• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM ##intersection placement string missing## problem

Started by SimCity V6, September 18, 2011, 08:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimCity V6

I'm having a problem with the Network Widening Mod.
The puzzle pieces say ##intersection placement string missing##  :'(
and when I place them on the road,
(I use the right type of road, ex. MAVE-4 on avenue, the matching road) the road turns invisible (You could still see on your city map), like when I place it on a unconnected road, then it turns invisible and you can only see the two endpoints of the road.

When I demolish the roads, it like, costs money!  :P
On the NWM support topic, someone asked this and Tarkus replied about the outdated NAM controller. Where is the outdated NAM controller, and I think it will destroy the NAM and its components!  ()what()

Besides, I did not download the NAM from SC4 Devotion or Simtropolis. I downloaded it from somewhere.

Any help?

P.S. The NWM pieces are mixed up. (ex. NWM starter pieces in NWM transitions.)

Edit 11.05.12: Fixed a punctuation error. "$Deal"$ I figured this out back in February, downloaded all the NAM stuff from the LEX, the official place for all this. I also downloaded the updated versions of all these mods, and I realized that my NAM is from Jan. 2009 (I think).

Sorry for the long edit, but oh well.  ;)

Indiana Joe

Sounds like you didn't download an updated NAM.  My advice:  remove EVERYTHING that is NAM related from your plugins folder, and re-download it all.  The NAM Version 30, The NWM Version 2.0, and, you know, the RHW, HSRP, and whatever else you want.  And this time download it all from right here on the LEX (NAM is not available on Simtropolis anymore).

joshua43214

Yep, you have a borked download.

Downloading the NAM stuff from any where but here is asking for trouble, especialy when it contains "tweaks" that are supposed to make it better. You are depending on a third party to keep the files updated, and there is really no reason for it. I think it took me all of two minutes to follow the links and complete the download of the latest NAM, NWM, and RHW.

Uninstal (not delete) NAM, NWM, RHW, then delete all the folders that contained them. Do a clean install starting with NAM. Don't download third party (fourth party?) fixes for NAM. Win!

SimCity V6

Quote from: Indiana Joe on September 18, 2011, 08:55:45 AM
Sounds like you didn't download an updated NAM.  My advice:  remove EVERYTHING that is NAM related from your plugins folder, and re-download it all.  The NAM Version 30, The NWM Version 2.0, and, you know, the RHW, HSRP, and whatever else you want.  And this time download it all from right here on the LEX (NAM is not available on Simtropolis anymore).

What about roads with the mods in my cities? Will I lose them after uninstalling and will they come back after re-installing?   ()what() I hope so.

Tarkus

Quote from: SimCity V6 on September 18, 2011, 08:39:25 AM
Besides, I did not download the NAM from SC4 Devotion or Simtropolis. I downloaded it from somewhere.

The only other official distribution sites are the German site SimCityKurier (which doesn't yet have the new NAM) and ModDB (where I personally uploaded it the other day).  If you downloaded it from anywhere else (especially from any sort of filesharing service), unfortunately, you're out of luck as far as getting any official tech support, as there's no telling how badly the distributor botched up the installation. 

Quote from: SimCity V6 on September 18, 2011, 12:57:50 PM
What about roads with the mods in my cities? Will I lose them after uninstalling and will they come back after re-installing?   ()what() I hope so.

That really depends on how badly the version you downloaded was mangled.  If transitions were showing up under the starter pieces and vice-versa, it's possible they changed some IIDs around, which would really screw things up.

Quote from: Indiana Joe on September 18, 2011, 08:55:45 AM
NAM is not available on Simtropolis anymore.

It will be at Simtropolis as soon they make the necessary arrangements to allow it to be uploaded.  There's a 20MB filesize cap on the STEX we can't get around.  Dirk lifted the limit for us with ST 6.0, but once the site got upgraded, the limit went back into effect. 

-Alex

SimCity V6

Quote from: Tarkus on September 18, 2011, 01:58:32 PM
That really depends on how badly the version you downloaded was mangled.  If transitions were showing up under the starter pieces and vice-versa, it's possible they changed some IIDs around, which would really screw things up.

-Alex

I downloaded the NAM from probably Megaupload when I didn't want to sign up for any SimCity file exchange, however the NAM puzzle pieces are all fine, and note that I downloaded the RHW, NWM and other transit mods from the LEX and STEX. However, the puzzle pieces in the other mods listed are somehow mixed up...

One more thing: Why do they change IIDs around on other sites?

MOREOPTIONS

Good day,  I have notice that a few have trouble with intersections. All my NAM comes from SC4D site.  am using SC4DRH.  if there happens to be a fix it other than cleanitol to get intersection when using NWM or even HWY's,, something about the sting being missing.  I have un installed everything and started over. as i had not played sim city for a long time, and have had to replace much of my files;  so i have downloaded the newest NAM addons.  and the patches i have seen up till 2012 April one.  the problem comes from the NWM I think. but should I ask what's really a miss here.  welcome to share a fix with me pelase. thank you kindly. as I really enjoyed using the old ones before and had no trouble...  &hlp ()what()

GOOD NEWS,   I did a little trouble shooting,  my work around, I replaced the NWM with the MAC vertion,  ran the game,, and all is fixed.  also used the MAC patch....   all networks are working smoothly now...  something must be a miss in the PC ........exe file installer. 

MandelSoft

MegaUpload is not one of the official distribution points of the NAM. You probably got an outdated version, which is unsupported. Try to get one from the official exchanges (LEX, SimCity Kurier, STEX, ModDB). There's a whole lot of nice stuff too on these exchanges. It's not worth it not to register at at least one of them (STEX and/or LEX).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

MOREOPTIONS

Quote from: MandelSoft on August 21, 2012, 07:58:47 AM
MegaUpload is not one of the official distribution points of the NAM. You probably got an outdated version, which is unsupported. Try to get one from the official exchanges (LEX, SimCity Kurier, STEX, ModDB). There's a whole lot of nice stuff too on these exchanges. It's not worth it not to register at at least one of them (STEX and/or LEX).

Thank you for the thought,   all I had downloaded from here.   not from any MegaUpload...  by the way. Thank you for the idea of looking in the other sites for other good things to add in my game.   take cae. :thumbsup: " ;D