• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The region of Pirgos is back! | Update 82 [28 November]

Started by io_bg, August 30, 2009, 10:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Nardo69

Great mosaics, really impressive and worth the wait! :)

Just a small detail: The NAM avenue bridge over the canal, if you use Avenue over 2 Tile transpaert (e.g. avenue over avenue) you can avoid such irregular support spacings - and the underlaying transport bitmaps are coverted by the extender pieces. ;)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Great pics, I just love! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

jimbo_jj

Disappointed? ??? No, I'm definitely not disappointed with these pics. Great night shot especially. It worked out well, I'm in a downtown mood anyway. ;D

-James
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

Glowbal

Very nice job on your down town area.  :thumbsup:

Nanami

djvandrake

Looks wonderful!  Very nicely done.  You have a talent for layout and building those really interesting interchanges.  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Replies

wallasey - Thanks for the compliment!
joelyboy911 - Thanks!
Nardo69 - Thank you, I usually do this but this situation was a bit different because I've used can-am pieces and it was impossible to put pillars exactly where I wanted them ;)
Sciurus - Merci, my friend! :P
jimbo_jj - Thanks, James, this time I'll show more from the downtown :)
Glowbal - Thank you!
976 - Thank you for stopping by!
djvandrake - Thanks!

Update 7

Hi, everyone! School has recently started, so I won't be able to update my MD as frequently as I did during the summer break &mmm After loads of crashes, I'm finally able to show you this update!
As Yan077 once said, "let's talk with pictures"! ;D

Hope you've enjoyed this update! Also, expect another lot from me in the STEX quite soon! If you haven't seen my previous uploads, check them out by clicking here!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

The beauty of your cities is amazing!!! Very impressive!!!  &apls &apls &apls

djvandrake

&apls  I love your pedestrian plazas and that first shot with the one ray of sunshine on the tram is fantastic!  :thumbsup:

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

BarbarossaS

Extremely beautiful European city!  :thumbsup:
You show quite nicely the purpose of the tram-in-road puzzle pieces, it gives such an extra realism!  &apls &apls

-Stijn-

Fabian93

Hi,
beautiful update here, Ioan  &apls
I especially love the little details and even more that we can see that you take yourself quite some time to build the city (for example lot-resizing which can be seen at the canal to run the elevated avenue over it -  :thumbsup: (at least i suppose you used the resizing -technique  ;))

Keep it up,
Fabian

jimbo_jj

You impress once again! The night pic looks great and the canal area looks really well done, too. Great job!

(... and this time I won't request rural or urban specifically because they both turn out well  ;D).

-James

Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

art128

Excellent update as usual my friend, your urban settings are really nicely done and all those Art-Deco style buildings fits in very well. The canal looks Ok, it look like you've reloted it no ?  because of the trees along it, if so, nice touch. Good emplacement for the church, it fits well with that W2W development.
Looking forward to more for sure !
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Nanami

Good work. It's nice realistic european city.

Battlecat

Looking great!  Nice layout in your urban areas, I like the mix of classic and modern architecture!

Nexis4Jersey

Awesome update  :thumbsup:, where did you get the Euro avenue x Avenue turning lane textures and how did u get the Custom Traffic lights to appear right?

io_bg

Sorry for not updating here for more than a week, but I've been busy with RL, I also had tons of crashes... Hopefully, a 2 days ago I discovered how to stop them (I have a CPU with two cores, if anyone is interested to know how to solve this problem - write here ;))
And I have so many replies! :o Thanks to all of you! Hope it was worth the wait until this update!

Replies

Tomas Neto  - Thank you my friend!
djvandrake - Thanks, DJ!
Bobbi - Thanks, Bobbi!
Sciurus - Thank you, Guillaume!
BarbarossaS - Thank you, Stijn!
Fabian93 - Danke, Fabian! ;D Actually you're wrong - I haven't used this technique in this city, but thanks for reminding it to me - I think there are a few spots where this'll be useful!
jimbo_jj - Haha, thanks! :D
art128 - Merci, mon ami! ::) I haven't relotted that canal, because I like the original lots ;)
976 - Thanks for stopping by!
Battlecat - Thank you! That mix is one of the things I want to achieve and I'm glad you like it!
Nexis4Jersey - Thanks! The traffic lights are made by Maarten - you can find them in the STEX. As for the avenue crossing... I have no idea :D I don't remember installing such a thing, but I think it appeared after installing the traffic light mod. Maybe Maarten has accidentally put it in his traffic light mod? ::)

Update 8

This time I'll show you 3 mosaics from another downtown area which I've been working on lately. The first one is horizontal and it's too big to post it directly, so please click on the thumbnail to see it. I don't think there's anything more to say, so enjoy! $%Grinno$%

Hope you like it!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November