• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atilla5

Quote from: j-dub on February 03, 2009, 01:58:36 PM
Atilla 5, are you getting blank spots in the rail road menu where those pieces are suppose to be? Lately, I hate to say, there have been alot of RUL conflicts with more people developing new things at once, unaware someone else had that string before them. If so, there could be some other related mod interfering thats outdated.

no i haven't but thanks for the concern!!  ;) i just didn't notice the menu their before

z

I am currently making a lot with the cobblestone ped mall texture that I obtained from NetworkAddonMod5.dat, but I found that it is noticeably darker than the cobblestone texture used for underground rail under ped mall.  Why is this?  Is there somewhere I can get a matching texture?

Andreas

Textures for puzzle pieces need to be darker, as the game brightens every texture that is mapped onto a true 3D model. I think the old cobblestone texture templates are still out there, though, maybe someone still has them on his HD.
Andreas

ebina

Quote from: z on February 05, 2009, 03:55:55 AM
I am currently making a lot with the cobblestone ped mall texture that I obtained from NetworkAddonMod5.dat, but I found that it is noticeably darker than the cobblestone texture used for underground rail under ped mall.  Why is this?  Is there somewhere I can get a matching texture?
Could you try 0x30360000-4 in SFBT_ArkenbergeJoe_Texturen.dat come with the SFBT Essentials? I hope it is what you are looking for.

deathtopumpkins

Anybody else getting a CTD when they hover a FLUP piece over another FLUP piece?  &mmm Specifically hovering the straight road under transparent texture one over the transition one. No, there aren't any TE'd lots nearby, and yes I'm sure it was actually a FLUP and not one of Marrast's underpass lots.  ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Dexist

Quote from: Dexist on February 04, 2009, 02:59:16 AM

Why does the traffic not use the left lane of this avenue over a groundhighway intersection?
(traffics uses both lanes at normal avenue over ghw(without ramps) )

on a interesection with ramp with avenue and Elevetated Highway, they will drive on both lanes but not all, just like half of the traffic use the left lane  and half is disapeering
&mmm ()sad() &mmm ()sad() :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

and if i drive it myself in a car i also can not use the left lane.... i just disapear..
and normal traffic(not spawned as in the screen) does the same

Andreas

Quote from: ebina on February 05, 2009, 06:24:43 AM
Could you try 0x30360000-4 in SFBT_ArkenbergeJoe_Texturen.dat come with the SFBT Essentials? I hope it is what you are looking for.

Cool, I didn't know that ArkenbergeJoe made a texture for lots from that one, but it does make sense, as there are diagonal filler lots for the pedmall puzzle pieces in T Wrecks' diagonal filler set. :)
Andreas

dx340

Haljackey: thanks for your answer, but the problem is that I plop a starter piece to build a RHW-4 and then, when I try to drag it by using the RHW-2 draggable piece, the texture doen´t change.

Example:
I want to create a RHW-4
- I plop a RHW-4 starter piece.
- Then I try to draw the network using the RHW tool and starting in from the starte piece. (I supposed that is the RHW-2)
- Finally I see that the texture doesn´t change and it is still the RHW-2 instead of the RHW-4.

Thanks.

Haljackey

Quote from: dx340 on February 05, 2009, 11:01:09 AM
Haljackey: thanks for your answer, but the problem is that I plop a starter piece to build a RHW-4 and then, when I try to drag it by using the RHW-2 draggable piece, the texture doen´t change.

Example:
I want to create a RHW-4
- I plop a RHW-4 starter piece.
- Then I try to draw the network using the RHW tool and starting in from the starte piece. (I supposed that is the RHW-2)
- Finally I see that the texture doesn´t change and it is still the RHW-2 instead of the RHW-4.

...And you still can't do it? 

Here's a last resort.  I remember someone made a video how to build a RHW.  Perhaps a visual demonstration can help you where posts, FAQs and readmes cannot.

Let me see if I can dig up the video for you.  It was made with RHW 2.0, but the concept remains the same with 3.0.

Link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REH8OfL_5EE

Hope this helps!

Best,
-Haljackey

Jonathan

That actually looks like the RUL file 10000002 (the one that has the override RULs) is either not there or outdated, which isn't possible unless you have opened the file: "NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat" and removed or modifiyed it.

