• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

carlfatal

Indeed mindblowing!  :bnn:

And all the work with RRW can rivale C:SL rails. Although SC4 has to live with the grid in some ways, I don´t see realistic rails in C.SL for now. This is not a question of curves alone, C.SL is much too much concentrated on street traffic.  ;D

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Incredibly smooth curves. Agree with carlfatal, it will be a long time before modders in CS match the RRW and its forthcoming expansion.

Simcoug

mgb204

If we're talking about CS, that's one of the real issues with a free-form road system and no grid, it's always a nightmare to line multiple tracks up nicely, I'm rarely happy with the results.

As it stands though this is a great development, only logical to see some of the RHW innovations making their way into the rest of the NAM, certainly a place where removing puzzle pieces will be welcomed. I really love some of the switches too, the type of thing I've long been wishing was possible, can't wait to see where all this innovation ends up  :thumbsup:.

eggman121

Here is my latest working of the RRW Flextrack that I was promising to show you. Included is the new functionality for that I have just made in the last couple of days.

https://www.youtube.com/v/VXinZJTQle4

I have included commentary in this video so please mind my Australian Accent.

There are a few new pieces in there to keep you guessing!

Hope you all enjoy  &bis&

-eggman121

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Gugu3

Girafe

ahah fantastic,

our Mr. catenaries will have lot of job  :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Vizoria

FrankU

Zeratai

Wow, this is very useful, finally we getting a functional rail system. Thank you very much. Will this be included in the NAM 33?

vester

S W E E T ! ! !

One Karma point  :thumbsup:

belfastsocrates

It really incredible work, I echo all of the praise dished out so far.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

carlfatal

art128

Well, it seems I can only echo what has already been said. Good work on the Flextracks, it will certainly become one of the most liked feature of the future NAMs.

Quote from: Zeratai on September 03, 2015, 06:34:58 AMWill this be included in the NAM 33?

If I remember correctly, it'll be included starting at NAM34.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mgb204

I've just been looking once more at the automation of RRW textures and came up with this sample:

It's only the Straight and Diagonal textures right now, but if automation could be applied to the whole RRW set, the ballast and sleepers could be customised with just two textures needed, the rest would be done for you automatically. Sample DAT for anyone that wants to test them in-game attached, See Next page for newer version instead.

belfastsocrates

I really like the idea of concrete sleepers, make the rail much more 'modern' and urban in nature I think. I do think the ballast is a touch too light but I appreciate this is early days.

I'm exciting about the prospect of choosing a different texture for RRW. Such a fantastic future beckons for SC4 heavy rail.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

JoeST

niiiiice, I hope the rest of the automation goes smoothly :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms