• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

QuoteScroll around the area to help understand. The RHW like street is US-30 (Lincoln Highway)
Just for future reference, while US-30 is Lincoln Highway in various places around the US, 30 is not completely Lincoln Highway all the way around, cross-country. Lincoln Highway was its own route from New York city all the way to California. 30 was just routed back to a good amout of existing sections over old Lincoln Highway. If that was not enough, this one road close to where I reside, at different decades used to be US Route 66, Lincoln Highway, and a US Bus/Tram line some time ago. It no longer even is 30. It also is no longer a RHW-2.

However, I do second the idea of having a double left turn lane in between a 6 lane network, not to mention the additional ability to have another piece allow a right turn lane next to that. However Opkl, I doubt having IN's styles of signals becoming reality if that even ever happens.

Opkl

Quote from: j-dub on December 19, 2010, 11:30:07 AM
However, I do second the idea of having a double left turn lane in between a 6 lane network, not to mention the additional ability to have another piece allow a right turn lane next to that. However Opkl, I doubt having IN's styles of signals becoming reality if that even ever happens.

I believe the AVE6 will cover all of this. As fior the signals, I just thought that the interchange would be very wide and the normal mast arm lights would look a little out of place, but that really isn't important right now.

banditp61

I love the work you guys have done already. In the future are there plans to have TuLEP for OWR?

Tarkus

Quote from: banditp61 on December 24, 2010, 06:20:41 PM
I love the work you guys have done already. In the future are there plans to have TuLEP for OWR?

Yes, as mentioned in the FAQ, OWR TuLEPs are on the docket.  There was even a prototype posted in one of the early pages of the thread, but design on them is still being tweaked, however.

-Alex

ivo_su

Would you show me how you look at the new intersections TuLEPs. For me it is interesting to see 3 tiles networks. Please show pictures if you have.

- Ivaylo

MandelSoft

We don't have pictures of TuLEPs for three tile networks, because we didn't created the pieces yet...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 03, 2011, 04:57:12 AM
We don't have pictures of TuLEPs for three tile networks, because we didn't created the pieces yet...
As far as I know from Alex you design AVE-6 and AVE-8 will have three tiles network. So what you tell me surprises me very uncomfortable.

- Ivaylo

Ryan B.

Quote from: ivo_su on January 03, 2011, 05:12:37 AM
As far as I know from Alex you design AVE-6 and AVE-8 will have three tiles network. So what you tell me surprises me very uncomfortable.

- Ivaylo

Ivaylo, I think you may have missed the point.  The three-tile networks (such as AVE-6 & AVE-8) might be closer to being ready, but the TuLEP pieces for those networks & their intersections have not been created yet.

I can guarantee that you will be pleased with the result when they are created, however.

Tarkus

I do have some textures ready for the triple-tile network TuLEPs, but that's as far as they've gotten right now--there will be at least a few by the time NWM 2.0 is ready for public release.  In general, though, much of the TuLEPs stuff is, on the backburner for the time being.  The menu stuff for the Advanced TuLEPs still needs to be figured out, and I have my hands in just about every other transit modding project (even resuscitating the RAM, HSR, SPM and SAM) in addition to what will be a heavy dose of RL over the next month.

-Alex

ivo_su

Ohhhh
I can not wait to come out three tiles networks. Otherwise, when the thing we most need is me AVE-6 & AVE-8. Also I have a problem with the construction of HSR. It would be great if you make tracks for HSR over EAVE diagonally. But I guess it's too vague for this will soon show you a picture with your problem but here estestveno. No for AVE-6 and AVE-8, as dreaming of playing SC4

- Ivaylo

j-dub

Oh you can't ()what() Well um, I hope you can, because the master (Tarkus) still is really busy on other stuff that still has to be done first right now, but I think the wait will be worth it, and you never know what first things first come up before hand. :thumbsup: That, and you should consider three tile networks would logically have to have the right away ahead of Advanced TuLEPs, versus basic additions. I should let you know that Alex is very serious on wider avenues like you won't believe. You just got to remember the math involved of road widening and construction in general.

Either way, Alex basically is a giver with a lot more then we did not have before. I know using existing stuff at the moment is not the same, but if you really think about it, when you look at the existing MAVE-6, and you look at other players who took that and split it up, that is a very small sampling of how the real AVE-6 would behave. (people were using this instead of owr-3, as that did not have signals, where as split Mave-6 allowed functionallity) With an official AVE-6, on the other hand, you would not have to take the extra amount of time to split up a MAVE-6, but there also is other wider parts to the NWM project being added, before TuLEPs. NWM still has improvements in the works to existing features, and I don't know what Alex can do about HSR crossing over on top of elevated avenues diagonally, because I don't recall that being his field, again so much other stuff getting done.

Shadow Assassin

Quotebut if you really think about it, when you look at the existing MAVE-6, and you look at other players who took that and split it up, that is a very small sampling of how the real AVE-6 would behave. With an official AVE-6, on the other hand, you would not have to take the extra amount of time to split up a MAVE-6,

Or you could just use a pair of OWR-3s. :P

Rest assured, guys, we're working hard on the next lot of goodies for the next NAM update... whenever that may be.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

travismking

I have a quick question regarding the Tulep set. I would like to change the sidewalk textures, but cant find the actual textures, i see the reference to the texture, but cant find the actual textures. Anyone know which file they are in?

nvm im an idiot :p

jdenm8

I've actually replaced one of the texture groups... I think they're in
mydocs/Plugins/Network Addon Mod/Plugins/NetworkAddonMod_TurningLanes_Extension_Plugin.DAT

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

travismking

ivo_su

May I ask what happens to the draft TuLEPs and is there any development in recent times. It is my impression that currently works mostly in RHW and TuLEPs in the background. Right? I was amazed by three tiles NWM networks and many will be glad to see TuLEPs for them.

- Ivaylo

Tarkus

jondor has done some work on a couple of additions to the basic TuLEPs set, but that's about it in the past few months.  I have actually had a bunch of partially-completed TuLEPs and intersections for them laying around for awhile now, intended for the "Advanced TuLEPs" set, but they're all in need of pathing, the task of figuring out the menu logistics is a rather daunting one.  Unfortunately, I don't really have much time to work on them any further right now, and probably won't for some time.

-Alex

io_bg

May we see some pictures of these Advanced Tuleps (even if they're incomplete)? ::)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

j-dub

I do not recall advanced exceeding the tile width of stuff that already was public, Advanced concepts would so far be the example Alex had on Youtube of a prototype road intersection with ortho right turn lanes that could stretch further, where as the current slip lanes, despite they are separate right turn lanes, those just go on the corners.
http://www.youtube.com/v/UD3JQPUrU6Y

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on January 27, 2011, 03:10:43 PM
I do not recall advanced exceeding the tile width of stuff that already was public, Advanced concepts would so far be the example Alex had on Youtube of a prototype road intersection with ortho right turn lanes that could stretch further, where as the current slip lanes, despite they are separate right turn lanes, those just go on the corners.

Most of the "advanced" stuff I'm referring to is basically what j-dub described--some of it you've already seen (Type B and C Road TuLEPs . . . the latter of which is in the YouTube video), while the rest of it is largely new Avenue TuLEPs (I was working on a Type C) and a number of intersections interfacing the new Avenue stuff and the new Road stuff.  I'll see if I can get an image up here.

-Alex