• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3 questions to Andreas

Started by Alan_Waters, August 23, 2017, 11:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_Waters

I use in the game "MoonLite Side Walk Texture Super Light Asphalt Mod" and "Sudden Valley Terrain Mode" from Gobias.

Questions:

1. Installed "SFBT Pond Plaza Set by T Wrecks", but the texture of the asphalt from Maxis. Can this mod be made to use the basic asphalt texture that I use (SLA)?

2. Installed "SFBT PreFab Filler Lots by Sam Johnson", and, as you can see in the picture, the lot with the straight line uses the texture of my SLA, all the other lots use a texture similar to the Maxis texture. Can this be fixed?

3. All lots of parks from the SFBT use different textures of grass, different from the texture that I use in the game I (SV). Can these textures be made transparent or at least unified?

In advance thanks for the answer.

Tyberius06

Hi!

@Alan_Waters.
Have you tried MGB204's mods? The TNG (Terrain Grass NAM) replaces all the maxis textures (I think) with your terrain mod texture (there is a few different TNG Mod according to your Terrain Mod. You need to install the Sudden Valley one). Or you can give a try to the NGN (No Grass NAM), which turns every roadside grass onto sidewalk texture, in this case grey asphalt. As I know the TNG contains some override for basic BSC textures, but you can keep these override files only and use the NGM besides it. In the future he will release a massive mod called SWN (Side Walk NAM), which has several custom texture override as well. About the plaza lot. I guess, T Wrecks used a modified white texture there, not the basic Maxis one. In Lot Editor you can change that base texture (If the white one is the base texture and not the red one) easily. Also I can recomend the use of C.P.'s SCILT mod... I think the fillers has the same issue, those white textures are overlays, so the sidewalk mod won't be affecting on them. Since I lost these stuff 2 weeks ago, and I didn't have time to download all of these stuffs I can't check them deeper.

I hope it's helping a bit.
But probably Andreas can give you more accurate information about these stuffs. :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Alan_Waters

Tyberius, TGN (Terrain Grass NAM) and C.P.'s SCILT mod have been installed, and NGN, when TGN is installed, according to the MGB204, is no longer relevant.

Thanks for the help!

Andreas

As a general rule of thumb, most SFBT lots use either Maxis textures or those from common texture sets, such as BSC Textures Vol. 1 etc. We made some custom additions to the Maxis textures in particular, which can be found in the SFBT Essentials. Check the various files with "Texturen" in the name that are installed into the "\SFBT_Props" folder (common place for all SFBT Props, Textures and other shared resources).

If you're using a mod that replaces the Maxis textures, you have to modify our texture additions from the SFBT Essentials download (spread over a handful of files from different authors, I can't tell you where exactly you find them). The easiest way to identify them is opening the lot file(s) with the Lot Editor or PIM-X, write down the texture ID and then check the texture DATs for those. Extract the FSHs and edit them to your liking, then import them into a new DAT that overrides the SFBT one, using the same IDs.
Andreas

Alan_Waters

Many thanks to Andreas for the quick and comprehensive answer! Most likely this is the simplest and right way, but I'm an ordinary user of the game and I can not use "Lot Editor" and "PIM-X". I was hoping there was an easier way. Anyway, thanks for the help!

mgb204

From the perspective of the sidewalk textures, I'm sure the resources I use for my mods do cover those pieces with overrides. However since you aren't using my mods, that's not going to help you. I know you say you can't mod things, but I do have an automated solution for re-creating these overrides for SLA (or other sidewalks), but it does require a little effort from you to realise.

The grass textures can not be made transparent without triggering the "Water Bug", no lots can show transparency correctly without tricks. TGN doesn't currently support every grass texture there is, the specific ones with dirt are very hard to replace just the grass parts. That said, Rivit did come up with a solution for that which I hope to include with a future version of TGN, but it likely won't make the next release, since I'm more focussed on getting support for the latest NAM textures right now.