• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi all,a new old connection,just a bit of color added ;)

bladeberkman

Durfsurn

That is a freakin awesome interchange dude!

Haljackey

Beautiful designs @bladeberkman! Holy crap!

-----

New lateral interchange (I think that's the name???)

Click for full size

Pythias900KMB

My contribution this time is rather anti-climatic; still, I want to do it anyway because I without cause blew up at two members of the NAM Team that tried to help me with the Diverging Diamond.  Well, I succeeded with it!!!

medit84truth

Haljackey

Upgrading an interchange to allow expansion to the east.

Click images for full size.

Wiimeiser

So how does it connect to the local streets now?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Haljackey

Quote from: Wiimeiser on August 07, 2018, 06:43:48 AM
So how does it connect to the local streets now?

Access is provided via interchanges on the new highway. Here's an example - also shows where the new alignment ends

(This is still very much a work in progress)

Route in region:

It was easier to bypass this stretch rather than upgrade it to full freeway standards.

CasperVg

Not quite sure what to call this.. probably not very safe either with that on-ramp quite close to an inside exit  &Thk/(

Click for bigger version
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Haljackey

Hi Casper! I think that's a variant of the 'paperclip interchange'. Looks great!

-----

I'm a little late to the game, but this is my first interchange to feature a diagonal on-slope height transition.

After you make interchanges for 12+ years, you kinda get used to stuff. Change is always welcome though!   :thumbsup:

Pythias900KMB

Quote from: CasperVg on August 08, 2018, 10:30:15 AM
Not quite sure what to call this.. probably not very safe either with that on-ramp quite close to an inside exit  &Thk/(

Click for bigger version

Casper, I like the artistic license you demonstrated with the pictured interchange; still, I am a bit troubled by a few things.

*   You could have availed an outside D1 ramp instead of that C1 inside ramp to feed traffic into the terminating highway.

*   I also question the utility of the C1 access ramp;  I believe that you could have done that with a FlexHeight and a D1 ramp.

*   Please also consider availing egress-only lanes on the through highway.

*   Along those same lines, A1 ramps are not appropriate for major highway-to-highway interchanges.  Please consider either an A2 or a D2 egress ramp instead.

You are headed in the right direction, Casper; keep at it!

CasperVg

Thanks, Pythias! I'll try to make adjustments where possible :)

In the meantime, there's also this on/offramp combination - still needs detailing of course..

Pythias900KMB

Quote from: CasperVg on August 09, 2018, 09:47:04 AM
Thanks, Pythias! I'll try to make adjustments where possible :)

In the meantime, there's also this on/offramp combination - still needs detailing of course..

(Looks at your screen capture and shakes his head in disapproval)  Casper, A2 ramps are more wisely used as egress ramps; NEVER use them as access ramps!!!  Avail a D2 access ramp where you have those A2 access ramps.

CasperVg

You're probably right about that. I guess the incoming outside lane clashing directly with the inside lane of the highway being merged on is indeed a bit dangerous :P
How's this instead?

EDIT: Bonus full tile image:

[/url]

Haljackey

Beautiful work as always Casper!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-----

Trumpet interchange variant with an absurdly long ramp

-----

This completes a project making the highway north of the water fully grade-separated. (The south side is still being worked on)

It crosses 10 large city tiles.

Pythias900KMB

Quote from: CasperVg on August 11, 2018, 12:31:46 AM
You're probably right about that. I guess the incoming outside lane clashing directly with the inside lane of the highway being merged on is indeed a bit dangerous :P
How's this instead?

EDIT: Bonus full tile image:

[/url]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls

Much better, Casper!!!

Tarkus

Great to see two excellent interchange builders showing their finest in here! :thumbsup:

Here's a preview of an interim version of a new interchange coming to Tarkusian Cities . . .

It's interim as I still need to make diagonal D1 and E1 ramps to get rid of the nasty merges, and that highway is indeed planned to go over the river (and through the woods).

-Alex

bladeberkman

CasperVg

Oh man, those diagonal height transitions are going to be another game changer. Looking great!