• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Krasner BAT thread

Started by Krasner, September 08, 2016, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

I missed the whole thread, but your BATs are very, very nice. Especially I LOVE the abandoned keeper house (and well - luckily stones can´t prevent people from squatting, yeah!  ;D&apls

And the factory is also a gem, I would only suggest to make also a gate for STR, as often industries had access to rails.
I personally love vortext´s textures, and I would like to see such an old building with cobblestones around. As a huge fan of the IRM I would say, it´s not too difficult to make a matching lot with different textures, if someone really needs but I would prefer an older look here.

Krasner

Sorry but I feel very tired currently so individual responses will come later  /wrrd%&

I just pass by quickly to keep tied my BAT threads in every forum, just to show yet another project - not to slow down the modular factory which is still in progress, I take into consideration your suggestions, @fantozzi, @praiodan and @carlfatal   ;)

I started to make a first attempt in reproducing a typical design of early-20th century working-class housing complexes (typically called "corons" in french, but I couldn't find any equivalent word in English) The original :

And then my reproduction :

It's so simple, it's just the perfect thing to be declined in many ways, probably including diags and FAR  :) So I would be able to create complete "cités ouvrières" to be placed next to the factories  ::)
ANARCHIST !!

vester

Nice work. I LIKE it.  :thumbsup:

The colors is a bit of, Not sure how !?!

BTW:

Maybe add width to your image tags:
[img width=360]http://nsm07.casimages.com/img/2017/05/11//17051111483721771115035229.jpg[/img]

Result:

That way people can click on the image to get the full size.
You will need to clean out your code, not just copy it from your image host server:

[URL=http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=17051111483721771115035230.jpg][IMG]http://nsm07.casimages.com/img/2017/05/11//17051111483721771115035230.jpg[/img][/URL]

Hope you can see what you need to remove.

reddonquixote

Great choice of building. I'd say the colours are quite a bit over-saturated though, both in terms of the RL image as well as the game palette. Maybe go a bit lighter with the colours?

Keep it up  :thumbsup:

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vinlabsc3k

For me it's perfect!! &apls &apls &apls
It blends harmoniously with MBEAR creations. :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

FrankU

Beautiful, very realistic, although indeed a bit over saturated. That's why it blends in with Mbear: also a bit over saturated. Beautiful nontheless!

Silur

Great job - I really like this look :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Really nice model  &apls The colors on the previews are fine. Once you render it it will washout a bit making the overall tone a bit lighter anyways.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Krasner

@vester Thank you ! And thanks as well for the tip about the image, for sure it makes the message more readable  ;)

@reddonquixote Thank you  ;D I've been hesitating towards the roofing's color and that was still more or less an experiment. I will make it a bit lighter and de-saturated

@vinlabsc3k Thank you  ;D I think that it could blend well with Mbear's work,  but I'd rather de-saturate it a little bit

@FrankU Thank you ! As I said it needs texture re-work  ;)

@Silur Thanks  ;D

@Simmer2 Thank you  ;D I've in fact never really noticed such a thing, I didn't knew about that, that's interesting to know

I've uploaded two new releases today, the second part of my low-weatlh pack (you might have seen a preview on Simtropolis last sunday) and also two early-20th century suburban houses, first volume of a "secret" project of working-class houses and cités ouvrières. I've copied a link for both of them in my releases repertory at the very beginning of this topic. This repertory looks quite clumsy for the moment, I'll try to make it better and put images like some do here  ;)
ANARCHIST !!

Silur

I wish You good luck and all the best. I love Your houses - they are masterpieces forever!!!  &apls &apls &apls And it's hard to please me  :bnn:

Krasner

@Silur Thank you again  $%Grinno$% I'm very glad it pleases somebody to this extent  ;D

Quick update about a quickly-done thing (it surprised me, I did it from A to Z in like 3 hours only). I was sad about the definitive loss of this small elevated-road skin bridge @Manchou did years ago. Like many off his unpublised work, it was probably lost in some hard disk issues, he said me recently  /wrrd%&

So I made my own as an ersatz :) The rounded stones textures come from different sources so I tried to keep it coherent, I think it's fine now. It's not exported yet, I just wanted to be sure it can properly work as a semi-underground single prop as @Glenni's eyecandy bridges appear to have been modeled this way. So, if you think I'm doing it wrong, please tell me !

Off course, it is not centered and the light grey part is supposed to be covered with NAM elevated road (and not glitching with it I hope, normally the LODs are properly made).
ANARCHIST !!

praiodan

This is a fantastic idea and also very well made! Looking forward for more.  :)

eggman121

Krasner

I love your new Bridge over the Railway Tracks!

I have been missing something like this for a while now and I am so glad and astounded by the quality of your work  :thumbsup:

Is it possible too make a two tile version?  :)

Maybe also a modular set in due course? That is to cover multiple lines.

Just an idea.

-eggman121

brick_mortimer

This is very beautiful!

This kind of bridge can be used in both rural and urban enviroments  :thumbsup:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

feyss

Great idea! There is not enough bridges like that for the game!

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Girafe

That road texture from Manchou was awesome, forgot about it  &Thk/(

This new model looks good. Textures are too greenish / blueish, try to unsaturate them. I think you can add a bump map / more bump for the stones  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simcoug

Very nice!   :thumbsup:
Like eggman said, a 'pack' of these (maybe a red brick texture) would go a long way in sprucing up our towns and cities.  Correct me if i'm wrong, but this should work as a L1 (7.5m) overpass as well... the bottom half of the model will just be covered up by the ground, but it should still look right. 

Akallan

Quote from: eggman121 on June 12, 2017, 12:37:31 AM
Krasner

I love your new Bridge over the Railway Tracks!

I have been missing something like this for a while now and I am so glad and astounded by the quality of your work  :thumbsup:

Is it possible too make a two tile version?  :)

Maybe also a modular set in due course? That is to cover multiple lines.

Just an idea.

-eggman121

A great idea, like a kind of modular bridge! ()stsfd()

Krasner, your work is still beautiful! I can not wait to see more! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

mattb325

I love these, and I'll get lots of use out of them  &apls

With your second one, bump maps don't work at all in gmax, so to fake it I would add a bit more contrast to the texture, then desaturate and then give the mid-tones and highlights a slightly more red & magenta hue to negate the greenish hue