on both lanes, as that is the only way allowing someone to place the pieces properly first time round, without any guessing as whether or not the OWR is facing the right direction. Well, there is another way, which is arrows on the road way visible during placement. As for the problem here, diagonal road x diagonal RHW-4, it apparently is a NAM issue, and I still haven't found time to see if I have it aswell.

CaptCity

Just noticed the same issue within a city of mine. Thought I would post a pic of just the pieces themselves. These are the four Diag Road over Diag RHW4 pieces...

Looks like the paths go in the same direction on the 'upper' Road sections, which would lead to the opposing paths in ramseyazad's picture above...

JoeST

Hey, got a small-ish problem. I felt like starting up the game after a while without it. Tried to get the NAM and its various many plugins, but as I dont run windows (anywhere) I am kinda stumped....

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Andreas

Joe, what exactly is your problem? All NAM components that come with an installer based on the Nullsoft Installer System (which allows optional components), a "Mac" version is available, which is basically a simple ZIP file, which should be compatible with any operating system.
Andreas

JoeST

ahh, it doesnt matter, the game doesnt work anyway.

I couldnt find the Essentials file in zip format, but I didnt look that hard.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Une_ame

I got a little pb with the NAM. I'm quite sure I'm not the first to talk about it but I've been unsuccesfull to find where the subject has already been treated so..

I would like to recreate this ....

When I try to drag an El-Train track over a piece of water, I always have the same red line showing that this is impossible whatever the size of the water is.

Is there a pb within the game that prevent it or does the NAM team ( &apls) already solve this ???

TY
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Andreas

Quote from: JoeST on April 28, 2009, 11:36:42 AM
I couldnt find the Essentials file in zip format, but I didnt look that hard.

Well, FileJuicer should be able to extract the DATs, but I heard that it has problems to recognize the filenames occasionally, which might get confusing if you only want to update one Controller file. You can do some size comparisons with an existing NAM installation, though, or simply ask someone from the NAM Team if he could send you a ZIP file. :)
Andreas

Tarkus

ramseyazad, I've just created a "Version 3.23 patch" for the RHW which fixes the pathing issue you spotted.  It's linked at the bottom of my post here.  Hope that helps, and thanks for finding it!

-Alex

ramseyazad

Hey thanks!  You people are pretty amazing with the mods and the improving of the game and all.  I can't even really take credit for spotting it, just playing with it until I found a broken part.   &hlp

Swesim

I just tried to install the RAM, but I acn´t get the STR to work, I just get the "red arrow" problem, so I went back and checked that I had the correct essentials installed. I found that the essentials was outdated (downloaded in february) so I redownloaded the essentials and updated it using the autoinstallation feature, but nothing has changed.
The FARR and T-RAM however works perfectly which makes me a bit puzzled...
I also noted that both RAM-files on the LEX is named with MAC, so I downloaded my RAM from Simcitykurier just to be safe...
SHould I try a complete reinstallation of the NAM or is there something else I should look for in terms of old files that might interfere with the RAM?

Andreas

I accidentially uploaded the Mac ZIP file as Windows version in the first place, but corrected that later. The LEX keeps the filename when updating the download, though, but you should find an EXE installer inside the ZIP file for the Windows version. Anyway, if you can't get the STR to work, you have an outdated NAM controller somewhere in your plugins folder. The "last modified" date of the "NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat" should read April 13th, 2009. Try the usual procedure for determining file conflicts, as described in the "read me first" document of the NAM.
Andreas

Swesim

Will do, I´ll get back to You if the problem persists...

BrenMan_94

I have a problem with the way my RHW looks.  When I create an on/off-ramp, it looks just fine, but when I go to put something right beside the on/off-ramp (ex: PEG Seasonal Tree lots) the on/off-ramp changes its appearance and spawn a random texture to the right of the ramp.  Though this doesn't affect actual gameplay, it looks quite tacky and off-putting when viewing my cities.  Does anyone know of a fix for this?  ()what()