Try downloading the Mac version of the NAM, then copy the Controller into your Network Addon Mod fodler in your plugins, replacing the one in there at the moment.

Jonathan

dx340

Haljackey:

My problem is in the second 16 of the video. When you place the starter pieces and then using the normal piece you dragg the network. In my game it doesn´t happen, the texture doesn´t change...

I don´t know what to do =(

thanks.

choco

- completely empty your plugins folder....

- install only NAM and RHW using the files you downloaded first.  try to make a RHW in a sandbox city.

- if it works, you have a conflicting plugin.  if it doesn't, the download is corrupted.   

Haljackey

Quote from: dx340 on February 05, 2009, 11:29:56 AM
Haljackey:

My problem is in the second 16 of the video. When you place the starter pieces and then using the normal piece you dragg the network. In my game it doesn´t happen, the texture doesn´t change...

I don´t know what to do =(

Well, don't worry, we're not going to give up on this.  :P

Have you tried what Jonathan (Warrior) suggested? 
-I would also suggest a clean reinstall of the Jan 09 NAM and RHW 3.0.  There must be a conflicting file in your plugins that is causing this problem, perhaps its the file Jonathan indicated. 

Give that a try and see what happens.  Hope it helps!

Best,
-Haljackey

dx340

Well. i reinstalled the Nam and the RHW 3.0 and i moved to another folder all the other plugins, it works. Now I know that there is a plugin conflict...

I will try to find which is causing the conflict.

This is a mess =P

TwistedMentat

I have an instance id conflict similar to those pointed out by MAS san on page 47.  My preferred mass transit station is Brenda Xne's Modern Bus and Subway (MBS) station.  There are several other bus stops and subway stations available, and I do use them occasionally, but I have plopped thousands of these MBS stations throughout my various regions due to the ability to conveniently upgrade my transit networks with subways "on the fly" without having to free up additional tiles.  The in-game problem occurs on zooms 4 and 5 while viewing the building from the front.  I also just noticed an oddly-shaped shadow cast in the wrong direction on the westward-facing model.

This is what I see at zoom 3:

The following pics are zooms 4 and 5:

The technical problem arises from an instance id for one of the new NAM highway interchanges in NetworkAddonMod4.dat which duplicates an iid (0x000a0400) used in the MBS model by Brenda Xne.

The station still functions properly, so I'm in no hurry -- this is merely a cosmetic issue.  Besides, the new NAM and RHW have provided me with plenty of new toys to keep me entertained for quite a while!  Thank you to everyone who applied their time and knowledge to these projects.

Andreas

Well, as mentioned before, we fixed the issue already, but apparently, I haven't uploaded the updated file to the LEX so far - I've been incredible busy over the last few weeks, and have barely touched SC4 at all. The IDs of the pieces you pointed out are fixed in my copy of the file, though. I guess the NAM Team should look through all the errors that have been posted over the last few days and compile a bugfix for those.
Andreas

Tropod

Quote from: Dexist on February 04, 2009, 02:59:16 AM

Why does the traffic not use the left lane of this avenue over a groundhighway intersection?
(traffics uses both lanes at normal avenue over ghw(without ramps) )

on a interesection with ramp with avenue and Elevetated Highway, they will drive on both lanes but not all, just like half of the traffic use the left lane  and half is disapeering
&mmm ()sad() &mmm ()sad() :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

If you remove the texture plugin that you're using (& anything else network related, just to make sure), AND this junction (should?) reverts back to an avenue/highway junction without the road joining in the middle like that (where it doesn't work):
It's high probability that you need to have the game patched/updated properly. This is the only reason I can think of off-hand that would cause this to happen.

shadd0w09

I got a bug with nam 09 the preivious nam did not do thiss bug

Swamper77

Shaddow,

Did you install the Raised Rail Conversions from the LEX recently?
If so, that is probably my fault that this issue happened. I'll get it fixed ASAP.

EDIT: The Raised Rail Conversions on the LEX have been updated to resolve this issue.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

alexr19

Ok, this is a stupid question but where are the Avenue Curves in-game? I see they're installed in my plugins folder, and I see the road curves...but no avenues? Am I blind?