• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brick_mortimer

:o
He's not only the master of urban scenes, but also of the natural scenes!

Choosing campers as the vehicle of choice in your picture of Organ Pipe Cactus NM is very apt from what I've seen with my own eyes :D

Grand Canyon NP... truly wonderful, and truly Grand. It's a pity no picture /movie can give the same feeling you have when you're standing there gawking down in awe.
And yes, for all you unbelievers, it's very green when you're standing on the rim of the canyon. It's just that they never show you that part on the pictures so everybody thinks it's a desert up there :)

Thanks for taking us to John Fords favorite place (a.k.a. Monument Valley NTP), love the .gif!
It's the spot where we decided to ignore the "no-off roads-clause" of the car rental agreement. Thank God the layer of red dust was gone by the time we had to turn the car back in ;D

The pictures of Canyonlands NP look superb, especially the snowy one.

Arches NP... How did you do Landscape Arch? Did you make the model yourself? ???

Thanks for adding the ghost town and the oilfield in this update.
This adds to the roadtrip feel of your post :thumbsup:

But the most stunning picture is your recreation of Half Dome...
Really... I had to pick up my jaw from my keyboard...

I don't know if you do requests, but I would love to see these wonders of nature in SimCity 4:
Devils Tower NM
Grand Teton NP
Yellowstone NP
and Badlands NP

Please, pretty please  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

korver

Replies

feyss: Thanks for the nice words! :)

Themistokles: Thanks for the nice comment! Glad you enjoyed the roads, even if it pains you to say it :D 

art128: Thank you! Yeah, usually those desert scenes are difficult to pull off correctly and usually they look sorta funny in SC4 - but I think I pulled it off for this update and I'm glad you liked it :thumbsup: Glad you enjoyed NYC too!

PaPa-J: Thanks for the comment! Glad you liked the landscaping work :thumbsup:

Seaman: Thank you very much for the nice words! :)

dyoungyn: Thank you for the comment! :) I've been to a couple of the parks myself, including Arches (it's been quite a while, though) - and it's something I'll never forget. Definitely some of the most breathtaking scenery I've ever seen! As for the SC4 scene - Landscape Arch is a custom BAT I created with a bunch of MMPs around the perimeter.

brick_mortimer: Thanks for the nice words, glad you enjoyed the pictures :thumbsup: The Landscape Arch scene was made with a custom BAT, some terraforming and lots of MMPs - very time consuming but the final result was worth it :) I've actually given a number of the parks you mentioned some thought, I'm hoping that at some point I'll be able to return to the West for another update down the road. I actually left Yellowstone open so it could potentially be the centerpiece of a second update, probably covering some of the northern Parks and other attractions in the area so we'll see ;)

mattb325

The scenes from western USA are just amazing!!!! I absolutely love the half-dome. It's almost indistinguishable from the photo  :thumbsup:

Akallan

Unbelievable! What a beauty these images! I love your urban scenes in the previous updates (a while ago that I have not logged in and I only see it now), but your work MMP is always more enjoyable to see in my opinion is my preferences! Congratulations! &apls  :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

korver

- UPDATE 74: Sights From London -

Today, we're returning to London to take a look at a number of iconic sights from across this amazing city. Our first stop is Piccadilly Circus - first constructed back in 1819, its become one of the world's most famous intersections over the years. Today it connects five different streets - Regent Street, Shaftesbury Avenue, The Haymarket, Coventry Street and Glasshouse Street - and is an important meeting place and one of London's most popular attractions.

The Palace of Westminster is another one of the city's most iconic Landmarks. Sitting on the edge of the River Thames, it's hard to miss - and its famed Big Ben clock tower is one of the world's most recognizable buildings. The entire structure has been expanded, rebuilt, and renovated a number of times since its original construction back in 1016 - and now is home to the House of Commons and House of Lords.

The suburbs of London are filled for as far as the eye can see with terrace lined streets.

Park Crescent has been one of London's most recognizable estates since its completion in the early 1800s. Complete with a private garden, these curved terraces are well known for their elegance.

A view of iconic St. Paul's Cathedral at nighttime with a couple of the City's other landmarks - including the stunning Millennium Bridge and London Stock Exchange.

