• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW on/off-ramps?

Started by pigeonpigeon, March 15, 2013, 06:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigeonpigeon

I'm having trouble making functional ramps for my RHW. I can make the ramps themselves just fine using puzzle pieces, but whenever I try to connect the MIS to regular roads, the would-be junction just disappears leaving a gap. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? If it's a bug, is there a work-around? A highway that can't connect to other roads isn't very useful to me :(

Two other NAM-related questions:
1) I remember seeing someone in a video creating ramps by just dragging RHW from an existing highway in a certain pattern, but I can't find it or reproduce it. Am I hallucinating all that, or is it really a function?

2) I've been using Ennedi's slope mod for my roads but took someone's advice and haven't installed a slope mod for RHW, using other roads/rail to create slopes for my highway instead. But I recently re-ran the NAM installer for MHO, and ever since then all my RHW has been extremely slope-sensitive! It can actually still handle fairly steep slopes but it refuses to build across tiles that are graded just a tiny bit differently, it's driving me nuts! I looked through the plug-ins folder and documentation but found no trace of a possible culprit... But re-installing NAM is the only change I've made to my plug-ins lately.

Thanks in advance, and it really is amazing how much life you guys have been able to breathe into a 10 year old game!

pigeonpigeon

I've pinpointed the (first) problem. The MSI works fine if you have it intersect orthogonally with other roads, but goes a little crazy if you try to transition from MSI to road/street. For example, transitioning MSI -> one way road = broken transition. Whereas if you create a T intersection (with MSI as the leg) it connects fine.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: pigeonpigeon on March 15, 2013, 07:10:13 PM
I've pinpointed the (first) problem. The MSI works fine if you have it intersect orthogonally with other roads, but goes a little crazy if you try to transition from MSI to road/street. For example, transitioning MSI -> one way road = broken transition. Whereas if you create a T intersection (with MSI as the leg) it connects fine.

We're already aware of the broken MIS functions (it's MIS, not MSI; We don't do video cards), and have that scheduled to be included in a later release.

And:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SirdKOFtwzg
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

pigeonpigeon

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on March 15, 2013, 08:04:59 PM
We're already aware of the broken MIS functions (it's MIS, not MSI; We don't do video cards), and have that scheduled to be included in a later release.

And:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SirdKOFtwzg

Whoops, I got it right the first time and then proceeded to screw up the acronym every time after that. And thanks! I knew I had seen that somewhere, so that's what DRI stands for. All these acronyms constantly thrown around can make things difficult to know what to look for until you get used to it.

Also, how is it that the 'customer support' for the NAM is so much better than for anything I've ever paid for? You guys are awesome.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: pigeonpigeon on March 15, 2013, 08:27:44 PM
Also, how is it that the 'customer support' for the NAM is so much better than for anything I've ever paid for? You guys are awesome.

Because we want things to be satisfactory?

And glossary: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15114.0
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums