• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The region of Pirgos is back! | Update 82 [28 November]

Started by io_bg, August 30, 2009, 10:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Excellent work!  That rural area is looking great!

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

io_bg

Replies

Glowbal - Thanks! Today's update is exactly for you! :P
art128 - Thanks, Arthur! Yes, the rail lines are not used only by freight trains, there are also passenger stations :)
Bobbi - Thank you!
Tomas Neto - Thanks to you too!
Battlecat - Thank you! But I guess I'll never manage to make my rural areas as detailed and as beautiful as yours ;)
Sciurus - Thanks for stopping by, my friend!

Update 4

This time I'll show you a mosaic and a night pic from the second CBD. (caution: the mosaic is quite big!)

And here's the night pic (actually it's also a mosaic but a really small one :P)

That's all for today, hope you enjoyed this update! And don't forget to post a comment after viewing! :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Leodido

Very good pictures, nice one :)

Great update.

Léo.

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Fabian93

You've got a beautiful CBD there  &apls
Well done, I really like the parks and the trees along the canal  :thumbsup:
But personally I think the little house on the bottom left doesn't match in there, but this is just minor  ;).

Keep it up,
Fabian

art128

Excellent work Ioan, these two mosaics looks wonderful my friend. It's looks like you love the Art-deco style, me too, nice choice of BAT soo.  :P the transition between canals and Shaun (diggis) 's ponds is really nicely done and looks quite good. The tram line fit in very well.
Looking forward to more,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Glowbal

Yes indeed. this update was exactly for me.  ;D Very nice!

jimbo_jj

Looking good. Always a fan of cbd pics, and this one doesn't let me down in the least. Nice waterfront parks in particular. Great job! :thumbsup:

-James
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

io_bg

Replies

Leodido  - Thank you!
Fabian93 - Thanks, but that on the bottom isn't a house, it's a school ;)
art128 - Thanks, my friend! Yeah, I really like art-deco buildings, that's why I put some in the downtown :)
Bobbi - Thank you, Bobbi!
Glowbal - Thanks, I'm glad you like it!
jimbo_jj - Thank you for the nice comment!

Update 5
In this update I'll show you the suburbs west of the city of Pirgos.

A roundabout interchange

A pic is from the northern suburbs

And in the end a big mosaic (from the western suburbs again)

And now a question for you, the readers: what would you like to see next? More pictures from the suburbs or from the CBD?

jimbo_jj

Nice looking suburbs. That intercharge looks like a creative solution, certainly different than usual.

As for your question, usually I would say "Go downtown!" but I'm in a suburban mood right now. Either way is great, though. ;D

-James
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

Tomas Neto

Wooww, great mosaic!!! Very nice pics, my friend!!!  &apls &apls

Glowbal

I love it.  ;) That intersection is great

art128

I didn't know there were an update !  :P
Nice work Ioan, the suburbs looks quite a good place to live, as always. As I have already said, the tram line fit in very well, also as the interchange that is nicely done and thought. I like how the rural highway ends at that avenue interesection, again it's nicely done to put everything in well together. The only thing I can reproach are the edge of the grass in the interchange zone, you could use some of SFBT's awesome fillers lots to lake a diagonal junction between the grass of the MIS and the grass of the terrain texture (BTW, the fillers have also some trees in the diagonal section, it will be nice !  ;) ). The second thing I don't really love is the repetition of the Mattb325's villas and the maxis ones, in the mosaic I count four time the same by Maxis and three time the same by Mattb325... It will be nice to have some more variation ! (I know, between crashes and other RL problem it's hard to do  ::) )
Well, my critics ends for today !  :P
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

nice job on the roundabout-intersection thingie, I've been thinking for ages about how I could do something just like that, and you prestent me with an answer which is (though it never even crossed my mind to do it like this) exactly what I wanted. :thumbsup:
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Battlecat

Nice job on those suburbs!  That interchange is particularly innovative!

peter007

It looks really good  :thumbsup:
NICE  &apls

sumwonyuno

Ahh, I've seen that mosaic you submitted in the Show Us Your Mosaics thread, but I decided to compliment it here.  The second CBD looks very nice and well done.  And, I have to agree with everyone else, that interchange is a unique combination of several mods.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

io_bg

Replies

jimbo_jj - Thanks, sorry if I disappoint you, but I chose the downtown (I haven't finished the suburbs yet &ops)
Tomas Neto - Thank you, my friend!
Glowbal - Thanks!
art128 - You like writing long comments, don't you? :P I thought about using these fillers but I was too lazy to put them :D I also don't really like the repetition, but unfortunately there aren't many R$$$ houses &mmm
WC_EEND - Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad I've given you ideas!
Battlecat  - Thanks, my friend! Glad you like it ;)
peter007- Thank you!
sumwonyuno - Thanks for stopping by here!

Update 6

This time I'll show you only two mosaics... Click on the thumbnails for bigger resolution - 800x5312 px (before converting them, they were 1280x5300 px ??? ) I hope they won't load slowly $%Grinno$%

Enjoy and, please, leave comments ;)

wallasey

Beautiful region!

You have a great eye for detail which makes for reading an attractively compiled CJ. Well done and keep up the good work.