A nighttime rainfall in Canary Wharf - one of London's most important financial districts.

The skyline of London's other financial district - The City - is ever evolving and changing. Our trip concludes with a glimpse into the future to see a number of newly completed and soon to be completed skyscrapers towering over the historic city core - a truly breathtaking sight.

Don't forget to like and comment!

-korver

---

Replies

mattb325: Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the update! :)

Akallan: Thank you very much for the nice words! Although I've been doing a lot of urban scenes lately, I have a few other MMP related projects that I hope to get completed eventually so be on the lookout ;)

kbieniu7

I've just ran trough some of my photos from London, where I was 3 years ago, and randomly decided to enter sc4d after a while, to see what's new. And what I see? True Earth from London! Oh dear, I have a feeling like I'm back on those narrow and rushy streets, looking at taxis and policemen at Picadilly Circus, walking on the Millenium Bridge and sitting in a red double decker stuck in a traffic jam by St. Paul's Cathedral... Enourmous and... alive!... as always!  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

korver

Thank you very much for the nice comment kbieniu7 :thumbsup:

korver

- UPDATE 75: Rio de Janeiro -

Located on Brazil's Atlantic shoreline, Rio de Janeiro is widely recognized as one of the world's most beautiful cities. Between the perfect beaches, iconic landmarks, tropical weather, and friendly residents - there's plenty of reasons to visit and enjoy this one of a kind destination.

The city was founded back in 1565 by the Portuguese - and its strategic location on Guanabara Bay allowed it to become an important port city throughout the years. Since then, the city has expanded greatly and nearly 14 million people now live in its metropolitan area.

Rio is a city known for its income inequality - while luxurious apartments dot the shoreline, favelas can be found hugging the steep mountainsides.

Rio's Jardim Botânico (Botanical Gardens) are a popular attraction in the city and are known for showcasing a wide variety of trees and plants - including over 900 different varieties of palm trees.

The Christ the Redeemer statue at the top of Corcovado Mountain is the city's most iconic landmark - it's become a cultural icon over the years as well and is listed as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.

The iconic Maracanã Stadium comes to life at nighttime - the home of Brazil's national football team since 1950, it's one of the world's most famous stadiums.

Famed Sugarloaf Mountain is located at the mouth of Guanabara Bay and is known for its resemblance to a loaf of concentrated cane sugar. Cable cars take tourists and locals right up to the top and offer incredible panoramas of the city.

Rio is known for its beautiful beaches and Copacabana Beach is one of the city's best. From New Year's Eve celebrations, FIFA Beach Soccer World Cups, concerts, and more - it's become a destination that's known the world over.

One last look at Copacabana Beach and busy Atlantic Avenue during one of Rio's beautiful sunsets.

-korver

emanuelfranco0390

Wonderful, like a paradise.

What Terrain Mod is that?
What beach mod is that?

Thanks. Regards.

reddonquixote

At last, I can see the London update, was only appearing as blank white boxes before. Great work, the person who made Parliament House really did do an amazing job with it, and Korver you have showcased it really well  :thumbsup:

Rio is really nice too, fantastic aerial shots of the Bay and the Sugarloaf mountain  &apls &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

feyss

I had to listen to this while reading your last update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAiHEQblKeQ

(Yeah I know it's not even Brazilian)

Great pictures as usual! The last one is clearly the most realistic beach I've seen in this game  :thumbsup:

PaPa-J

Nice! I especially like the Christ the Redeemer. 
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Themistokles

Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

noahclem

Incredible stuff!! I can reliably visit here to gaze in wonder  :D You do such a great job putting amazing bats in scenes that make best use of them--I'll single out the Chrysler building for special praise--not to mention all the custom models made for these scenes. I love the grid breaking and your custom road textures like in Piccadilly Circus, downtown Manhattan, the Lagos highway curved bridge underpass, and the road along the beach in Rio (not grid-breaking but fantastic result). Keep up the mind-blowing work  &apls &apls &apls

mattb325

Phenomenal work, again. The Rio overview and Sugarloaf mountain...wow! The London skyline is also very well done...that update is a great example of what can be achieved with existing custom content  :thumbsup:

korver

Replies

emanuelfranco0390: Thanks for the comment! Most of the terrain mod is actually just extensive MMPing and the Sugarloaf Mountain is actually a big BAT that I plopped. I did make a custom cliff mod however which is pretty visible in the favela scene and I also made a custom beach mod as well - if you're interested in either then shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can track them down in my plugins.

