• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matias93

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mattb325

Thanks guys. I like the little police car lights, too. Nothing like draining the battery in between crimes ;)

Quote from: fantozzi on November 16, 2018, 05:58:44 AM
Apart from the police station beeing a perfect police station ... it reminds me of the "Volkshochschule (VHS)" in Cologne. The VHS is an association dedicated to the education of adults, f.e. teaching computer basic to senior citizens, teaching autogenous training, cooking for homosexuals or how to built do-it-yourself freeze-dry units. Things like this. I think in english you would call this an adult education center?

One question: what is the building behind the BSC-Memorial?

Reminds me of the "How to cook for Forty Humans" episode of the Simpsons.

https://youtu.be/SxI7B758XBQ

The building behind the memorial is the Troll Factory: https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3604

Thanks matias for posting the link to the VHS in Koln...it's one of my favourite bats  :)

Another from the back-log is released:

HERE: https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3724

I'll be getting a few more ready for upload soon...but writing readmes and taking pics is  a serious snooze-fest :sleeping:

gutterclub

Absolutely love these and the game is lacking these sort of apartments. Thanks again!!!!

matias93

Loved those apartments since the first time, and even more when you explained how they are internally distributed!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Alan_Waters

Great lot! Thank you for another beautiful building! :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls
I look forward to continuing.  :popcorn:

Akallan

Beautiful, thank you for the work! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

art128

I will echo Gutterclub and Matias, I absolutely love these little apartments. Thanks!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

Hi!

Nice to see that these apartments come available :) Great work!  &apls &apls
Thanks for sharing them!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

noahclem

Great to see these apartments from a while back, really beautiful units  &apls  And of course thanks so much for all the FA buildings that have been released lately :)

mattb325

Thanks guys ...not too many more back-log things to release  :)

The modern church from the FAR-3 pack is released. With the FAR-3 overhanging version, I even bothered to make a little scene where everything is plopped around the exterior to make the lot, "cities skylines" style. It also of course comes in a standard lot format. Click to enlarge

Here:https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3727

fantozzi

We will need new words to describe this. ExFARordinary, FARtastic, asFARishing.  &apls

I agree with gutterclub, I play with CAM and there is a big range for RCI in between ... let's say grow level 4 to 10 and you never can get enough residentials in this broad range. AaronGraham used to make them. But recently Matt is the only batter doing them. And with such an architectual verve.  :sunny: We have to be gratefull he's here.

AsimPika3172

FARwesome! magniFARicent!  &apls &apls &apls
I loves Sim City forever!

mattb325

Lol! You're both too kind  :) But to quite a number of folks, I'm sure I'm referred to as that FARking batter  :P

eggman121

Sweet work Matt

This has developed FAR too well :D

Speaking of FARR however (Fractional Angled Rail Road) I wonder if any FARR station would be on the cards?  ::)

The functionality has existed since NAM 35 and once I finalize the Flex Piece FARR it should be much easier to use.

Thoughts?

-eggman121

metarvo

Great job Matt!  I've actually seen several churches that resemble this one, right down to the trimline lighting effect.  The FAR option makes it that much better.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Akallan

What to say? As usual, the work is exceptionally beautiful! :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

mattb325

Thanks guys. Obviously other church designers looked at a plate of doritos....is there some subliminal message there that we're not getting  :o ()what()

Quote from: eggman121 on November 19, 2018, 07:00:43 PM
Thoughts?
....are over-rated...I've avoided anything of the sort since the 'seventies. ::)

Here's a quick test. And a much simpler model than I usually make:

Obviously it works...it's an over hanging prop on a 1x2 lot that only one edge needs to touch the rail line - rather than TEing for FAR3 which would be a total pill. So what I will do is halve the station and you can plop one platform on either side of the tracks to get the sims on both sides of the railway line to use the train.

As it is such a basic model, I'll make it diagonal as well.

eggman121

Very cool Matt :thumbsup:

Thank you for taking up the suggestion. I really appreciate the work and it is a nice looking BAT as well ;)

It was really the concept that I was chasing and I think you have well and truly done some mastery here.

I have been bogged down by RL so I have not been commenting as much as I have liked.

Yourself and Simmer2 as well as others need a pat on the back for the great work that has been going on here :)

-eggman121

Terring7

The library-like looking church and the train station are indeed For Awesome Regions ;D :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mattb325

Thanks guys

So I split the station to enable it to be placed on either side of the tracks; and added some subway stairs for sims to cross underground. Now you can have sims on both sides of the rail use the train (and bus). Being placed either side of a FAR-3 line, the platforms don't perfectly align, but I actually like that. I'll make the mirror version and a diagonal as well. You can of course leave it on only one side of the tracks too, so it might just work for STR with the diagonal version.

I've uploaded the Urban Town Hall.

Here:
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3729