• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Can anyone tell me what is going on here.  I am using NWM 3 lane One Way roads and for some reason, the black/blank areas are showing up.  I have tried deleting the entire block roads, even tried zoning the entire blocks.  Finally, one would think it is the NWM stubs.  I am at a loss here. 

dyoungyn

I am still at a loss here and have no idea why it is showing up like this in the Region Transport view.  Never had this pop up.  For this particular map, I deleted the contents and started over again.  Granted there is MASSIVE amount of Commercial and Residential in this area as it is a downtown area.

Tarkus

The Region Transport View is a very finicky thing that we don't have a ton of control over.  It was pretty much a miracle that we were able to get the RHW to show up on there with jondor's method.  I don't know that there's much we can do with these particular cases, unfortunately.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Alex,

Thank you for the reply.  I assumed it was as such. 

I am not sure if it is associated with the amount of kilobytes on one map or not.  I also noticed this since the last NAM Update.  Again, is it possible with the expansion in size for NAM and RHW that the Transport view is acting funky?  Not trying to assume anything, only suggesting possible scenarios.

dyoungyn

Tarkus

The method used for getting the RHW on there is a workaround already, reliant on overlaying Traffic DataView info over the Regional Transport View, so it has its limitations.  It hasn't changed since it was first included (the RHW 5.0 release that came at the same time as NAM 30--it existed separately for a short while before that), so unfortunately, I don't have a good explanation for any apparent changes in its behavior since then.  If I saw the actual parts within the city tile themselves, I might be able to look into it further.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Alex,

Thank you again for the detailed explanation.  I am so thankful to not only yourself but he entire NAM Team for the creatively and coming up with imaginative items that keeps SC4 strong and alive.  Sorry to have shown a bit complaining for something so petty. 

dyoungyn

QueenieChryssie

Hello! I have two significant issues with NAM. As of today, I downloaded NAM--the standard version with everything selected in the default installer.  It was running smoothly, but I decided that there was next to no traffic in my cities at all... which doesn't really present a challenge.  So, I went to edit the traffic simulator after closing my game and after I make the changes I desire, I press save.  Only... it doesn't save.  Instead, it says "Error deleting files.  Simcity is probably running."  I then go to my task manager to check that there's no program titled 'Simcity' running on my computer, which there is not.  I boot up simcity again and delete every new building and roadway that I built before closing it again, and I end up re-installing NAM (NetworkAddonMod Setup 34), but this time, choose to only install the traffic simulator.  I make sure to choose the option 'no' for keeping all the previous stuff that I downloaded.  It installs, and I change the settings on the traffic simulator that I wish, before starting up the game again.  Now I choose a new region to build on, and while I'm placing my starting avenues, the quad-intersection is blank.  Now, I saw in the FAQ that there's an answer for this, but I already HAD reinstalled NAM.  Regardless, I delete the NAM files from my plugin folder in my documents, and reinstall again. (only with traffic simulator.)  This still occurs.  How can I go about having avenues wherein they are connected (this is only happening with avenue-intersections, not roads or streets), without having to run every feature of this mod?  Please help.

Tarkus

It sounds like you somehow still ended up with the INRUL file that adds the necessary code for the Avenue Turning Lanes feature, but without the necessary file that contains all the textures and paths that make that feature operate, causing the blank tiles.  The procedure you described should have eliminated those files, but it sounds like there's still something that got left behind.  The name of the file that contains the INRULs and is the likely source of your problem is NetworkAddonMod_TurningLanes_Avenues_Plugin_INRULs.dat.  If you do a search for that file and find it, you can delete it and it should eliminate the issue.

A less likely possibility is that somehow, you have a second NAM installation (or some part of one) hiding somewhere.  This can potentially happen if you manually delete the mod and then reinstall it, which is not recommended (though it may still be advised in the not-so-recent documentation).  It could also happen if you had consolidated an earlier NAM installation at some point with a utility like SC4DatPacker or JDatPacker.

-Alex

Allein

mgb204

The overrides can be a bit finicky with everything so close together. It could be an RUL issue though too.

If you move the connections to the avenue either side of bridge over by a tile, you should be fine. I suspect it would also work properly if you dragged the road all the way through to make a 4-way junction instead of a T.

Update: I just double-checked this setup in my game. It works fine with Roads, but only as a 4-way with RHW-2. Perhaps try clicking around the junction a little. Otherwise try re-building the on-slope piece with the problem.

dyoungyn

I agree, just  little to close to the slop piece, then the AVE4/AVE5 transition.  I to have only had luck with 4 way intersections only or one side 3 way and they other 4 way.  Beside, I have only had luck with this particular set-up to only run a road underneath.  The column for the avenue above is in the way for AVE4

mgb204

If you are careful, I've even managed to keep TLA-5 and TULEPs on these on-slope transitions. But it doesn't want to play ball always.

Seaman

I am not sure about this, but I thought I could bring this to attention. The Pylon section on this (viaduct!) bridge is somehow not properly overriden with RRW textures. Nothing special, but I wondered, why this differs depending from the angle you look at the bridge:

strange:

90° view turn, Pylon sections are displayed properly.

Jack_wilds

concerning the NAM Tools...

where and how to install... what do they do...

laptop took a header, starting over; thanks for pointing me in right direction... a page with links to all needed SC4 plug-ins, accessories, updates, and maxis updates

thanks

Tarkus

If you're on a disc copy of SC4, pick up the appropriate SKU of the EP1 Update 1 (1.1.638) patch here, and optionally, the SC4 Buildings Update Patch (1.1.640) here (it's the second item on that page).  If you're using a digital copy, the game should already be at Version 1.1.641 and would not need patching.

After that, the only thing you need on the NAM side is the NAM itself.  There are no other separate downloads needed--the traffic simulator and its configuration tool, as well as all the plugins (RHW, NWM, etc.) and all the bridges are all in that single download.

-Alex

mgb204

Quote from: Seaman on September 05, 2016, 09:39:44 AM
I am not sure about this, but I thought I could bring this to attention. The Pylon section on this (viaduct!) bridge is somehow not properly overriden with RRW textures. Nothing special, but I wondered, why this differs depending from the angle you look at the bridge

Whatever the problem is, I can only guess something is wrong with your NAM / RRW install. I'm not seeing any problems with this bridge in my game.

Seaman

Quote from: mgb204 on September 17, 2016, 02:30:22 AM
Whatever the problem is, I can only guess something is wrong with your NAM / RRW install. I'm not seeing any problems with this bridge in my game.

ok thanks for checking.

Nosimx

DBE for RHW / MHW ?

Is there a simple way to fix the diagonal bridge for RHW? Is LHD the missing part?

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4483/b8d2qvr9_png.htm

eggman121

Quote from: Nosimx on September 18, 2016, 10:25:12 PM
DBE for RHW / MHW ?

Unfortunately these features are not currently implemented except for MGB204's MHO patch on the LEX IIRC. Normal RHW DBE Bridges are on the cards but you will have to wait for them to be made. It is possible that they can use the current Models from the RHW mod but that will take some time.

I would suggest using the OWR and MHO as alternatives for now.

-eggman121

mgb204

All of my work on improving compatibility for MHO is complete, which includes the DBE Bridge, LHD is also fully supported. I've still got a couple files to package/organise, but all these fixes should be included in the next version of NAM (35).

In the meantime, if you install the "patch" from the LEX that Eggman121 mentions, that's an interim solution which includes the DBE fix amongst others.