reddonquixote: Glad you can see the London update now - due to all imgur links being broken on ST for a while I had to upload that entry to my dropbox instead which seems to always have issues.. I'll try to get it coverted to imgur here soon. Appreciate the comment and thanks for the kind words as always :thumbsup:

feyss: Thanks for the nice words and great song too :thumbsup:

PaPa-J: Thanks for the nice words! :)

Themistokles: Thanks for the comment! :)

noahclem: Thanks for the comment! Appreciate the nice words, glad you've been enjoying the last couple of updates :thumbsup:

mattb325: Thanks for the kind words - glad you liked London and Rio :)

korver

- UPDATE 76: Australia - The Outback & Natural Wonders -

Today, we're taking a trip down under to experience some of Australia's most iconic natural wonders - and we'll also be visiting a number of sights across the country's vast Outback.

We'll begin with a visit to the legendary Great Barrier Reef, located on the country's northeastern shoreline. Stretching over 1,600 miles long, it's not just the world's largest coral reef but also the worlds largest living organism.

The reef's rich biodiversity is unparalleled with nearly 10,000 marine species calling it home - and has become well known for its vibrant display of colors. In recent years however, the reef has taken a massive hit from rising temperatures and coral bleaching. Many of the reef's most famous species like the giant clam are dying out and other parts of the reef have become unrecoverable.

Byron Bay has some of the country's premier beaches - located in northern New South Wales, it's known the world over for its excellent surfing and near-perfect weather.

Australia is a country known for its wildlife - and the iconic Kangaroo is one of the country's most famous mammals. With over 50 different native species, they can be seen in grasslands, forests, and even in parts of the Outback.

While much of the Outback is barren and empty - you can still find the occasional farm among the rural dirt roads that cross the landscape. Windmills are vital here to power many of the Outback's cattle stations.

After traveling across the vast southern Outback - we finally reach the The Pinnacles, located in Nambung National Park in Western Australia. These weathered limestone formations make for an other-worldly landscape and have become one of Australia's most well-known tourist attractions.

In addition to its beauty, the Outback is also known for its natural resources. Gold and other valuable resources are mined in massive open pit strip mines like Kalgoorlie's Super Pit.

We venture even deeper into the Outback to visit a few more of Australia's most iconic rock formations. Karlu Karlu (Devil's Marbles) are located in Northern Territory's Red Centre - these giant rounded boulders are one of the country's most unique sights.

Kata Tjuta - or the Olgas - can be found in the southern part of the Northern Territory and are another one of the Outback's signature sights. Meaning "many heads" to the Australian Aborigines, these rounded domes are both imposing and mysterious.

Our last stop today is one of the country's most iconic natural wonders - the stunning Uluru (Ayers Rock), which dramatically rises 1,142 feet out of the Outback. Uluru is the original aboriginal name for the area - and it has no specific meaning behind it. They believed that the rock has a great spiritual meaning - and was created at the dawn of time. To this day, those visiting it are urged not to climb the rock out of respect to these beliefs - and taking photographs of certain areas is also strongly urged against.

-korver

Themistokles

This is so beautiful... from the reef to the outback and the farms and the impressive rocks. :o

Also can't believe I missed the London update! The feeling is so much there, as Kamil said you really feel what it is like to walk in these alleys. And isn't it St Dunstan-in-the-East that you have managed to put in there?
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

eggman121

Nice work  :thumbsup:

Being from country Victoria I have some knowledge about these areas but alas most of us Aussies live in the cities and regional centers.

Quiet an achievement there Korver. You really have put a positive spotlight on the country I live in. Good Stuff!

-eggman121

reddonquixote

I have never been to the outback, the thought of it makes me cringe. Now I don't feel like I need to, these scenes are amazing.

The kangaroos are hilarious, where did you find them?

The Barrier Reef is beautifully captured. Its very sad about the bleaching, tragedy really.

Great work again  &apls &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.