• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

N1's Gap Fillers

Started by N1_2888, February 09, 2011, 12:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Great work, the outer corner model is a rarity and much needed.  &apls

So are you going to make us happy as well with a release?  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

N1_2888

Thanks a lot to all! :thumbsup:

If there is some SFBT Christmas special this year - which I assume -, the Rue Duméril set will be almost certainly a part of it. There are still some points on the to-do list, which unfortunately do not include diagonal versions (this would be a kind of Duméril overkill, wouldn't it? $%Grinno$%): 3x2 lots for the outer corner buildings as well as readme files, preview pics and stuff like that.

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Girafe

Quote from: N1_2888 on September 24, 2015, 11:27:20 AM
Thanks a lot to all! :thumbsup:

If there is some SFBT Christmas special this year - which I assume -, the Rue Duméril set will be almost certainly a part of it.

Amazing job, long time we did not see Parisan style buildings.

Regarding SFBT advent calendat, I doubt SFBT has enough uploads, however I could do few from VIPs and I think few people here could release something. Maybe a concept we could expand to SC4devotion advent calendar  ::) 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

N1_2888

Badsim

So , since Alex retirement , you're the last active Hausmannian BATer ...  ::) and coming each time with a precious piece for our Parisian puzzles ; it deserves more than a round of applause :  a K-point for you . :thumbsup:

&apls &apls &apls

Once most of the gaps filled , if it's not the case ( I didn't take time to study that point lately  &Thk/( ) , you could release « regular » pieces as  well , we wouldn't be disappointed ...  ;D ... and we are patient ... may you stay with us for many years ! ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

N1_2888

Thank you, Cédric! :)

Some bad news at the beginning: Unfortunately LD-Host, once a very common image host amongst the German-speaking SC4 community, is down. Hence a lot of pictures, including the most ones in this thread, are gone. I will restore them betimes.

Regarding Paris, I think the major gaps are closed. However, if there is an Advent calendar again this year, I do not want to be left empty-handed. So I spotted a kind of minor gap, as I couldn't find a small Paris-styled Mairie for my cities, and began to fill it immediately:

I haven't added the goddamn night lights so far. I fear this needs to be done yet. ::)
_____

EDIT: New image host. Again. %wrd

N1_2888

Yet another Mairie for more urban settings (obviously in progress ;)):

French flags and putti with locket (above the entrance) generously provided by praiodan.

Krasner

ANARCHIST !!

bombardiere

I like this. Looks like another useful Paris/French building. :)

However, about those flag. Those will force the LOD outwards, and could potentially cause conflicts. Not necessary a big issue, but this may prevent using props on the road side of the building.

N1_2888

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Quote from: bombardiere on July 28, 2017, 02:11:54 AM
However, about those flag. Those will force the LOD outwards, and could potentially cause conflicts.
Not necessarily. First, thanks to Reader you don't need the same LODs for all four views. Only two views, East and West, require adjusted, i.e. flag-friendly LODs. You can be sure, these won't be just simple boxes. ;) (Alternatively I could render the flags separately and mod them as prop.)

vester

Great looking bat.

Good to see you back, batting.

Quote from: N1_2888 on July 28, 2017, 02:13:26 PM
Not necessarily. First, thanks to Reader you don't need the same LODs for all four views. Only two views, East and West, require adjusted, i.e. flag-friendly LODs. You can be sure, these won't be just simple boxes. ;) (Alternatively I could render the flags separately and mod them as prop.)

Like to hear how you do this.

N1_2888

Quote from: vester on July 29, 2017, 04:19:57 AM
Great looking bat.

Good to see you back, batting.

Quote from: vester on July 29, 2017, 04:19:57 AM
Quote from: N1_2888 on July 28, 2017, 02:13:26 PM

Like to hear how you do this.
In a nutshell:

South: Both flags are within the building's contour, thus can be outside the actual LODs (which of course should include the building itself).
North: Both flags are not visible, thus, again, can be outside the actual LODs.
East: The first flag is within the building's contour, but not the second. Thus the LODs have to be adjusted in order to cover the second flag.
West: See East.

So you need two exported models, a South/North and an East/West model respectively. Don't alter the file name of the gmax model in order to avoid possible changes of the material name or whatever in the Reader. Both models, i.e. SC4Models vary in their group IDs, which are part of the file names automatically generated during the course of the exporting process. Open the South/North model with the reader, delete all entries having ######1# and ######3# IIDs, copy and paste the corresponding entries from the East/West model, equal the group IDs, save, and delete the East/West model. That's it. (Well, I hope so. :D)

N1_2888

I'm still working on it: ::)

Unfortunately the B.A.T. does not render the pediments properly:

I will fix this.

PaPa-J

I'm a novice when it come to the B.A.T., but this looks great to me.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Krasner

Really cool  :thumbsup: I always need more of these small council houses for my suburban towns, and your previous one was great and very useful  ::)
ANARCHIST !!

Tyberius06

Wow!
Nice to see you are still working on these! :)  &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mattb325

Nice to see someone is still making parisian stuff  :)

Girafe

Glad you are still BATing  ;)
And what a beautiful model  :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

N1_2888

Thank you, guys! :)
_____

Done!
(... after more than two years. ::))

Front view with fixed pediments:

Back view which is just loosely based on the original building:

(In reality the backyard facade looks even more opulent than the front. ???)

Modding is yet to be made.

mattb325

Good to see you still batting.  :thumbsup:

This little Parisian building is indeed a thing of beauty and well worth the wait!  :)