• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

OWR-1 Transition Question

Started by deanva, April 21, 2016, 08:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

I want to combine two OWR-1 roads (2 tiles wide) into the game road (1 tile wide), like you can do with the avenues into OWR-2 using a transition piece. Any help to do that or am I missing a transition piece in the menus?

Tarkus

You're not missing anything--there is no option to split a Road into two OWR-1s.  The OWR-1 is kind of in an odd spot, as there's long been talk of rebasing it as a non-OWR-based network, so it hasn't made our radar screen.  That said, this does sound like a good potential addition.

-Alex

deanva

OK thanks for your reply at least I hope someone will correct this in the near future.

APSMS

If MIS could transition into OWR-1, then the option to use the RHW-2 to MIS split piece would be an option as well (a halfway decent workaround, at least), but as far as I know no such compatibility exists.

Now sure how that would play with the idea of moving OWR-1 to the street network, but maybe it should be considered as well, as a way to provide a low-capacity direct takeoff from the RHW onto a side street exit (more for the Expressway type of RHW usage)?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation