• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The region of Pirgos is back! | Update 82 [28 November]

Started by io_bg, August 30, 2009, 10:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djvandrake

Yes I do like it!  &apls

Wonderful mosaics, and that canal with the rail crossing it looks fantastic.  :thumbsup:

art128

Hey, Mr Stealer..  :D :P
Some excellent mosaic in this update, Ioan. I really love the panorama, with on the left side, low and mid rise building and on the right part the high rise one. The EL-Rail line fits in well perfectly my friend, good work to make it with the feeling of an European city. The first mosaic is nice too, I see you use Dan's Foundation Technic, that's good, you've done it really well. The second one, with the canal is good too, I like how the EL-tram line goes on the canal, looks like a real bridge. Also, as usual, a lot of Art-Deco buildings, I like.
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

BarbarossaS

Most definitely worth the wait! That is one impressive city you've got there!  &apls &apls
I love the waterfront and the river, excellent work!  :thumbsup:

-Stijn-

Sciurus

This is wonderful, I love it! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:

PS : 1000th comment! :party:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Battlecat

Nice pair of mosaics!  I really like that dark blue building by the canal in the second shot!  Could you let me know what it's called when you have a moment?  Thanks! 

Fabian93

Hey Ioan,
wonderful Update #8  &apls It's just as good as the others  :thumbsup:
I really like your custom lots you put here and there, those make the mosaics even better.
BTW where is Pirgos located (don't know if you've ever written it)? I´t's hard to figure it out, since you mix the different architectural styles perfectly.

Fabian  &apls

io_bg

Replies

djvandrake - Thanks for seeing you so frequently here, my friend! :thumbsup:
art128 - Thanks, although I haven't used any techniques  $%Grinno$%
BarbarossaS - Thank you! Glad you like it!
Sciurus - Merci, Guillaume! And congrats on your 1000th comment (soon I'll hit 1000 too ;D)
Battlecat - Thanks! I sent you a PM about that :P
Fabian93 - Thanks, my friend! That's a tough question, maybe Pirgos is a European country with strong North American influence in architecture? :D

Update 9
I'm working on a part of the city, but it's still not finished, so I decided to show you some random pictures from the city.
Here's the downtown I showed you in the last update:

And another downtown I've been showing you in more previous udpates:

The pier next to the beach (the next update will be focused on the area to the right of this mosaic)

Another angle

Hope you like it!
Edit: I saw some of you lurking here!  $%#Ninj2
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

&apls &apls &apls Fantastic images, and awesome mosaic, my friend!!!  &apls &apls &apls

adroman

Amazing!

I love the way you've blended the styles of buildings together...
Super realistic!
:thumbsup:
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Glowbal

beautifully, no other word to discripe this update. ;)

djvandrake

Quote from: io_bg
Thanks for seeing you so frequently here, my friend!

You're welcome.  :)  It's always my pleaseure to visit here.

I really like the plazas that you have in your downtown area.   :thumbsup:  The boardwalk along your beach is really nice, and that's an impressive pier!  &apls

Fabian93

Great update, Ioan.  :thumbsup:
Love the little beach you've made there.
And of course the Lot in front of the Waldorf-Astoria is looking brilliant  ;)

Keep up the good work,  &apls
Fabian

Sciurus

This city is fantastic. I particullary like the latest image, it reminds me the french's front of sea, built in the 60's like La Grande Motte.
Where did you fins the building we see on the latest pic please?

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

TmiguelT

yeah that was me A.k.A "the mysterious lurker"  $%Grinno$%
Awesome job on the mosaics. I love everything on your MD. Downtown looks awesome !!!  &apls

joelyboy911

Hey Ioan. You are doing a great job. Those pictures from the CBD and of the waterfront are excellent.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Nexis4Jersey

Great Job, you did nicely with the CBD :)

io_bg

Replies

Tomas Neto - Thanks, Tomas! :thumbsup:
adroman - Thank you!
Glowbal - Thanks to you too! :)
djvandrake - Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy your visits!
Fabian93 - Thank you, Fabian, I spent about 3-4 hours on that lot $%Grinno$%
Sciurus - Merci, Guillaume! Do you mean the yellow high-rises? If yes, these are Maxis buildings ;) (some of my favourite Maxis buildings)
Bobbi - Thanks, Bobbi! :thumbsup:
TmiguelT - I'm happy when I see a comment by a lurker, thank you for it!
joelyboy911 - Thanks, Joel!
Nexis4Jersey - Thank you!

Update 10

This time I'll show you the suburbs north of the city of Pirgos. Enjoy ;)

Hope you like it! And don't forget to leave a comment  :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Dreamcat

INCREDIBLE update!  How could I have missed this wonderful MD?  I am certainly glad I found it!  The suburbs you have there are wonderful!  The highway and the marina are both great as well!  Good job with everything you've done here.  Keep up the good work~!

ecoba

I am sorry I don't comment here enough, Ioan.

Pirgos is such a wonderful MD. Your city building style absolutely amazes me. All the different BATs give sucha diversity in you downtown, and I also like how you don't make your downtowns walls of skyscrapers, with lots of midrises and a couple of lowrises here and there.

Pirgo's northern suburbs are insanely besutiful. I would compare them to those of Daniel's (Shadow Assassin), featured in Ensenada [linkie in sig]. Your blend of Brian's (c.p.), Matt's (Mattb325), and Jon's (JBSimio) BATs as well as the Maxis houses is amazing. I love those SFBT soundwalls between the RHW and the Wal-Mart. (So suburban, even though I utterly despise Wal-Mart).

The flora on that picturesque coastline is amazingly perfect, that is a wonderful amalgamation of trees, underbrush, and rocks. You probably have an amazing Mayor Mode Flora menu.

Is it pronounceed Peer-gos, or Pir-jose? Or something else?

Ethan