• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

"We are the Flying Donuts. We will draw your crop-fields. The resistance is futile!"

&apls &apls &apls

Beautiful stuffs. Are those the new soil mmp brushes under the tree line by the STR what you mentioned?
Anyhow this set-up look amazing with all the agri stuffs, with the pivot circle, with the UFO drawings on the fields and of course with the alien ship. Thanks for showing us these beauties! :)
+1 "k" given.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

PaPa-J

This is so cool.  Comes at the right time since I just bought the entire series of the X-Files.  Fits right in.  Can't wait for the upload.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Simmer2

Thank you Tibi and Papa-J

As promised.

SM2 Main Subway Depot is now ready to download and you will find it here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3740

The lot connects to Subway to Train ramps and will allow passenger trains to cross the lot's main DTR line. To do so you will need to also download MGB204's ramps here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3396.
The other DTR and STR connections are visually only. I also connected the STR and DTR ramps to those rail stubs for a realistic ensemble.

This lot has no transit switches therefore it will not impact the traffic simulator.

Happy holidays everyone!

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Any use for a Cold Fusion Reactor?

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

PaPa-J

Love it!  The ideas you come up with.  Totally awesome.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Simmer2

Thanks Papa-J Im glad you like it.

Here is another update on my Saturn V crawler assembly. Still got several items to add and fix some texture bleeding.

Simmer2

twalsh102

Love the Cold Fusion Reactor.  It would be very useful for those who want a more futuristic look to their city, or who (like me) don't mind mixing and matching futuristic and more traditional buildings.

Please keep up the great work!

mattb325

The saturn rocket is coming along beautifully  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thank you twalsh102 and mattb325

I will be releasing those shortly. I also made another variation of the Cold Fusion Reactor which will be included with the zip. I will be showing a pic or two here soon.

Here is yet another commercial building and lot I made in my spare time. There are a couple of them not to far from my work place and one of them even stores cars and containers.
Such as the one below... I call it SM2 U Store It
The building and sign are separate items, this is so the building can be repurposed for other reasons if anyone wishes to re-lot it.

Simmer2

Simmer2

This will probably the largest pic dump ever from me but with the model being so ginormous I had no choice but to take 14 pics to be able to appreciate it.

38 hours to create

787,562 polygons

7.5 hours to render in full HD

243.2 meter or 797.9 feet tall.

My city's mayor had heard that NASA was selling a stripped down version of the Saturn V rocket after sitting on display for over 40 years and so he bought it to make our city more attractive. Spent 25 million simoleons from the city coffer and had it dismantled and shipped to the current location. It took over 200 sims and 8 months to execute but it cost him another 20 millions to put it together. I think he paid way too much for it... :D

I have setup this lot to be a tourist trap. It gives an 85 over 43 radius landmark effect and a considerable park effect. It also gives a gigantic 240,000 low residential cap relief.

The question is: should I leave it as a tourist trap or just make it as a landmark and be done with it. (I think a tourist trap may lower the mayor rating thus my conundrum) 

Simmer2

FrankU

A Landmark!
Maybe you could make it a Space Launch facility, but then you should make a larger lot.

Tyberius06

Hi!

Beautiful work! Geez... It looks so nice! :)
I like the U Store as well, and that's a really nice idea, that the sign is separated from the building! :) I just wanted to ask, but I don't have to... Thanks for making these!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Simmer2

Allrighty then. I will make Saturn V into a Landmark.

Meanwhile I went a step further with the U Store It lot and created something new.

Its actually 2 different buildings/signs and 2 different businesses combo lot. Every time you plop it you get a different combination.

So 1 lot - 2 businesses - 4 possibility.

Lots of prop families involved.

Here are some pics.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi!

Really nice idea with the storages! I like the different versions! :)
Keep up the good work!

- Tyberius

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi!

Anyone looking for a used car?

Simmer2

Simmer2

The following 2-3 weeks are going to be interesting. I have no less than 10 new projects ready to go....

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Simmer2/Nick

tomvsotis

Your work really is remarkable. You have a real talent for this! Your BATs have been an inspiration to me (along w the works of mattb325 and reddonquixote, amongst many others) to learn 3d modeling, an endeavour that remains a work in progress for 2019. Thanks so much for all the wonderful creations you've shared with us. And I can't wait for that castle to be released -- I have a hilltop spot above my old city just *waiting* for it!

fantozzi

Happy new year to you too, Nick. And thank you making this young year starting like a rocket.  ;D

I would make it a landmark with a big boost for IH-T growth. It would be a perfect landmark for technology city, I guess.

Simmer2

Quote from: fantozzi on January 03, 2019, 01:12:48 AM
Happy new year to you too, Nick. And thank you making this young year starting like a rocket.  ;D

I would make it a landmark with a big boost for IH-T growth. It would be a perfect landmark for technology city, I guess.

Thanks Major
I did remake the lot as a C$$ Landmark. It will offer a few jobs. Those tickets ain't going to sell themselves...

More items on the roster. The second version of the Cold Fusion Reactor as promised, also a Petroleum depot/freight station and even a mid rise building that will function as SM2 Rail Corp in all its black marble glory..

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

Really nice new stuffs! Keep up the good work! :)

- Tyberius