• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Masking in BAT

Started by Diggis, February 09, 2013, 10:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

I'm working on a bridge for my streams, which has an open balustrade.  I need items to be visible as though they were under the bridge, not not show up through the balustrade. Is there a way to create a mask that will hide the water under the bridge, but not render?

callagrafx

Can't visualise what you're trying to achieve... Could you post an example?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

MTT9

You can call me Matt

Diggis

Quote from: MTT9 on February 09, 2013, 11:21:15 AM
Not sure what meant but Jasoncw made a tutorial at simtropolis...
http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/4778-jasons-bats-tutorials/page-75#entry1291514
Hope it helps :)

You know, I think it might. I'll give it a go and see if it works.  :thumbsup:

Girafe

Click right, properties, hide to caméra
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Diggis

Quote from: Girafe on February 09, 2013, 01:26:51 PM
Click right, properties, hide to caméra

No, that's not going to achieve what I was after.

Here's what I'm modelling. I wanted everything the other side of the railing to not show in the render, as that will be a road tile.  However, I need the water to show under the bridge. I can hide the bridge supports from the camera so they only show in the reflection (Anal I know, it doesn't really show up in game, but I'll and lighting under there too, which does.) I did try removing the water back just enough so it showed, but it's different for each camera angle.

Applying a plane based on Jasoncw's tutorial (thanks MTT9) I was able to generate this. The alpha matches the image.

And in game:

MTT9

Great! So, can we expect a new addition to your streams set?
You can call me Matt

Diggis

Quote from: MTT9 on February 09, 2013, 02:56:46 PM
Great! So, can we expect a new addition to your streams set?

Looking at the dates on some of these files I started these in 2009... so maybe.  &Thk/(   And thanks for the tip. You're a lifesaver.