• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Nego, while that looks fine to me, I guess the only way is if someone else tests in game, both of the variations at different times, and can identify if the game renders even rotation.

Tracker, as for 17th Avenue and Picos Road, they just stripped what would of been the turn lane completely, not even drawn with a permissible U-turn arrow. With that, I have to seriously wonder about that reservation, not the life of, but if there was really some intention they wanted to do with that land otherwise, with how they laid those would be turn lanes and other roads down that end, not to mention U haul looks like its on the reservation side of the road. Considering cars on reservation though, if I was on a reservation, I would rather have a signalized intersection getting out, instead of having to cross against traffic. Seeing that newly constructed intersection with the avenue 5 plus turn lane x, not having a traffic signal, since its only in the middle of a dessert drives me crazy, I would not think a TuLEP would be made like that, its bad enough I have to live by multiple 5 lane intersections without traffic lights.

Ramona Brie

Long-term plans have all that Pecos Road being plowed under for a freeway (the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway). Said freeway may end up on Indian land, though, to avoid destruction of homes. It's been on the docket for 25+ years but mired in other concerns, like Indian sacred-ness of South Mountain, loss of homes in Ahwatukee, alignment on the west side, etc.

GDO29Anagram

My turn to fool around with the TuLEP textures...

Essentially based off of Shadow Assassin's textures, but Americanized (So is the slip lane; Not pictured). What do you think so far?

I've been thinking about having them as dedicated pieces as well; Probably wouldn't hurt, but would require extra RUL entries, and just the blank base... ::)

Perhaps I should do the same for the ATL Plugin...? Then the ATL will blend seamlessly with the TuLEPs... ( ::) )^2
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

legoman786

My sims aren't able to turn left from pictured intersection. The DrawPaths cheat should be able to demonstrate what's happening as I am not knowledgeable enough to see the problem.

GDO29Anagram

@legoman786: The problem is not the TuLEPs in question, it's the intersection in question. It's a quirk in the TLA-5 pathing.
<INACTIVE>
-----

legoman786

So... I should take this issue into the NWM thread then?

Biriali

Hi guys, I have a problem.
I have never been able to get any traffic signals on my tulep-intersections. I know it can be done, as I've seen pictures in this thread, where there are signals on these intersections.
Could anyone please help me?
Thanks!
Nemo sobrius saltaret

riiga

Quote from: Biriali on May 26, 2011, 01:27:17 AM
Hi guys, I have a problem.
I have never been able to get any traffic signals on my tulep-intersections. I know it can be done, as I've seen pictures in this thread, where there are signals on these intersections.
Could anyone please help me?
Thanks!
If you're using the Euro texture mod, you might have installed the T21s and related files for the European traffic lights without actually installing the European traffic lights (seperate download). Thus blocking the standard ones from showing.

Biriali

Thank you for your reply, riiga.
This is the first I've heard of any euro-texture specific T-21s...
Could you provide me with alink, please?
Nemo sobrius saltaret

riiga

If you read the description here you'll see that if you install the T21s you'll need this.

Biriali

Hmm, somehow I overlooked that one. Thank you for your help, riiga  &apls
Nemo sobrius saltaret

riiga

Since the STEX won't accept my file (error occurs every time I try to upload it), here it is!

Euro Retexture Mod for TuLEPs by riiga
Download here!

Includes four options (see readme for instructions!):

• Dashed lines (top picture)
  • Dashed lines with slip lane crosswalk
  • Solid lines (bottom picture)
  • Solid with slip lane crosswalk

ivo_su

Oh I like Riga and ismam only a small remark. Of all the cosmetic mods so far this is as close to perfection. My humble opinion is that there should be marked with arrows on each of the lanes. Otherwise, other details made them amazing. Poros an arrow on the front and one for forward and right will look more beautiful.
Greeting Riga you make great textures for TuLeps and I'm your big fan.

P.S.
The second picture of me looks better

Ivo

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on May 29, 2011, 12:26:37 PM
My humble opinion is that there should be marked with arrows on each of the lanes. Otherwise, other details made them amazing. Poros an arrow on the front and one for forward and right will look more beautiful.

The problem is that the TuLEPs could not be used at either T-intersections or +-intersections then.  You'll have to wait for us to produce additional pieces in order to have allows on all lanes.

-Alex

ivo_su

To my great regret I use very few T -intersections compared with the standard  4-way intersections. I hope to make plenty of pieces to make this mod to be as useful to me.

- Ivo

GDO29Anagram

Hey, remember when I said,

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on May 18, 2011, 06:30:52 PM
It would be better to just keep the A-C lettering, but then to have the numbers stripped off, so the following is given:

A - Single Left-Turn (For AVEs and TLAs)
B - Double Left-Turn (For AVEs and TLAs)
C - Displaced Right Turn (MAVEs only, though it can work for AVE/TLA; For a MAVE to have an A/B variation, it has to convert into its AVE version)

Then I would expand it:

D - A+C
E - B+C

I want to rearrange it, since Opkl brings up questions about an NMAVE TuLEP setup, and the "Lane-Reduction Right-Turn" and "Displaced Right Turn" setups feel like they need dedicated letters.

Quote from: Opkl on May 26, 2011, 04:47:21 PM
Will one of the lanes be turned into a turning lane like for the ARD-3 to left turn piece? Or will it spread onto the next tile?

With that said, here's the entire order once again:

A - Single Left-Turn
B - Double Left-Turn
C - Displaced Right Turn (Ideal for a few OWR TuLEP setups)
D - Lane-Redux Right-Turn (Such as the MAVE-6 to MAVE-4 setup, or Opkl's example, that is, if I interpreted it correctly)

With the possible combinations:

E = (A+C)
F = (A+D)
G = (B+C)
H = (B+D)

A D-TuLEP for MAVE-2 sounds rather odd, but sounds like something that deconverts into OWR-1 on the other end. A D-TuLEP for OWR-1 sounds illogical.

Another reason I bring it up falls in line with Opkl's question, but I feel like the NMAVE could go with both the C and D TuLEP. That should take care of every possible NMAVE TuLEP, and for any other MAVE-type network.
<INACTIVE>
-----

ivo_su

Come to think of long ago are not displayed photos of new pieces of TuLEP, that will be part  of the new version  of advanced  TuLEP  so I'd appreciate if  you show me something new  and interesting  - thanks.

Ivo

gooper1

Here are some useful pieces I would like to see in the new NAM:

• Slip Lane > OWR Transition (both to ortho and diag)-and I mean converting the slip lane directly into an OWR. It's like the existing OWR with Slip Lane piece, except that the OWR below the slip lane is cut off (and the slip lane converts to OWR). The diag one works by converting the already-diagonal slip lane into a diagonal OWR.
  • Slip lanes for the Type-B Avenue TuLEP's.
  • Dual Slip Lane > Road Transition. Essentially, it's the Road-Dual Slip Lane puzzle piece with the road below the slip lanes cut off. The completed intersection would be kind of like RIRO ramps. A good place to see RIRO ramps is Ontario Highway 11 from the 400 all the way up to North Bay. It's a freeway in some segments (most notably a short segment from the 400 to Penetanguishene Rd. and a longer segment around Orillia), but otherwise it is a divided RIRO expressway with a speed limit of 90 km/h, with businesses and houses lining the street.
-Gooper1
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!