• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Harbor Terrain?

Started by Alky, May 30, 2013, 07:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alky

Ok, it's been a while since I used SimCity4 and almost zero time with SC4TF.  Making the terrain just right for ferry terminals, sea terminals etc., is a royal pain in-game. I thought the solution would be simple with SC4TF after reading wouanagaine's post http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14.0 where he describes altering the terrain with a "harbor tool" in SC4TF.  My problem starts with his first instruction...
"We save and name the city just to get a easy picking time in SC4TF
Now we run SC4TF and open the region."

I see nothing in SC4TF that opens a region much less a harbor tool. 
I looked at the SC4TF Tutorial and I see nothing there that loads a region, or a city. 
Can someone suggest what I could use/read to easily modify the harbor terrain?
The in-game tools are very inconsistent for lowering, raising or leveling terrain.
Thanx for any help  :)
George "Alky" Fisher

Reform

I use PEG CDK Leveler with GodMode Terraforming Menu for harbors. You can get them from STEX.

noahclem

I haven't done much harbor leveling but i do a lot of leveling for other stuff. My tools of choice are:
-The raiser/digger puzzle pieces introduced in NAM31--an absolute live-saver and must-have
-Plopping numerous single tiles of road or rail to level
-Using the Mayor Mode leveling tool. Shift+click gives it much more radius and power while CTRL+(number value) shrinks it to a smaller size based on the number you choose (I usually use 1 or 3 when doing leveling I only want to affect one tile at a time).

I prefer the mayor mode to god mode leveler because the latter seems not to leave things as uniformly flattened as the former. There are more options with the mayor mode leveler but my existing tools work well enough for me that I don't bother to mess with anything else.

Good luck  :thumbsup:

Alky

Quote from: Reform on May 31, 2013, 09:50:06 AM
I use PEG CDK Leveler with GodMode Terraforming Menu for harbors. You can get them from STEX.
Thanx!!  That worked as advertised  :)
George "Alky" Fisher

whatevermind

I know you found a solution already, but I can't help wanting to help you get SC4TF working as well, it's just too useful a program!

Quote from: Alky on May 30, 2013, 07:57:09 PM
I see nothing in SC4TF that opens a region much less a harbor tool. 

When you run SC4TF, two windows open initially - the readme, and a second window that shows a folder structure from which you select your region. You can't really load the program without opening a region in the process. Additionally, once you're in the program, you can switch to a different region by clicking File >> Open a region... in the main editor window.

The harbor tool is located under the Zone Tools flyout in the tool menu that you'll see on your left. Just expand Zone Tools and you'll see the harbor tool near the bottom. The Draw tool (also under Zone Tools) is another really useful tool if you want something (such as a harbor) at an exact and specific elevation.

Good luck!